- The old antithesis of good and evil!
- Rhetoric of political speech
- Stylistic overview: sharpening with antitheses
- To stimulate thinking with rhetorical questions
- Attracting attention with questions
- Top books on the subject
- Read text as PDF
- Advice on success, goal achievement or marketing
- Book eCourse on Demand
- Skate eBook as desired
The old antithesis of good and evil!
You already know that, too, because every action film can do it Style-Medium perfect: The contrast, also called antithesis in technical jargon, between opposites such as fast - slow, wasteful - profitable, complicated - simple etc. It even works cross-culturally.
The mode of action of the antithesis is: The dark anti-value makes my value shine even brighter. And the contrast ensures that the listener does not drift away mentally, but stays attentive to the point. Similarly stimulating act by the way, also purposefully used Ask. Both stylistic devices bring action into your speech.
Rhetoric of political speech
The books on the subject (advertising)
Even in politics, political speech and rhetoric, the antithesis, the contrast of one of the most popular stylistic devices, is the voters 'and listeners' favor: right - left, up - down, black - white, light - dark.
But the antithesis can also be used effectively in an economic context forms: fast - slow, wasteful - profitable, complicated - simple etc. Very archaic ones are served Pattern: Every successful film, every exciting novel, but also every stirring speech thrives on the contrast between good and evil. So a real highlight.
Stylistic overview: sharpening with antitheses
The antithesis can also be increased by the fact that the anti-value is disproved in the argument by my thesis (concessio, prolepsis), or even ridiculed as with the irony.
Here are some stylistic devices of the rhetorical antithesis at a glance:
- Antithesis: Parallel in sentence construction / contrary in content. Value and anti-value in one sentence Avoid sponges - speaks plain text. polarized; shows light and shadow sides and generates a voltage. Helps to make decisions.
- Limbic Keywords: Limbic values and limbic anti- values of the counterpart explicitly. Link your own solution with limbic values, the actual state or the solution of the competitor with antivirus.
- Irony: The irony expresses the opposite of what the speaker really wants to say. Refer humorously to the shadows (hell).
- Concessio: Translucent permit. Apparently grant the opposing argument. Takes the wind from the sails. Is credible and generates trust.
- prolepsis: Proper anticipation. They name and invalidate possible objections during the presentation. Then comes a surprising twist in the argumentation in your favor. This has the advantage that you are able to defy objections well in the preparation well and effectively.
To stimulate thinking with rhetorical questions
Discounts for your success (advertising)!
But questions also bring action in yours Lecture – one should simply not underestimate their great effect. Because questions stimulate thought and initiate targeted interactions. With questions you can draw yours in no time Audience from his World into yours – and so bring him yours message vicinity.
But questions make your audience, your listeners, more curious. More ideas, more inspiration, more answers. With questions, you can create a suspense for the answer/Solution build up if you don't answer them right away.
Attracting attention with questions
Compared to assertions, questions have the great advantage that they get the attention switch in the Brain of the listener to “on”. Questions are persuasive because they create less pressure than assertions.
Because pressure creates back pressure, questions decreases the resistance in the audience against your position. Instead, listeners are encouraged to think. Here are two examples:
- Rhetorical question: Suggestive sham question. They get a “yes” (approval) or a “no” (rejection of the opposite position) from the audience and are an important step in the persuasion process.
- Direct questions to the audience / to the interlocutor: Exchange and interaction with the audience. To be on the right track with his arguments.
Top books on the subject
Read text as PDF
Acquire this text as a PDF (only for own use without passing it on according to Terms and conditions): Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de, we will then send the PDF to you immediately. You can also purchase text series.
Advice on success, goal achievement or marketing
Do you have questions about careers, Recruiting, personal development or increasing reach? Our AIAdviser helps you for 5 euros a month – free for book buyers. We offer special ones for other topics IT services
Book eCourse on Demand
Up to 30 lessons with 4 learning tasks each + final lesson as a PDF download. Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de. Alternatively, we would be happy to put your course together for you or offer you a personal, regular one eMail-Course - all further information!
Skate eBook as desired
If our store does not offer you your desired topic: We will be happy to put together a book according to your wishes and deliver it in a format of yours Choice. Please sign us after purchase supportberufebilder.de