Speaking and presenting well to be heard is for many People an important part of everyday working life. But there is a big difference between talking and actually being heard. How is your own message actually received?
- Presentations and lectures: The effect is important
- Rhetoric tricks: reinforce core messages
- Embossing with repetitions
- Increase the ability to memorize rhythm
- Threes and Styles
- Conclusion: Rhetoric helps to be heard
- Top books on the subject
- Read text as PDF
- Advice on success, goal achievement or marketing
- Book eCourse on Demand
- Skate eBook as desired
Presentations and lectures: The effect is important
Not every speech, every presentation, or everyone Lecture are actually heard, understood and absorbed by readers. In order for your own message to really reach the audience as desired, numerous conditions must be met.
What helps, for example, to "get messages across" better are so-called amplifiers: There are some stylistic and rhetorical ones Methods, which contribute to the fact that lectures and presentations are even more noticed. What exactly do these amplifiers look like?
Rhetoric tricks: reinforce core messages
The books on the subject (advertising)
In the following, I introduce you to rhetorical principles, the rhetorical trick, if you will, the stylistic reinforcement:
- come to a head,
- How can our core messages and their emotional staging be strengthened?
- What are the principles behind this reinforcement?
- Which controllers are there, how do they work and do they work?
Embossing with repetitions
Repeats make a contribution simple, credible and insistent. Repeats reduce the effort when listening. We delight the listeners, as they can follow the presentation without great effort. Without repetition, your content will not be so good. This is demonstrated by empirical studies on the learning and forgetting process.
Use repetitions on a small scale (key words) as well as on a large scale (central messages). Repetitions are the favorite tool in politics and advertising, are the simplest and at the same time most powerful principle of rhetoric, If something is repeated often enough, it will eventually be perceived as a fact.
Increase the ability to memorize rhythm
Discounts for your success (advertising)!
It is not for nothing that one says: The repetition is that Mother All things. So, repetition makes your message simple, believable, and powerful. Effective formulations have a catchy rhythm.
People realized early on that it was easier to remember something when it was rhythmic and passed on their experiences in poems and songs. So want your messages sustained anchor, rely on the power of rhythm.
Threes and Styles
You get a very nice rhythm through three steps. The number three is the magic number of rhetoric.
Also in the sentences you create messages with three-figure figures that are catchy and brain-friendly. Therefore, some stylistic elements can be found.
- Alliteration: Repetition of the first letter in several words. Concise, crisp and striking. Anaphora: repetition of one or more words at the beginning of consecutive sentences or phrases. Highlights important things; creates conciseness.
- Epipher: Repetition of one or more words at the end of consecutive sentences or phrases.
- Anadiplosis: The last words of the sentence are repeated again in the following sentence or subset. Your core message is much more coherent and logical.
- Parallelism: Two to three sentences or phrases are grammatically alike, only the content changes. As a result, our brain needs less energy. It facilitates the recognizability of the train of thought. Your core messages become more catchy, catchy and understandable.
- repetitio: Repetition of keywords, core sentences or central passages. It's best to repeat your core theses or limbic keywords.
- Trikolon: Words, sentences and elements are arranged in groups of three. Effectively and intelligently, as the figure is compatible with the memory performance.
Conclusion: Rhetoric helps to be heard
As you can see, there are a number of rhetorical devices that can help convey messages and Effect of presentations or lectures.
What other tools there are else, you will learn in the upcoming parts of this small art series.
Top books on the subject
Read text as PDF
Acquire this text as a PDF (only for own use without passing it on according to Terms and conditions): Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de, we will then send the PDF to you immediately. You can also purchase text series.
Advice on success, goal achievement or marketing
You have questions about Career, Recruiting, personal development or increasing reach? Our AI consultant will help you for 5 euros a month – free for book buyers. We offer special ones for other topics IT services
Book eCourse on Demand
Up to 30 lessons with 4 learning tasks each + final lesson as a PDF download. Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de. Alternatively, we would be happy to put your course together for you or offer you a personal, regular one eMail-Course - all further information!
Skate eBook as desired
If our store does not offer you your desired topic: We will be happy to put together a book according to your wishes and deliver it in a format of yours Choice. Please sign us after purchase supportberufebilder.de