well informed Employees are more motivated than others, but how do you reach those who are less involved? People? The lean method can do that Communication on the intranet and increase customer satisfaction. But some have to Basics to be fulfilled Boy how to persuade older employees to exchange ideas.
- People are at different frequencies
- How the social intranet can help
- The generation air must be overcome
- What is the Lean Method?
- How does “lean” help a successful social intranet?
- Two birds with one stone
- 5 Tips for activating employees all generations
- Top books on the subject
- Read text as PDF
- Book eCourse on Demand
- Skate eBook as desired
- Corporate publishing and advice
People are at different frequencies
How can people with something simple like communication - two parties talking on the same channel - struggle so hard? Company actually often experience this as a big thing Problem. People are on different frequencies. They speak to each other, but do not hear each other. This of course creates disadvantages, not least for the customers.
The Solution the social intranet is supposed to be for this problem. An intuitive platform where all colleagues find themselves regardless of department, location, expertise or level, and where sharing, liking, reacting, adding and adapting are the most common World at a hunt.
Studies * have shown that for companies with social intranet, approximately 92 percent of employees have access to this digital workspace. The problem obviously is not in the access, but in the use!
Many employees experience their social intranet as a mere addition to the normal workspace, not as a necessity. Very often still becomes eMail as the best tool for sharing information and Reset held. But not everyone thinks that way.
The generation air must be overcome
eMail is and remains a popular means of sharing information, but its popularity and usage is shifting with respect to the generation: it is mainly the older employees (55 +) who are on eMails hold. Younger people, on the other hand, are often annoyed by the eMail-tide and feel more comfortable with modern, social channels like WhatsApp.
So there is still sufficient communication, only this happens through different channels. If both groups adhere to their own vision and preference, they never get together on the social intranet. Something has to change, but what? And how? To get ahead, we use the Lean method.
What is the Lean Method?
A common but incorrect assumption is that “lean” only refers to improving production processes. In fact, this philosophy has its origins in the works of the Japanese car manufacturer Toyota. But it contains much more. Lean draws on a process that is of utmost importance for every company: the ever-changing one needs of the customer.
Lean offers itself as a method to prepare people for the challenge of constantly changing customer needs: how can we offer our services in a targeted and efficient manner? Optimal communication is essential for this. This shows the connection between lean and social intranet: Communication - also in the intranet - must be effective and efficient and, above all, focus on that Objective focus: the successful projects and the provision of the requirements on the part of the customers.
According to Frits de Vries, a “lean intranet” can be achieved Founder and managing director of LeanENT, in four steps:
- Create awareness. Do not hide problems but reveal them.
- Overcome paradigms. Change means resistance. But when paradigms are broken through, there is innovation and dynamism.
- Action. All theory does not help, the new corporate culture has to be lived and lived. Give time, but stay tuned!
- Improvement. Learning, evaluating and improving together.
Two birds with one stone
In this way, the Lean method literally kills two birds with one stone: it increases the efficiency of the exchange and thereby the flexibility that a company needs to meet customers satisfied to be able to ask. This does not mean that the company has to change all of the processes directly.
Some simple Regulate can already help very effectively to convert the social intranet to lean and thus pave the way. The following five tips should help to use a social intranet in such a way that employees of all generations participate and efficient initiate processes.
5 Tips for activating employees all generations
- To give an introduction: In a statement or introductory course, explain why and what the social intranet is intended for. Only if the employees recognize the benefits and know exactly what they can and should do (and what they shouldn't) on the intranet can they apply it correctly. This also prevents the platform from being “misused” for irrelevant information.
- Manage the exchange: Determine which information is really necessary and which only distracts from the goal (customer satisfaction). A community manager can support the users and inform them if they do not use the intranet effectively. The removal of outdated information is also part of this, because only in this way does the social intranet remain tidy, clear and relevant.
- Ensure a flat hierarchy: Remove all barriers that could prevent people from getting in touch with each other. A lean intranet does not follow the hierarchy of the organization, but offers employees of all departments and levels the chance to read, provide information, and provide feedback.
- Create timeliness: New versions of documents should always be added directly, but also marked as such, so that nobody has to question the timeliness of information. Files and discussions that are no longer relevant should be archived. Thus, they remain preserved but do not burden the clarity and ease of use.
- As simple and easy to use as possible: For information to be really easy to find, you should introduce a categorization. This may relate to the project, the topic, the customer or the department. Of course, the user-friendly search function is also included. In addition, a simple and logical navigation menu.
Just start! No matter how many tips you take with you, the most important step is and remains: just do it! Is the Structure well prepared, invite the employees and start uploading documents and engaging with each other. It doesn't matter whether an older or younger employee takes the first step! As soon as one has started, the social intranet as a new one Workplace to implement, the others will automatically join in.
Source: Entopic Intranet Monitor 2014
Top books on the subject
Read text as PDF
Acquire this text as a PDF (only for own use without passing it on according to Terms & Conditions): Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de, we will then send the PDF to you immediately. You can also purchase text series.
Book eCourse on Demand
Up to 30 lessons with 4 learning tasks each + final lesson as a PDF download. Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de. Alternatively, we would be happy to put your course together for you or offer you a personal, regular one eMail-Course - all further information!
Skate eBook as desired
If our store does not offer you your desired topic: We will be happy to put together a book according to your wishes and deliver it in a format of yours Wahl. Please sign us after purchase supportberufebilder.de
Corporate publishing and advice
You want to publish, increase your reach or as an employer Candidate speak to? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).
Post a Comment