Xing, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Snapchat – social networks are from ours Everyday life indispensable. They are big time wasters, but at the same time they can be incredibly useful for the Job. 10 tips for using social media effectively.
A customer recently asked me if she could still afford not to be represented on all social networks. The question always amazes me, because social networks are excellent for building a professional network, for professional exchange and ultimately even for Job Search use.
However, if you create a profile in every network and hope that your dream employer will drop by, you will have an effect fast aimless and disinterested. If you want to use social networks properly, you have to communicate! So posts draw up, make recommendations, interested Ask . provide Networking means approaching and responding to other people.
The time-eaters are the others
This is the only way to get to know employers at all. And that costs time. For a professional use one should spend one hour a day for each network.
The biggest time wasters on the net are other people's news - freely according to Sartre's "Hell is the others." In fact, it takes the most time to read the target group, identify trends and topics and monitor friends / followers / contacts etc.
Setting priorities is important
That’s going to be fast clearthat one cannot serve all networks as an individual. What helps: Select. Because each one is different. Xing and LinkedIn are examples Business-Networks and for professional Appear designed. technicalebook and Twitter are more of a private nature, but are now also used by many for work.
But: Anyone who obsessively tries to squeeze comments into 140 characters on Twitter in order to come across as casual is just as implausible as someone who is serious at all costs on Xing act want. Or to put it another way: The network has to be closed Personality and target group fit. Better not to be there at all than only half-heartedly!
10 Tips: How to Use Social Networks Efficiently in the Job?
Social networks are big time-eaters: 10 tips, how they nevertheless efficiently use them.
- What do you want? First, consider who you want to reach with which network and which strategy you can use.
- For whom is which network interesting? For creative and technical professions, Instagram and Snapchat offer more opportunities, while conservative industries tend to use Xing and more recently LinkedIn.
- What are potential employers doing? Are there companies you would like to work for in this network? Then you should also be there and try to establish contact.
- Use social networks to gather information: You can collect a lot of information about potential employers in the social web, eg How open is the company, how do you deal with criticism, how do people think?
- Use social networks to draw attention to yourself: those who only consume are not perceived. Therefore, you need to be constantly active in order to draw your attention: Spread interesting information, link it to your own blog contributions, ask questions, interact with companies in dialogue.
- Authenticity is key: Social networks are about showing others who you are: so always be authentic and personal.
- Beware of loss of image: Even when it comes to authenticity: Always look at your statements from the perspective of potential employers - company gossip or anger about the former boss has no place on the Internet.
- Find interesting people: Do not just look for your dream companies, but interesting people and find out who they are. So you might bump into potential employers you did not know existed.
- Make use of the profiles: Take advantage of the possibilities to create a brief, meaningful biography to record just the most important about yourself, so that professional contacts are always up to date.
- Also referencing the personal XING, LinkedIn profile or blog is useful for employers to know where to find more information.
Top books on the subject
Read text as PDF
Acquire this text as a PDF (only for own use without passing it on according to Terms & Conditions): Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de, we will then send the PDF to you immediately. You can also purchase text series.
Book eCourse on Demand
Up to 30 lessons with 4 learning tasks each + final lesson as a PDF download. Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de. Alternatively, we would be happy to put your course together for you or offer you a personal, regular one eMail-Course - all further information!
Skate eBook as desired
If our store does not offer you your desired topic: We will be happy to put together a book according to your wishes and deliver it in a format of yours Wahl. Please sign us after purchase supportberufebilder.de
Corporate publishing and advice
You want to publish, increase your reach or as an employer Candidate speak to? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).
Post a Comment