As soon as the application process has started, with a bit of luck and skill, you will become your first Assessment Center invited. But what exactly is waiting for you there? 10 tips to the Recruiting-Day successfully to use for yourself.
How does an assessment center run?
The assessment center is usually a one- to three-day event organized by the potential employer, who uses various tests to determine the Personality of the applicant and would like to assess their suitability for the position. Six to twelve Candidates try different Tasks and mastering trials in different situations, being analyzed and evaluated by multiple observers. An assessment center usually works like this:
- In the beginning there is usually an introductory round, which is often continued with a group discussion.
- This is followed by case studies, competence tests, rolling games, so-called post-basket exercises and a self-presentation.
- This is usually completed with an interview in which the applicant must answer.
- The results are then compared to the company's requirements. The requirement profile differs from position to position, of course, but in general it can be said that characteristics such as persuasiveness, fluency in language, ability to work in a team and the ability to make decisions and judgments play a decisive role.
10 Tips for a successful recruiting day
The books on the subject (advertising)
When it comes to passing the Assessment Center not only safely but also successfully for your purposes: Here you will find 10 tips for the Assessment Center:
- Professional appearance: In the sense of “dress to impress”, you should attach importance to a suitable style of clothing on this day. If you're not sure what to wear, choose the more elegant alternative. Here the guiding principle applies: It's better to be overdressed than underdressed. A natural look usually also helps over one or two clothing faux pas.
- Pay attention to your behavior, but do not pretend: Also, because an assessment center can take a few hours to complete, it is important not to pretend to be focused on other tasks and the observers will ultimately notice when you play a role. And do not forget: In joint activities, such as lunch or breaks, applicants should continue to pay attention to their appearance and behavior - because even here they are under observation.
- Good preparation is half the battle: The preparation is the essence of an Assessment Center. The most important company, product and branch data should be available. Also one's own motivation for this job should be clear and express. How does my personality fit into the job in the future job?
- With good general knowledge: A good general knowledge and knowledge of current day events is also a prerequisite for making a good impression at the Assessment Center.
- Prepare yourself specifically: For the specific preparation of the individual tests, there are special specialist literature and advice, as well as assessment center seminars or individual individual coaching, which make you fit. A tip: In addition, simply train a few examples with family and friends.
- Rested and fit appear: To successfully master the Assessment Center, which requires a great deal of attention and concentration, one should be well rested and fit in there. Better no party on the eve!
- Watching and listening: Talking is silver, silence is gold - it is said. And this old adage could also apply to assessment centers. Because an interesting information about a comrade-in-arms or observer was already useful for many applicants - so keep your ears peeled!
- Structured and Analytical work: A structured and analytical approach also helps to cope with the usually very complex task. For the individual and group presentations one should necessarily the available equipment such as beamer or flipchart.
- Self-confident but not dominant: The presentation style should always be as individual as possible and the appearance should be self-confident but not too dominant. Also think about the team spirit: A group is usually only as strong as its weakest member.
- Do not get distracted: Do not let the unsettling questions out of the concept, keep you relaxed and above all always matter-of-fact. Always remember, the tasks are to be tested to see how stress-resistant you are. If a task times not work perfectly, no reason for concern. The art is simply to leave the stress and the frustration in the next task simply outside. That impressed and convinced the most.
Top books on the subject
Read text as PDF
Discounts for your success (advertising)!
Acquire this text as a PDF (only for own use without passing it on according to Terms and conditions): Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de, we will then send the PDF to you immediately. You can also purchase text series.
Advice on success, goal achievement or marketing
You have Ask round to Career, recruiting, personal development or increasing reach? Our AI consultant will help you for 5 euros a month – free for book buyers. We offer special ones for other topics IT services
Book eCourse on Demand
Up to 30 lessons with 4 learning tasks each + final lesson as a PDF download. Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de. Alternatively, we would be happy to put your course together for you or offer you a personal, regular one eMail-Course - all further information!
Skate eBook as desired
If our store does not offer you your desired topic: We will be happy to put together a book according to your wishes and deliver it in a format of yours Choice. Please sign us after purchase supportberufebilder.de