For the Job Search continues to be one of the most important Methods, yes will in times of job referrals through Employees increasingly important: the personal one product of the Candidate, which for employers is a very important indicator of its quality.
- Without a personal recommendation, it is not
- Your own reputation in the net
- Use online job exchanges correctly
- Special job exchanges: increasingly important for graduates
- How some applicants throw themselves out of the race via Google
- 12 tips on what you can do to improve your online reputation
- Top books on the subject
- Read text as PDF
- Book eCourse on Demand
- Skate eBook as desired
- Corporate publishing and advice
Without a personal recommendation, it is not
If your own employee hires a new Candidates recommends, this is based on a special relationship of trust. You automatically benefit from this as an applicant.
It is therefore advisable to always tell friends and acquaintances when you are looking for a job. Because even if social networks, Online-Job exchanges and Co. offer many opportunities, a personal Conversation sometimes say more than a thousand typed words.
Your own reputation in the net
When looking for a job, you should always consider Eyes hold that too HR the Internet use to get information about applicants and increasingly also to search for suitable candidates.
For this reason it is advisable to keep an eye on the reputation of the company - the so-called online reputation. This means that one not only avoids publishing unwanted or too private information on the Internet, but also deliberately places references.
The starting point here is the professional profile in the Business-Network. From there you can set links to reference sites, such as the homepage of associations or initiatives you belong to, or your own blog.
You can also link your published presentations and study papers. In this way, you give the potential employer a good overview of the services you have already provided and your own Engagement.
Use online job exchanges correctly
In addition to positioning oneself on the web, there is usually no avoiding active searches via online job portals. The Problem: in Germany alone there are thousands of them on the internet. It's difficult to keep track of things.
In principle, a distinction is made between generalists who offer all kinds of vacancies, job metasearch engines that collect job offers from all job exchanges, and special job exchanges that focus on a specific target group focus. According to the Crosspro-Research-User Survey the latter are increasingly gaining not only for university graduates Significance.
Special job exchanges: increasingly important for graduates
The advantage: Only job offers that are for a specific job are published in a special job exchange Industry or target group, for example university graduates, are relevant. Many job seekers therefore give them the larger one Expertise when it comes to finding a suitable job.
More and more Company take advantage of this to target suitable candidates in a very targeted manner - without wastage. For the job seeker, this has the great advantage that you can find high-quality and above all suitable job offers and not lose track in the chaos of the offers.
How some applicants throw themselves out of the race via Google
Especially in times of tight jobs, it is important with his Application to make the best possible impression. But then who in job interview is asked if he likes to drink when he's thirsty for sure be that he just didn't succeed: It's much more likely that the HR manager found the pictures from the last party on the internet. A faux pas that is avoidable.
It can be more than embarrassing when you're suddenly being asked about old photos or network posts at the interview. Because the reputation is damaged first, it is difficult to iron it again. Therefore, one should actively take care of his online reputation in good time.
12 tips on what you can do to improve your online reputation
Look for entries about yourself: You should know what you can find on the net about you .. Use Yahoo and Google and people search engines.
- Stay up-to-date all the time: two minutes a day is enough - ask about your online image as often as your private one eMailget s. If you have set up a “personal Internet news service” at Google Alerts, this will be done automatically via anyway eMail.
- Create your own content: Even if you can not always prevent negative content - with your own content you make sure that only positive things about you appear on the first search pages on Google.
- Operate Search Engine Optimization: Make Sure You're Found - Professionals Call It Search Engine Optimization (SEO Search Engine Optimization).
- Your own domain pays off: Important for findability in search engines: Get your name online - with a homepage that bears your name (.com, .net, .eu, etc.).
- Create as many profiles as possible: Create as many profiles in social networks as Xing, Facebook and Co. as possible and network them with each other. Of course, this should only contain information that you want to find. Therefore, under no circumstances should you create more profiles than can help you.
- Own blogs or homepages are better: Studies show that the best and most effective image maintenance in the network is operated with its own Internet presence (homepage / blog).
- Blogs - the best image maintenance: Search engines love blogs - the more often you update your Internet presence or write new entries in connection with your name, the sooner your page will be at the top of the search results.
- Posts in other blogs: Sometimes it is enough to be specifically interviewed by bloggers or journalists or leave good comments in blogs. Guest contributions in a renowned blog can also help.
- No ostrich policy: Avoid the “ostrich policy”. Whoever does nothing and does not communicate leaves the field to others.
- Acting in time: If you only become active when you notice that there are unwelcome content circulating on the internet, that is too late, because image cultivation first has to be laboriously built up.
- Have unfortunate data deleted: If you discover unwelcome information about yourself on third-party websites, you can ask the operator for deletion. However, you usually do not have a legal handle. If your image problem gets out of hand and you can no longer cope with it as an individual, do not be shy away from going to professionals. There are so-called Reputation Defenders that help restore your reputation.
Top books on the subject
Read text as PDF
Acquire this text as a PDF (only for own use without passing it on according to Terms & Conditions): Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de, we will then send the PDF to you immediately. You can also purchase text series.
Book eCourse on Demand
Up to 30 lessons with 4 learning tasks each + final lesson as a PDF download. Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de. Alternatively, we would be happy to put your course together for you or offer you a personal, regular one eMail-Course - all further information!
Skate eBook as desired
If our store does not offer you your desired topic: We will be happy to put together a book according to your wishes and deliver it in a format of yours Wahl. Please sign us after purchase supportberufebilder.de
Corporate publishing and advice
Do you want to publish, increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? We offer specials for these and other topics Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).
Post a Comment