eMails may be practical, but are not always appropriate. We'll show you what etiquette isRegulate you need to pay attention.
- eMails: time-saving, but not always appropriate
- 5 basic thoughts on the right success of eMails
- If the nuances in the conversation are missing
- Perfect timing from eMails – this is what you should pay attention to
- For the eMail-Knigge basic rules apply
- 10 Kingge Rules: When are eMails appropriate and when not?
- Conclusion: That's why the timing is perfect eMail-Shipping so crucial
- Top books on the subject
- Read text as PDF
- Advice on success, goal achievement or marketing
- Book eCourse on Demand
- Skate eBook as desired
eMails: time-saving, but not always appropriate
eMails are one of the most important means of communication today, used on almost every occasion - especially in the Job. But not always are eMails also the best means of communication in a situation, sometimes they are completely inappropriate.
Especially at work, most people communicate People almost exclusively by e-mail. It's usually quicker to spit out a few lines than to pick up the phone or even send a letter. One eMail so it saves time and Money, no wonder they are so popular.
5 basic thoughts on the right success of eMails
The books on the subject (advertising)
But with that eMailIn order for it to arrive at your recipient in the way the sender intended, i.e. to be read and understood, you should think about the right timing in advance. There are important reasons for this:
- eMail-Traffic jam: A key aspect that underlines the importance of the right timing is the overload of email inboxes. In a time where the average person receives a multitude of emails every day, standing out in the sea of messages is crucial. An optimally chosen sending time can ensure that your message does not get lost in a crowded inbox, but instead appears at the right moment, when the recipient is more likely to read and respond to it.
- Recipient habits: The different habits and routines of recipients are another factor that highlights the importance of timing. People have individual preferences and daily routines that influence how they read their emails. Understanding these dynamics allows companies and individuals to position their messages to receive the most attention at the right time. This is particularly true in the business context, where successful communication often determines business transactions, partnerships and relationship building.
- The psyche of the recipient: The connection between sending emails and the psychological state of the recipients is another crucial aspect. People have different abilities and receptiveness to information at different times of the day. Smart timing takes these fluctuations into account and tries to send emails when recipients are most attentive and best able to process information.
- The use of mobile devices: The introduction of mobile devices has further influenced the timing. Most people now access their email via their smartphones or tablets, which is leading to new behaviors. For example, evenings and weekends could be particularly effective times when many users use their mobile devices for personal purposes. This development highlights the need to consider not only when but also how email is accessed.
- Cultural differences: Successful email communication also requires sensitivity to cultural differences and holidays. Depending on the region and industry, the ideal shipping times can vary greatly. Paying attention to holidays and special occasions can help ensure that your messages are received not only at the right moment, but also in the right cultural context.
If the nuances in the conversation are missing
If the fundamental aspects of the eMail-Communication have been clarified, it's time to think about the communication itself. That means: Above all, about their disadvantages. For example, you cannot use facial expressions, gestures or voice of the conversation partner. Therefore the subtle nuances are missing Conversation and the pure, unfiltered content leads fast to misunderstandings and serious quarrels. A letter, on the other hand, has the advantage that you can read through what has been written in detail Head let it go until you put the letter in the box.
Apart from the content, there are also a number of situations in which eMails are actually rather inappropriate - for example, whenever a personal exchange would be better. But perfect timing also plays a crucial role when sending emails, especially in a business context. Well thought out timing can do that Success of an email and the chances of receiving one positive Increase reaction.
Perfect timing from eMails – this is what you should pay attention to
Discounts for your success (advertising)!
This text looks at various aspects of perfect timing when sending emails and how Company can benefit from it.
- Time of day and week: Sending emails at the right times of the day and week is crucial to getting maximum attention from recipients. Monday mornings are often hectic as many professional activities await employees after the weekend. Tuesday to Thursday in the middle of the week is often considered optimal because the work week has already settled in but is not yet heading into the weekend. However, Friday should be treated with caution as many people tend to leave the office earlier.
- Industry-specific considerations: Depending on the industry, the ideal shipping times may vary. For example, B2B (business-to-business) emails might be most effective during regular office hours, when recipients are likely to be in the office and accessing their email. For B2C (business-to-consumer) emails, weekends could be effective when recipients have more free time.
- Consider time zones: For international email campaigns, it is important to consider the target group's time zones. Sending an email at the perfect time in your own time zone may not be optimal if the target audience lives in a different time zone.
- Analyze the behavior of the target group: Analyzing the behavior of the target group is crucial. Using tools to analyze open rates and click behavior can help understand recipient activity. This allows companies to identify patterns and adjust shipping timing accordingly.
- Holidays and special occasions: Emails can be particularly popular on special days such as holidays or special events. However, this should be viewed on an industry and culture-specific basis. Some holidays may cause emails to be overlooked, while other days may be viewed particularly positively.
- Conduct A/B testing: A/B testing is an effective method for determining optimal shipping timing. By experimenting with different send times, companies can find out when their target audience is most responsive.
- Consider mobile use: In an era where many people check their email via mobile devices, it's important to take this into account when planning when to send. For example, evening hours could be effective when many users use their mobile devices for personal purposes.
- Automated email delivery: Using automation tools allows companies to send emails at the optimal time based on each recipient's individual behavior. These tools analyze opening and click behavior and adjust sending timing accordingly.
- Individualization of emails: Timing should be based not only on general trends, but also on individual preferences. By being able to customize emails based on the behavior and preferences of individual recipients, companies can achieve a higher success rate.
- Include communication and feedback: Open communication with the target group is crucial. By collecting feedback, companies can better understand when their customers are most receptive to email. This could be done through surveys or direct interactions.
For the eMail-Knigge basic rules apply
But even if the timing is right, some important etiquette rules still apply: Although congratulations and Christmas wishes via email are widespread, the German etiquette of Duden points out that it depends on the occasion, the personal one Style and whether the good wishes should actually be sent by e-mail or in another form depends on the relationship between the sender and the recipient: the more important the occasion, the more appropriate a letter is for a card. However, if the interaction between the sender and recipient is usually quite informal, an e-mail is also possible.
It is also better not to exchange private content via e-mail: Postal or telecommunications secrecy applies here, just like with letters or telephone calls. However, the modern makes it Technology possible that the eMails can be read by unauthorized persons at any time while they are being sent or are in the inbox. So if you absolutely have to send private content by e-mail, you should at least encrypt it.
10 Kingge Rules: When are eMails appropriate and when not?
eMails are not always appropriate. We will show you when it is better to use other means of communication.
- Urgent things: When it comes to communicating urgent things, it is better to pick up the phone, because it can happen that the important e-mail does not arrive after all.
- Appointments: This also applies to arranging appointments: Instead of laboriously emailing back and forth five times, you can coordinate things much more efficiently on the phone. Exception: agreements with several people at the same time. If you don't have a conference call on the phone, you can go to crowds hereemails grab.
- Beware of criticism! Do not criticize others via email. Because the other person can't capture exactly what you mean by e-mail because there are no gestures or facial expressions. For the same reason, you shouldn't immediately click critical eMails reply. In any case, it is better to seek a personal conversation.
- Just no argument via email: E-mail disputes are even worse. Firstly, because you wrote something faster that you might not mean at all. And secondly, because e-mails usually sound even worse than they are meant to be. A harmless argument can quickly escalate.
- Personal – Attention boss reading along: Unencrypted eMails are like pieces of paper lying around openly: anyone can read them. Also the boss. Therefore, you should be careful with private content in the office.
- legal content: eMails have no probative value in court, because an e-mail can be manipulated later at any time without great effort. The sender is also not clearly recognizable. Therefore: Always sign legally important things and send them by post. Or provide the e-mail with a qualified electronic signature according to the signature law.
- delivery security: Sometimes it is also important that documents reach their destination on time and verifiably. You cannot prove this either when sending e-mails – even the electronic signature will not help you.
- Congratulations, Christmas greetings and condolences: That depends on the relationship you have with the recipient: the closer you are to the recipient, the more good wishes by e-mail are appropriate. But don't send it in bulk, it quickly looks clumsy. You should refrain from sending condolences by e-mail.
- Do not forward jokes and jokes: You should be particularly careful when forwarding Internet jokes to colleagues: You keep people from working and can quickly annoy their boss.
- Attention hoaxes: Even if virus warnings still sound dramatic: they are often false reports, so-called hoaxes, which only lead to an unnecessary increase in data garbage. So don't forward either.
Conclusion: That's why the timing is perfect eMail-Shipping so crucial
The Significance The importance of timing is further enhanced by the growing use of analytics and automation tools. Companies can do this with the help of these technologies Behavior analyze your target group in detail and automatically optimize the delivery times. The optimal timing of emails contributes to the efficiency and productivity of companies. Effective communication is a cornerstone of successful business relationships. Sending emails at the right time can increase the likelihood of decisions being made more quickly, deadlines being met, and overall smooth communication.
In summary, timing when sending emails goes far beyond just Planning of broadcast dates. It is a strategic approach that requires understanding individual habits, cultural differences and technological developments. Perfect timing can mean the difference between a missed email and a positive response. In a time when attention spans are tight and competition for it is limited awareness The receiver is large, the right timing becomes a crucial factor for success in the Welt of email communication.
Overall, perfect email timing is a dynamic process that requires continuous adjustments. It requires one Combination from data analysis, individual adaptation and a deep understanding of the target group. Companies that are able to time their email communications optimally have the opportunity to maximize the effectiveness of their campaigns and improve relationships with their customers customers to strengthen.
Top books on the subject
Read text as PDF
Acquire this text as a PDF (only for own use without passing it on according to Terms and conditions): Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de, we will then send the PDF to you immediately. You can also purchase text series.
Advice on success, goal achievement or marketing
Book eCourse on Demand
Up to 30 lessons with 4 learning tasks each + final lesson as a PDF download. Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de. Alternatively, we would be happy to put your course together for you or offer you a personal, regular one eMail-Course - all further information!
Skate eBook as desired
If our store does not offer you your desired topic: We will be happy to put together a book according to your wishes and deliver it in a format of yours Choice. Please sign us after purchase supportberufebilder.de