Routine tasks and small jobs take a lot of time. Streamlining workflows and automating routines means greater efficiency. What helps: The right setup in the Office !
- What should an efficient office look like?
- The furnishing of the office determines the efficiency
- More free capacity through proper filing
- No pain, better concentration
- Let there be light: lighting increases productivity
- After order, ergonomics and light comes the atmosphere
- Checklist: This helps you work more efficiently
- Conclusion: simple means quickly lead to more efficiency!
- Top books on the subject
- Read text as PDF
- Advice on success, goal achievement or marketing
- Book eCourse on Demand
- Skate eBook as desired
What should an efficient office look like?
Many People work effectively but not efficiently. What's the difference? If you work effectively, you will be reached Objective. The relationship between what is striven for and what has been achieved is right. If you work efficiently, you do the same – but with less effort, less Costs and in less time.
What does an office have to look like so that you can work efficiently? What do filing systems, height-adjustable desks, the right wall colors, indoor plants and freedom of movement have to do with productivity?
The furnishing of the office determines the efficiency
The books on the subject (advertising)
Efficient work means fast and cost-saving Tasks to be completed in the given time or even faster. Notes, letters and folders are piled up on the desk and the notebooks are lying around in between. The computer desktop is visually reminiscent of the shop window of a junk shop. Clear your Desk because the overview is very important! Without Office organization it does not work:
- Suspension files: Documents are sorted into folders on shelves and drawers in order to clearly separate the various areas from one another.
- Label: Each folder must reveal at first glance what is in it.
- folder: The folders are clipboards. Once tasks have been completed, the documents go straight to the final folder.
More free capacity through proper filing
What is neatly filed, sorted and labeled in folders no longer buzzes in your mind Head hereabouts. So you have more thinking capacities free for the actual tasks. You treat digital documents and folders in the same way as data on paper. You shouldn't put the documents on the desktop (that's your digital desk), but in neat folders. Manage the access rights immediately in case you are in a larger one Network work and colleagues have access to your computer. For the solo self-employed, the issue of access rights is not that important because you work from home and are not connected to the networks of the customers connected.
Efficiently furnished offices strive for a filing system that is intuitive and understandable light is reachable. Files that are constantly needed and stored two floors away stand in the way of efficiency. The same applies to the colleague who makes a loud phone call at the neighboring desk. Working efficiently is in an office that both quiet zones and speaking zones offers, easier. Efficiency is not just a question of office organization, but of furnishing: rooms have to be furnished in a use-oriented and functional manner. In case of doubt, this includes soundproofing.
No pain, better concentration
Discounts for your success (advertising)!
The second point is concentration: what do you need in order to work in a focused manner?
- Desk with adjustable height: Neck pain and tense shoulders disturb concentration. Height adjustable desks can help prevent tension and pain. The tables are electrically adjustable and can be loaded up to over 100 kilograms.
- Height-adjustable desk chair: In addition to the work surface and the writing surface, your seat height plays a role. Ergonomics in the workplace means that the posture is relaxed and healthy.
- Ergonomic technology: Keyboards and computer mice are also ergonomic today. The screen is ergonomic if it is at the right height and easy on the eyes.
- No multitasking: Colleagues have to respect that you are focused. For important tasks, switch off malfunctions such as smartphones, push-up messages and e-mails. They do one task at a time. Ideally, tackle the most uncomfortable tasks first to clear your head for the joyful aspects of your job.
- Do not distract: Again: The e-mail program stays off, colleagues stay outside, the phone is switched off.
- Movement: Ergonomic office furniture allows you to stretch your legs and arms. You have enough space to stretch. You can walk around the desk completely during the short break.
Let there be light: lighting increases productivity
It used to be said that the office had to be bright, brighter, the brightest. Today we know that this is not true. It depends on the quality of the light. Bright lighting with a high proportion of bluish light is rather exhausting and disturbs concentration. Efficiency is the opposite. Warmer and not quite as bright light sources are better suited. The best is natural light. This must not dazzle, but must be available in sufficient quantities. The lighting situation includes Orientation of the desk: Ideally, the view falls unhindered into the distance when the Eyes be slightly lifted up by the computer screen. That means the window should be straight or slightly slanted behind the desk, not behind you.
In open plan offices, this situation is not for everyone Employees and employees. In this case are Daylight lamps useful. The lamps imitate the light quality of natural sunlight on a moderately sunny day. This light quality is perceived as easy on the eyes. At the same time, the ability to concentrate increases for another reason: the biorhythm man is linked to light. Daylight in moderate to high quality signals waking hours.
After order, ergonomics and light comes the atmosphere
A good working atmosphere is inviting and open, promotes concentration and generates a sense of well-being. How this is achieved is different for each person. You need a potted plant on your desk and your coffee maker. It provides you with caffeine and the scent of the best coffee in the world World. Your colleague needs a crocheted doily under the teacup and a bouquet of roses next to it. And your colleague? Ask She him. Workstations and desks must not be too small. For a good working atmosphere it is important that you can set up the desk. They need the opportunity to live out personal freedom.
Anyone who spends eight hours or more in the office a day lives there. Design your office so that you can work well there. With regard to the freedom of colleagues, that goes without saying. Stress factors have no place in the office: the note with the dentist's appointment stays in your pocket.
Checklist: This helps you work more efficiently
- Ergonomics: Office furniture, technology and lighting must be tailored to your physical needs.
- Working atmosphere: Create your own creative space that inspires and promotes focused work.
- Organization: Real desks and digital desks provide an overview when they are tidy. Filing systems help.
- Concentration: Turn off all distractions.
- No stress factors: do unpleasant work first. Eliminate all other stress factors (loud noises, bright light sources ...) as far as you can.
- Think positive: Focus on the benefits of your job once a day. Make yourself aware of the meaning of what you are doing.
Conclusion: simple means quickly lead to more efficiency!
An Desk lamp with daylight lamp, a desk, a chair and the ability to concentrate increases - efficient work is easy to achieve. Important to know:
ergonomics at Workplace, which are freedom from distractions and a pleasant work atmosphere just as important for solo self-employed like for employees, in the home office or in the open plan office. You will benefit if you consider the points listed above in the workplace at home!
Top books on the subject
Read text as PDF
Acquire this text as a PDF (only for own use without passing it on according to Terms and conditions): Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de, we will then send the PDF to you immediately. You can also purchase text series.
Advice on success, goal achievement or marketing
Do you have questions about careers, Recruiting, personal development or increasing reach? Our AIAdviser helps you for 5 euros a month – free for book buyers. We offer special ones for other topics IT services
Book eCourse on Demand
Up to 30 lessons with 4 learning tasks each + final lesson as a PDF download. Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de. Alternatively, we would be happy to put your course together for you or offer you a personal, regular one eMail-Course - all further information!
Skate eBook as desired
If our store does not offer you your desired topic: We will be happy to put together a book according to your wishes and deliver it in a format of yours Choice. Please sign us after purchase supportberufebilder.de