Many Company have Anxiety, their good Employees to the competition verlieren. But that doesn't have to be the case if companies offer new opportunities within the company to those who are willing to change jobs.
- In-house job change: that's what matters
- Analyze reasons for the change request - 3 steps
- Under these circumstances, a change of job within the company offers itself - 3 reasons
- With the right approach to the new job - 3 steps
- Skillfully highlight contacts and successes in the company
- References and successful projects from your own company are the best recommendation
- Top of the page: How to best inaugurate the manager in the future planning
- This is how the start in the new position succeeds
- First steps in the new job
- Top books on the subject
- Read text as PDF
- Advice on success, goal achievement or marketing
- Book eCourse on Demand
- Skate eBook as desired
In-house job change: that's what matters
After all, even the current employer can create exciting jobs. But under what circumstances should an in-house job change be considered at all?
Analyze reasons for the change request - 3 steps
The books on the subject (advertising)
If the employee is very dissatisfied with their current position, a step-by-step analysis should be carried out as to why this is the case and whether an internal job change is necessary useful could be.
- Why does the current position no longer meet the requirements: Before an application for another position in the company is submitted, it should be carefully considered why the previous position no longer meets the requirements of the dream job and why a change is being considered.
- What advantages and disadvantages do the respective jobs offer? For this purpose, the advantages and disadvantages of the current position, as well as the desired new position must be weighed. It should also take into account how the respective activity affects professional and personal development.
- What are the goals? Depending on the aspired career goal, it must be reflected on which challenges the jobs entail and which tasks are more fun in the long term. Often, after a certain amount of time, in the same place, routines creep in that may make everyday life less exciting. However, it must be kept in mind that routine tasks must occur sooner or later in each job and that the work involved must be considered as a whole and in the longer term.
Under these circumstances, a change of job within the company offers itself - 3 reasons
- Reasons to move to another company: If job dissatisfaction or experience in a new environment is desired, it may be better to switch to another company that has a certain "reboot potential".
- Reasons for the internal change: On the other hand, if the atmosphere at work is valued and the values and corporate culture are in line with personal interests and ideas, then an internal change is a good opportunity. Here, one's own career horizon can be broadened, and at the same time it is clear which direction the company and the company are heading Thus, the workplace situation will evolve.
- Reasons for the employer to prefer an internal change: In addition, both employers and employees benefit from the sometimes shorter training period, since the basic processes, structures and processes in the company are already known.
With the right approach to the new job - 3 steps
Discounts for your success (advertising)!
falls decision in favor of a job change and the advertised position in the company corresponds to the ideas and expectations of the future career Future, should at the Application be proceeded strategically.
- Internal application not too easy to tackle: When it comes to internal applications, many people tend to be too relaxed about them and overestimate the reputation of their own performance in the company. What is important here, however, is that it is an official call for tenders, which should be answered with an equally formal and correct application. This means that a classic application including CV and letter of motivation must be submitted. In the process, particular emphasis should be placed on a concrete description of the change request and reference to the new position.
- Compile information about application documents: Ideally, the candidate also informs in advance about desired additional documents, which could be of interest, for example, in the form of evidence of specific further education. In addition, if necessary, a preliminary discussion with the responsible team leader can be held in order to get a more detailed idea about the position and to prepare for the application in the best possible way. Also in a job interview any existing collegial relationships should be hidden and formally-discretely spoken about the suitability for the desired position.
- Tasks and objectives of the desired position always in view: Throughout the application process, it is important to get a clear picture of the tasks and goals of the respective positions - through research and discussions with those responsible. Then it is also possible to communicate clearly why the desired position at the time of the change in the professional profile and the desired position fits with your own qualifications and career goals. At the same time, one's own motivation for the new position should be clearly stated. This makes it clear that they have already actively engaged with the new position and why this position is sought.
Skillfully highlight contacts and successes in the company
The fact that internal Candidate already know the corporate culture and many employees can be skillfully used to advantage. It is a good idea to find out about the work of potential new teammates and, if possible, to make contacts in advance.
This makes it possible to find out what is particularly important in everyday work, which helps to determine personal suitability for this Conversation to let flow in. However, it is important that only actual facts are taken into account and that no rumors about the department are included in the judgment.
References and successful projects from your own company are the best recommendation
In addition, it is advantageous if references for successes and successful projects in the company can be proven - under no circumstances can it be assumed that other employees know which processes have been involved and which services have been performed so far. Agreements among colleagues should generally not be underestimated, as the potential new colleagues in particular stand up for an employee who is Team fits.
It is therefore even better if employees from different departments have already worked together on an interdisciplinary basis and if advocates can even be found who support their work product let flow in. This is all the more important because of the extremely excessive self-presentation and exaggeratedly positive performances from the past within the company light can be reconstructed and cast doubt on the applicant's authenticity. Therefore, you should report on past experiences in the company in a verifiable and comprehensible manner, which in turn show a clear connection to the new position.
Top of the page: How to best inaugurate the manager in the future planning
Probably the most difficult step is the point in time at which your own manager finds out about the application for another position. However, it is important in any case that the manager learns the news directly. Above all, it is important to name constructive and understandable reasons for the potential change. In an open conversation, even clear how past work is valued and has contributed to one's own development, which also shows loyalty to the company.
Ideally, the previous post will also be presented in conversation with the potential new manager and human resources department as a "stepping stone" that has enabled optimal preparation for the new tasks. This makes it clear that there is serious interest in the job. At the same time, there is an appreciative talk about the work so far, which in no way puts the relationship with colleagues in a bad light.
This is how the start in the new position succeeds
It's done, the Candidate or the candidate has prevailed over the competition and got the job. The main thing now is to create a clean transition from the old to the new position. This primarily includes, if necessary, the induction of the successor in the former position or a summary of the most important processes and tasks of the job in the form of a detailed document.
Above all, it is important to remain committed until the end of the previous activity and to maintain good cooperation with colleagues. This is all the more important in the case of an internal change, as it may continue to involve cross-departmental and interdisciplinary cooperation.
First steps in the new job
In the first few days of your new job, you should start with an open mind, despite any previous knowledge: This includes introducing yourself to your new colleagues, even if you may have already greeted each other in the hallway. Even a small start is always well received, and a large meal does not have to be organized directly, it is perfectly sufficient if we eat cake together or meet colleagues for a drink after work. Finally, in the first few weeks, it should always be considered that although the company is still the same, the job is still a completely new experience and therefore also Ask and misunderstandings are possible and even part of it.
And if the change does not succeed despite all efforts, this is not the end of the world! Even if it is difficult, the rejection should not be taken personally and no blame should be placed. There are many reasons for a rejection, all of which are part of a normal application process and should therefore not cause a bad mood towards the company. Unless you look at self-expression Honestly and authentic was, does not constitute a rejection Problem for further work in the previous job.
Top books on the subject
Read text as PDF
Acquire this text as a PDF (only for own use without passing it on according to Terms and conditions): Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de, we will then send the PDF to you immediately. You can also purchase text series.
Advice on success, goal achievement or marketing
Do you have questions about careers, Recruiting, personal development or increasing reach? Our AI consultant will help you for 5 euros a month – free for book buyers. We offer special ones for other topics IT services
Book eCourse on Demand
Up to 30 lessons with 4 learning tasks each + final lesson as a PDF download. Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de. Alternatively, we would be happy to put your course together for you or offer you a personal, regular one eMail-Course - all further information!
Skate eBook as desired
If our store does not offer you your desired topic: We will be happy to put together a book according to your wishes and deliver it in a format of yours Choice. Please sign us after purchase supportberufebilder.de