- What does good leadership look like?
- What makes Situative leadership?
- Situative guidance offers guidance at three different levels:
- What is hidden behind situational leadership?
- Top books on the subject
- Read text as PDF
- Advice on success, goal achievement or marketing
- Book eCourse on Demand
- Skate eBook as desired
What does good leadership look like?
Only then does leadership unfold positive Effect, if it is accepted and professional. Become People in organizations appropriate to the situation and appropriate to their respective strengths, they can achieve top performance.
This is where development-oriented, situational leadership comes into play: Tailored to the employee, to his Expertise related to the task and situation. You lead the same employee according to his or her level of maturity for a specific task - for task A, carry out and prepare market analysis for the US market, unlike for task B, continuation of the China market radar.
What makes Situative leadership?
The employee must be able to understand the different management approaches rationally and accept them emotionally. In other words, when your employee realizes why he is being led in a certain way on a specific task, a feeling of consistency can emerge within a leadership relationship.
Because there is no such thing as the right management approach or management style that is always valid, but only the right management for a specific employee in relation to a specific task in a specific situation (the one at hand here Method uses the terms leadership approach and leadership style synonymously).
Speeches and actions in the leadership are then congruent. In this respect, there is a chance that your employees will be happier with their leadership - with all the positive effects such as: Low sick leave, no demotivation and higher employee satisfaction. Of course, the way to get there is not linear, there can be grinding and regression: Professional leadership is continuous work.
Situative guidance offers guidance at three different levels:
- the question as to which management approaches exist in practice and how these are to be understood
- When asked which management style is the right one for which particular employee and which specific task
- How to proceed to introduce and anchor situational leadership in your team.
The method is suitable for anyone who is in a Organization leads people and wants to improve his leadership style. Be it as a direct supervisor or as a project manager. You do not need any special previous knowledge for this.
It is important that you have an idea of which ones Tasks and Set have the people to guide you. All you need is yours Head and two hours - and you must be willing to discuss and apply situational leadership with your employees.
What is hidden behind situational leadership?
Management or management can be learned. The two terms are used synonymously. Situative leadership is a method by which the management task can be implemented by people.
But: Situative leadership is good-if only - when it is effective. Effectiveness means the interplay of effectiveness and efficiency in line with one of the founders of modern management, Peter Drucker. In this order:
- Effectiveness means to do the right thing: But what is right for your team or organizational unit? You need to know what each employee is doing and what goals they are pursuing. And above all, whether these are also your goals. Only when the question about the goal has been answered does it make sense to deal with the following question.
- Efficiency means doing something right: But how do you do the right thing - without spending unnecessarily much energy, money and time? For example, if it is my goal to travel from Nuremberg to Munich without great effort, the choice between helicopter, airplane, bicycle and train is probably the most efficient means of transport, considering cost-benefit aspects.
- Contradictions between alleged and real leadership behavior: are one of the most common causes of stress in the individual leadership-employee relationship. If the intentional and actual behavioral behavior is very different, this can strongly demotivate employees. In order to lead effectively, it needs the unity of word (So we want to lead) and deed (So we actually do).
In order to be effective, different approaches are needed. The management approach depends on the degree of maturity of the employee for a specific task.
Effective leadership depends on how well the management approach and the degree of development of the employee concerned, in terms of task and situation, harmonize. It is important that an employee can have completely different degrees of maturity in different tasks and in different situations.
Top books on the subject
Read text as PDF
Acquire this text as a PDF (only for own use without passing it on according to Terms and conditions): Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de, we will then send the PDF to you immediately. You can also purchase text series.
Advice on success, goal achievement or marketing
Book eCourse on Demand
Up to 30 lessons with 4 learning tasks each + final lesson as a PDF download. Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de. Alternatively, we would be happy to put your course together for you or offer you a personal, regular one eMail-Course - all further information!
Skate eBook as desired
If our store does not offer you your desired topic: We will be happy to put together a book according to your wishes and deliver it in a format of yours Choice. Please sign us after purchase supportberufebilder.de