The bad news first: No job is real for sure. Globalization, job cuts, digitization, climate change - there are many crises that threaten jobs. But the constant turning in the hamster wheel is the wrong way.
- Hamster Wheel of Job Fear or New Productivity?
- Beware of the fallacy: more work does not mean more performance
- The fear of the big mistake
- 12 tips for securing jobs in a crisis
- Top books on the subject
- Read text as PDF
- Advice on success, goal achievement or marketing
- Book eCourse on Demand
- Skate eBook as desired
Hamster Wheel of Job Fear or New Productivity?
Especially in times of crisis, the jobAnxiety around and many workers are concerned about how safe you are Workplace is. Quite a few then even try twice to keep their job. But there are better ways to secure a job Methodsthan to work till you drop.
Because there is no question that the pressure that employees are often under can unleash unimagined productive forces. Nevertheless, in the long run it is of little use to always give 110 percent. Job anxiety can lead to better results in the short term. But if you are constantly under pressure, you only overwhelm yourself and lose because of it Stress the Motivation for his work.
Beware of the fallacy: more work does not mean more performance
The books on the subject (advertising)
The result: Even if you continue to try to force yourself to perform at your best, it will hardly work because you have long since resigned internally. And the likelihood of making mistakes also increases over time, because increased stress leads to inattention.
Another one Problem: Many People equate higher workload with better performance. However, this is a mistake with serious consequences: because, paradoxically, those who are under pressure often fill their time with blind people actionism such as making phone calls, playing around with the computer or carrying documents back and forth.
The fear of the big mistake
Behind it is the fear, with the really important ones Tasks making a mistake that could cost you your job. That's why people like to put off important things and decisions until it's too late. This Behavior is, however, not very productive and is also used in Executive certainly not to be applauded.
After all, many employees who dutifully try to please their boss are not aware of the signal they are sending out: Because anyone who is willing to do any task out of fear for their job is only demonstrating that they are not even for competently enough holds. Even stress and hectic have little effect sovereign. Studies show that a certain level of calm is definitely more professional.
12 tips for securing jobs in a crisis
Discounts for your success (advertising)!
Instead of working until you drop, you should stick to the following Strategies keep to secure their job permanently.
- Productivity instead of actionism: It doesn't matter how long you work, but that you do the right thing. So set priorities and, above all, do the important tasks instead of worrying about the little things. Those who work in an organized way can also score points with the boss.
- Dealing with mistakes constructively: Don't be angry about mistakes, but think about what you could do better next time. This also shows bosses and colleagues that you are ready to learn from your mistakes. That looks sovereign.
- Being nice to others - good for networking: Stress makes you unkind to coworkers. But when your own job is on the brink, a stable network in the company and good contact with colleagues can tip the scales.
- Communication is everything: Stay up to date on what's happening in the company: talk to colleagues in the hallway, in the canteen, at the copier. Participate in the small talk, but never in the gossip! In this way you stay up to date and are perceived positively.
- Increase awareness in the company: Studies show: When it comes to job success, only 10% depends on performance, but 60% depends on the boss perceiving you positively. So instead of taking on the mountain of work in the office, you should speak up more often in meetings, declare yourself ready for presentations and otherwise do public relations work on your own behalf. That works wonders.
- Solve problems: Show initiative, make decisions, and solve problems. Of course, this only works if you don't fearfully postpone it, but tackle things vigorously.
- Know what your boss wants: Read what your boss wants before he even says it. For example, by also paying attention to the small subordinate clauses such as “Actually, I would like to ..”. This shows that you are particularly committed.
- Score with competence: Good employees are less likely to be laid off because the company considers them irreplaceable. You should therefore regularly demonstrate your skills.
- Stay consistent: Research shows: Anyone who does everything the boss wants is quickly perceived as someone who is desperate and ready for anything. If, on the other hand, you consistently say “no” and justify that with good arguments, you are signaling your competence.
- Stay calm: Even those who are constantly stressed do not seem confident but rather fearful. And if you are afraid, your boss suspects that you have a lack of competence. So serenity is only good for the job.
- Switch off the worries: Worrying about your job all the time is understandable, but it is of little use, because if you ponder too long, you turn small problems into catastrophes unnecessarily. Better: just switch off from time to time. This also makes you look more relaxed on the outside.
- Think optimistically: Don't always assume what bad could happen, because fear deprives you of any motivation. Better: if you see things positively, then approach the tasks with corresponding enthusiasm.
Top books on the subject
Read text as PDF
Acquire this text as a PDF (only for own use without passing it on according to Terms and conditions): Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de, we will then send the PDF to you immediately. You can also purchase text series.
Advice on success, goal achievement or marketing
Book eCourse on Demand
Up to 30 lessons with 4 learning tasks each + final lesson as a PDF download. Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de. Alternatively, we would be happy to put your course together for you or offer you a personal, regular one eMail-Course - all further information!
Skate eBook as desired
If our store does not offer you your desired topic: We will be happy to put together a book according to your wishes and deliver it in a format of yours Choice. Please sign us after purchase supportberufebilder.de