A job advertisement works more than ever like a business card Company. In addition, it is similar to one Application to see. Yesterday's standards are usually not convincing anymore.
What is important?
It is important to stand out from the crowd and communicate distinctively in order to make an impression. Above all, it is about the first impression, which is known to count. A well thought-out job advertisement stays with the applicants Head and in the best case also leads to good applications.
The most important are clear understandable statements, free of general descriptions. The following criteria must be met:
- a clear, self-explanatory job title
- a clear description of the tasks, which conveys an exact picture of the future job - always with the aim of fetching the applicant in mind in advance of the application (keyword: involvement)
- a realistic profile that makes it clear what knockout criteria and what requirements are “nice to have” – it is particularly important here that companies and recruiters themselves are aware that the choice of words is crucial. There is a clear difference between "desirable" and "desirable".
12 tips for the perfect formulation of a job advertisement
Texts are craftsmanship and headache, so there is always a certain technical requirement. Therefore, for all formulations:
- The perfect position display is as short as possible and as long as necessary - depending on the medium
- Companies have to stand out from each other and avoid randomness
- The following triad has proved its worth so far, whereby the second and third point should complement each other: Who am I (as a company)? What do I offer (as a job)? Why should you decide (as an individual) for this job?
- What does the applicant have to work at XY? The offer to the applicant must be convincing and uniquely formulated.
- Creativity and language skills are required to stand out. Which company does not claim to be able to offer “an innovative company with a pleasant working atmosphere”? A lot can be done here, especially on the language level, and there is also the opportunity to stand out.
- (Eg unnecessary soft skills in the profile - better if at all necessary in the task description)
- The content of the text must be appropriate to the medium
- The medium and the way in which the content is consumed determine the form (eg Print vs. Desktop vs. Mobile - with digital content the SEO factor is always added)
- A good text that inspires the target group is not a matter of course. Too often the subject areas, which pretend the content, lack the view through the spectacles of the candidates (keyword: Candidate Experience)
- Even if the job advertisement is a "traditional" means, you have to keep up with the times with the formulations
- Anyone who is able to arouse honest interest with a job advertisement and to get the applicant to keep himself informed, for example through the company's career website, comes closer to his desired candidate.
- The aim is to meet the target groups and their needs. Choice of words, expression and style must fit. You have to deliver content that interests and inspires you.
Top books on the subject
Read text as PDF
Acquire this text as a PDF (only for own use without passing it on according to Terms & Conditions): Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de, we will then send the PDF to you immediately. You can also purchase text series.
Book eCourse on Demand
Up to 30 lessons with 4 learning tasks each + final lesson as a PDF download. Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de. Alternatively, we would be happy to put your course together for you or offer you a personal, regular one eMail-Course - all further information!
Skate eBook as desired
If our store does not offer you your desired topic: We will be happy to put together a book according to your wishes and deliver it in a format of yours Wahl. Please sign us after purchase supportberufebilder.de
Corporate publishing and advice
You want to publish, increase your reach or as an employer Candidate speak to? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).
Post a Comment