There are many original ones ideas with real potential that fizzled out. A lack of stamina and a lack of structure and planning are often the reasons.
- Ideas often fail because of their implementation
- With structured planning to success
- 7 Tips for Successful Foundation
- Top books on the subject
- Read text as PDF
- Advice on success, goal achievement or marketing
- Book eCourse on Demand
- Skate eBook as desired
Ideas often fail because of their implementation
The self-proclaimed start-up metropolis Berlin is, it sometimes seems to me, the city of 1.000 ideas, each one crazier than the next. You can meet people with big plans on every street corner. However, it often fails because of Implementation: After an idea has been talked about for hours and has been painted in the most glowing colors, someone asks the crucial question: “And what about that Financing out of?" Then suddenly there is silence, a shrug of the shoulders – and the good idea often comes to nothing.
This does not necessarily only refer to start-ups. But they are a good example of how important structured implementation is when you have a good idea. A Founder tells how he implemented his initially rather crazy idea step by step - and gives practical tips for a structured approach.
With structured planning to success
The books on the subject (advertising)
Denn Martin Klug was a pretty successful business consultant before deciding to swap the execution of bloodless projects for what he really stands for. While studying for an MBA in the Dutch city of Utrecht, he met his future partner, New Zealander Andrew Morten, in a pub.
And the two developed the idea with theirs Company TravelEssence to market individual travel to New Zealand and Australia. The fact that this became a successful company is largely due to the structured approach and willingness to implement, with which the two proceeded.
7 Tips for Successful Foundation
Martin has given me the basic tips that he wants to give founders and other ideas-makers on the way.
- Courage to dare something new. The basic idea seemed totally crazy at first: Both of them focused specifically on small accommodations, which, due to the lower capacities, can be marketed with much greater effort. For ecological reasons, however, they wanted to forego motorhome trips, even though the Netherlands is a classic market for motorhome trips and that is exactly what customers would expect. And Martin had never been to Australia or New Zealand before. So completely new territory, and yet the bar idea became a successful company, precisely because the two dared to go completely new ways.
- Focus on the essentials. The risk of participating in a young tourism startup was too great for potential investors. They wished "good luck, boys" and waved them off. Then the two considered what they really needed and started with 15.000 euros from their savings. Martin believes that as a founder you don't have to put unnecessary obstacles in your way: "Many founders think they have to clarify the financing first," he says. “But as a founder you often don't have that in your hand. So instead of making yourself so dependent on others in your decisions, you should rather concentrate on the actual foundation and how you implement your idea. ”
- Simple instead of complicated. “We were able to do many things ourselves and did not have to invest expensive,” says Martin. They also took their market research into their own hands by asking visitors at tourism trade fairs about their wishes and requirements for a trip. "The results confirmed that we were going to continue," Martin told me. "It doesn't always have to be the expensive study, market research in particular can often be done very well yourself."
- Keep going. The Netherlands is a classic market for motorhome travel. The potential customers did not want to understand that the company did not offer them. "We were asked about it again and again." At some point the two seriously considered giving up their stance, but then continued: "You can only sell what you are really convinced of," says Martin, but admits: "Of course, this includes a portion of blue eyes, because of course believed we in the quick success - MBA students. "
- Proceed with plan. The two founders also spent months thinking about their business plan. They asked, for example, why small accommodations had hardly been marketed so far and found that the organizers apparently lacked the right software for it. Therefore, they originally wanted to write the booking software for the systematic recording of small hotels. But when they researched their business plan, they found that they still exist - and so they quickly became tour operators. "A business plan is less important for the banks than for yourself," says Martin. "It is important that you write everything down, go through the whole foundation process in your mind and then consider:" Where do I want to go, what do I want to achieve - and what do I have to do about it? "
- Sense of reality. A healthy sense of reality is also important for successful implementation. You win it by getting feedback in good time “and not just from friends and family”, as Martin says. "Because they are either too benevolent or over-critical, but not neutral." He recommends telling people about the idea that you hardly know.
- Do not be afraid of the Idea-Klau. “You can't steal an idea, anyone can have it,” says Martin. What really matters is who ultimately implements an idea. Companies are also less interested in ideas than in implementation. Because this is the real challenge: “For an idea alone, no investor gives you money. Because investors want to see what I make of the idea - so a business plan makes sense. The pure idea, however, is worth nothing. And those who hold back their ideas for fear of the theft of ideas often don't even get into the start-up flow. ”
Top books on the subject
Discounts for your success (advertising)!
Read text as PDF
Acquire this text as a PDF (only for own use without passing it on according to Terms and conditions): Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de, we will then send the PDF to you immediately. You can also purchase text series.
Advice on success, goal achievement or marketing
You have Ask round to Jobs, Recruiting, personal development or increasing reach? Our AI consultant will help you for 5 euros a month – free for book buyers. We offer special ones for other topics IT services
Book eCourse on Demand
Up to 30 lessons with 4 learning tasks each + final lesson as a PDF download. Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de. Alternatively, we would be happy to put your course together for you or offer you a personal, regular one eMail-Course - all further information!
Skate eBook as desired
If our store does not offer you your desired topic: We will be happy to put together a book according to your wishes and deliver it in a format of yours Choice. Please sign us after purchase supportberufebilder.de