An klare Announcement is what most actually want and very few get right. Why is it that we often don't say what we mean, but prefer to ramble on?
- Clear communication: That's why it makes you more productive
- Beware of plasticizers in communication
- The transceiver problem
- 8 Tips: What's behind the communication errors?
- Conclusion: Improve your own insecurity or convenience
- Top books on the subject
- Read text as PDF
- Advice on success, goal achievement or marketing
- Book eCourse on Demand
- Skate eBook as desired
Clear communication: That's why it makes you more productive
It happens again and again - in Everyday life, at work, in personal relationships: we say A, actually mean B and then we are irritated that our conversation partner does not even understand what we want and in the end maybe even C does it. The result is often bitching, Streit and power games that waste time. It would be better to say what we mean right away, right?
Klare Communication is not only easier to understand, it also helps to save time, precisely because it prevents misunderstandings. But just when displeasure or Resistance is to be feared, many tend People tend to paraphrase wishes or work instructions rather than to speak plain language.
Beware of plasticizers in communication
The books on the subject (advertising)
Typical plasticizer examples are: "I would like ..." instead of "Please do this ..." or "Could you do this as soon as possible" instead of "Please do it now". Motto: "He will somehow understand what I mean".
The communication partner usually does not. Because most people only understand what they want to understand if you give them the Choice leaves. Then they just don't care about the wishes of the other person or as soon as possible is next week and not right away. And that's where the paradoxical situation arises: Supposedly expressed clearly, but misunderstood.
The transceiver problem
But there is one Solution for this Problem: You can avoid such “softeners” and still convince people – for example by standing up for your own Set Creates acceptance and brings common goals to the fore.
But the really exciting question here is: why can not we make it clear to others, what we expect and want, in order to avoid the misunderstandings right from the start? There are a number of reasons for this which, depending on the situation, more or less come to fruition and should be reflected accordingly. Also because many actually believe that they had expressed themselves clearly - and yet the interlocutor did not understand the statement.
8 Tips: What's behind the communication errors?
Discounts for your success (advertising)!
Not infrequently, such misunderstandings combine several of the following motives:
- Uncertainty: Often there is a personal insecurity behind it - one simply does not dare to prevail or is afraid of an escalating conflict.
- The desire to be loved: Every human wants to be loved. Also bosses. However, it becomes problematic for them to expect love from their employees and to turn to it - for example, by avoiding clear decisions because they are afraid of making themselves unpopular. Roland Jäger has described this type of boss very aptly as the “cuddle boss”.
- Expectations: Not infrequently, we also want to respond to our counterpart's implicit or openly expressed expectations, especially if they are the boss or other important persons. Conversely, we often have implicit expectations of others - for example, that they can blindly follow our train of thought and already understand what we mean. But nobody can think-read.
- Society: Occasionally, especially in women, the social picture plays a role. Women should be nice, nice and friendly, that's the cliché. And to conform to this image and not to be considered as a bitch, many women try to rewrite their opinion rather than speak clearly and openly what they think.
- Beliefs: Many beliefs have been given to us as a child, such as Management consultant Claudia Hupprich shows. As a child, for example, the word was banned frequently, will also have difficulties as adults to prevail.
- Convenience: Sometimes it's just a matter of convenience - we just do not want a fight and think the problem will solve itself if we just start it kindly. A dangerous fallacy.
- Stress: The motive is very similar if we want to avoid further stress and conflicts during time constraints and therefore do not present our request too little. This can be bitterly avenged if the work order delegated has not been executed. Afterwards, the stress is usually greater.
- Tactical goals: Quite a few people try for tactical reasons to manipulate other people consciously or unconsciously. Again, there is often uncertainty behind it as a basic motive.
Conclusion: Improve your own insecurity or convenience
So if you want to communicate clearly, understandably and unequivocally, and yet are often misunderstood, then you should consider why that is:
Due to their own insecurity, convenience or similar motives. And then work to eliminate the communication errors as best as possible. Much Success there!
Top books on the subject
Read text as PDF
Acquire this text as a PDF (only for own use without passing it on according to Terms and conditions): Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de, we will then send the PDF to you immediately. You can also purchase text series.
Advice on success, goal achievement or marketing
Book eCourse on Demand
Up to 30 lessons with 4 learning tasks each + final lesson as a PDF download. Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de. Alternatively, we would be happy to put your course together for you or offer you a personal, regular one eMail-Course - all further information!
Skate eBook as desired
If our store doesn't offer you your desired topic: We will be happy to put together a book according to your wishes and deliver it in a format of your choice. Please sign us after purchase supportberufebilder.de