Learning in old age
Man never really stops learning. In the Volksmund, however, it quickly becomes clear that learning in old age is no longer as much as possible and efficient. This is a misconception. The reason why elderly people learn less often is much more in their motivation and their own attitude towards success. It is only from an age of approximately 70 years that concentration or hearing decreases significantly.
Depending on the age group, there are numerous opportunities for further education, to rekindle and exploit one's own potential. Depending on your own personal situation, there are various possibilities. A Further Training or retraining is often the case when, for health reasons, the profession can no longer be carried out at all times. Above all in handicraft industries, problems arise here. In addition, the desire for change, especially in the middle age, can stimulate stimuli and therefore offer further training in prospect.
Learning by age
- Until 25 years: Most of the time you are still in the middle of a study or collects the first years of practical experience after an education. Further education is offered in the form of a master's degree or more general courses for professional preparation. Through a fairly flexible way of life, the requirements are easier to control. The family and the local branch do not yet play an essential role.
- Between 25-35 years: The first years of practical training have already been completed and the main training has been completed. Now it is also possible to complete a Master's degree in full-time or in a professional way, in order to strengthen the professional expertise.
- Between 35-45 years: The family is becoming more and more important and first major purchases are made mostly. Personal obligations are all the more important. Their own parents reach a higher age and need the first care. Thus time is the rarest good in this age group and further education is not old so easy to integrate in everyday life. Possible seminars must be flexible and have an active character. Lectures, such as are common in the university, are more likely to be based on aversion. Seminars on stress management or on time management are available at this age level.
- Between 45-55 years: As a rule, their own children are firmly in the job and are no longer dependent on the help of their parents. It is possible to be close to the professional high point and have more time to reach specific qualifications. One can now take the step into management and should actively promote its performance motivation. With seminars on the development of leadership competencies, you can prepare yourself for specific positions and integrate them into everyday life. The already existing knowledge supports an increasingly positive, since one can define his own profile more and more and can prove a sure occurrence in all situations.
- From 55 years upwards: As a rule, one's own curiosity decreases and it is even more important to motivate oneself at a given age. Especially at larger companies, people at this age level are specifically promoted with seminars in order to consolidate the broad, accumulated experience. A possible further education just before the pension age should be more adapted to the needs of the individual. You could try yourself as a mentor to carry the collected knowledge to younger generations.
How to start?
Irrespective of age, further training is possible and always considered. In any case, an on-line search should be carried out for a possible qualification in order to clarify the most ambiguities. If, for example, it is a professional training course for a specific job, it can already be helpful to see the basic knowledge on the subject of online portals.
It doesn't always have to be completed training courses: You can also expand your own knowledge digitally and on your own with a wide range of courses. When it comes to special seminars to develop key skills, possible conditions should be clarified with the employer. Mostly one is dependent on the courtesy of the employer, regardless of whether for time or financial reasons. Nonetheless, further training is always worthwhile and should not be avoided in old age.
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourse on demand or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save). Or for a little more directly an entire book or eCourse with this text buy, read on.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).