eMails may be practical, but they are not always appropriate. We'll show you which ones Knigge-Regulate you need to pay attention.
- eMails: time-saving, but not always appropriate
- If the nuances in the conversation are missing
- For the eMail-Knigge basic rules apply
- 10 Kingge Rules: When are eMails appropriate and when not?
- Top books on the subject
- Read text as PDF
- Book eCourse on Demand
- Skate eBook as desired
- Corporate publishing and advice
eMails: time-saving, but not always appropriate
eMails are one of the most important means of communication today, used on almost every occasion - especially in the Job. But not always are eMails also the best means of communication in a situation, sometimes they are completely inappropriate.
Especially at work, most people communicate People almost exclusively by e-mail. It's usually quicker to spit out a few lines than to pick up the phone or even send a letter. One eMail so it saves time and Money, no wonder they are so popular.
If the nuances in the conversation are missing
But not always are eMails advantage: you can not, for example, facial expressions, gestures or voice replace the interlocutor. Therefore, the fine nuances are missing in the Conversation and the pure, unfiltered content leads fast to misunderstandings and serious quarrels. A letter, on the other hand, has the advantage that you can read through what has been written in detail Head let it go until you put the letter in the box.
Apart from the content, there are also a number of situations in which eMails are actually rather inappropriate - and always when a personal exchange would be better.
For the eMail-Knigge basic rules apply
Although congratulations and Christmas wishes are widespread by e-mail, the German etiquette in Duden points out that it depends on the occasion, on the personal Style and whether the good wishes should actually be sent by e-mail or in another form depends on the relationship between the sender and the recipient: the more important the occasion, the more appropriate a letter is for a card. However, if the interaction between the sender and recipient is usually quite informal, an e-mail is also possible.
It is also better not to exchange private content via e-mail: Postal or telecommunications secrecy applies here, just like with letters or telephone calls. However, the modern makes it Technology possible that the eMails can be read by unauthorized persons at any time while they are being sent or are in the inbox. So if you absolutely have to send private content by e-mail, you should at least encrypt it.
10 Kingge Rules: When are eMails appropriate and when not?
eMails are not always appropriate. We will show you when it is better to use other means of communication.
- Urgent things: When it comes to communicating urgent things, it is better to pick up the phone, because it can happen that the important e-mail does not arrive after all.
- Appointments: This also applies to arranging appointments: Instead of laboriously emailing back and forth five times, you can coordinate things much more efficiently on the phone. Exception: agreements with several people at the same time. If you don't have a conference call on the phone, you can go to crowds hereemails grab.
- Beware of criticism! Do not criticize others via email. Because the other person can't capture exactly what you mean by e-mail because there are no gestures or facial expressions. For the same reason, you shouldn't immediately click critical eMails reply. In any case, it is better to seek a personal conversation.
- Just no argument via email: E-mail disputes are even worse. Firstly, because you wrote something faster that you might not mean at all. And secondly, because e-mails usually sound even worse than they are meant to be. A harmless argument can quickly escalate.
- Personal – Attention boss reading along: Unencrypted eMails are like pieces of paper lying around openly: anyone can read them. Also the boss. Therefore, you should be careful with private content in the office.
- legal content: eMails have no probative value in court, because an e-mail can be manipulated later at any time without great effort. The sender is also not clearly recognizable. Therefore: Always sign legally important things and send them by post. Or provide the e-mail with a qualified electronic signature according to the signature law.
- delivery security: Sometimes it is also important that documents reach their destination on time and verifiably. You cannot prove this either when sending e-mails – even the electronic signature will not help you.
- Congratulations, Christmas greetings and condolences: That depends on the relationship you have with the recipient: the closer you are to the recipient, the more good wishes by e-mail are appropriate. But don't send it in bulk, it quickly looks clumsy. You should refrain from sending condolences by e-mail.
- Do not forward jokes and jokes: You should be particularly careful when forwarding Internet jokes to colleagues: You keep people from working and can quickly annoy their boss.
- Attention hoaxes: Even if virus warnings still sound dramatic: they are often false reports, so-called hoaxes, which only lead to an unnecessary increase in data garbage. So don't forward either.
Top books on the subject
Read text as PDF
Acquire this text as a PDF (only for own use without passing it on according to Terms & Conditions): Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de, we will then send the PDF to you immediately. You can also purchase text series.
Book eCourse on Demand
Up to 30 lessons with 4 learning tasks each + final lesson as a PDF download. Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de. Alternatively, we would be happy to put your course together for you or offer you a personal, regular one eMail-Course - all further information!
Skate eBook as desired
If our store does not offer you your desired topic: We will be happy to put together a book according to your wishes and deliver it in a format of yours Wahl. Please sign us after purchase supportberufebilder.de
Corporate publishing and advice
You want to publish, increase your reach or as an employer Candidate speak to? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).
Post a Comment