Fulfilling your role professionally as a host is not light. A few tips will help you make a good impression.
- Success: A question of personal appearance
- First considerations
- The choice of the restaurant and the process
- What else should be considered?
- Finish the meal
- The buffet
- This should be avoided at a buffet:
- Top books on the subject
- Read text as PDF
- Advice on success, goal achievement or marketing
- Book eCourse on Demand
- Skate eBook as desired
Success: A question of personal appearance
Success im Business and privacy is also a question of personal appearance. Convincing in style means being familiar with the rules of the game in social interaction. Whether it's a business lunch or a meal with friends: in every situation it is important to present yourself appropriately. When you, as the host, invite to a business dinner, there are a few small things that count – but there are also big ones Effect – to be observed.
The business lunch requires an exact Planning. The host thinks in good time about the criteria they should consider as the host when choosing a restaurant.
The books on the subject (advertising)
Before any business, some basic considerations should be clarified:
- Which guests do I invite for which occasion?
- Do I know the requirements of my guests (vegetarian, kosher cuisine, ...)?
- Number of guests?
- Time of the talk?
- Fixed menu or food à la carte?
- Smoking / Non smoking?
- Special rooms?
- Special wishes?
- Beverage recommendations and alternatives?
The choice of the restaurant and the process
For the selection of the restaurant I can consult a restaurant guide. You don't know the restaurant yet and therefore test it in good time - after all, you don't want to experience any embarrassing surprises. Are they with the rehearsal dinner satisfied, can be booked immediately. The hosts discuss the wishes with the restaurant manager. But how does a business lunch actually work?
- The place of honor is basically to the right of the host or the hostess. In Austria, the male Ehrengast can also be sitting to the left of the hostess, then he is her master.
- As a host, the menu order is a recommendation. So the guests know immediately, in which (also price) framework the food is aligned, and can order accordingly.
- The hostess / the host planned a table talk and agreed with the service. She / he rises and begins the short speech.
- Table speeches should always be discussed with the service and are always held between the main course and dessert. A speech lasts: "No longer than a glass of champagne sparkles" - that is between three and five minutes. The content should be based on the following topics: please, greet, hope, wish, thank, ask.
What else should be considered?
During the aperitif, they introduce their guests to each other and introduce each guest with a few appropriate comments. This makes it easier for the interlocutors to start a conversation. The hosts converse with their guests and still have an overview of the situation in the room. They then accompany their guests to the table and place them according to their rank. The most important Customer gets the best seat.
After a meal was wrongly served, the hostess / host complains discretely to the service staff. The plate is replaced immediately, and the guest immediately receives his ordered court. The host has chosen her place so that she / he can talk to all the guests. He / she observes that all guests participate in the conversation.
Finish the meal
At a business dinner is not always easy to signal to the guests that you want to end the evening. Therefore, consider the following tips:
- Of course they do not want to give the impression that they did not have a nice evening or that they now want to "throw out" their guests.
- In the restaurant you can be smart with the question: "May I order a last drink for you?" save. Guests can tell that they want to leave.
- Already at the table reservation the hostess agreed with the restaurant chef that the bill is sent to her company. Thus there is no need for him / her to leave the table to pay.
- On the way out, the hostess / hostess will leave the guests and organize a taxi if necessary.
is a special form of food presentation and continues to enjoy great popularity among guests. Instead of the usual menu - starter, main course, dessert - all dishes are served at a buffet, but plates, bowl and co are also placed in this order.
- The buffet styles are varied: from the breakfast buffet to the brunch buffet, lunch buffet, salad buffet, gala buffet until dessert buffet.
- Ideally, cutlery, napkins and glasses are already laid out on the tables so that the guest has both hands free to use at the buffet.
- Instead of overloading plates, a buffet offers the possibility to go to the buffet several times. The order should be kept and do not get the dessert first.
- The buffet is open to the host / the hostess and is also expected by the guests.
- At the Flying Buffet, the dishes are served in small bowls and glasses or on small plates, and as soon as they are empty they are collected again by the service. Small spoons or forks and napkins are served to the guest. Often it is also fingerfood.
- The breakfast buffet always tempts guests to provide themselves with fruit and food for the day. This is unsuitable and meanwhile in some hotels also at the buffet extra writing.
This should be avoided at a buffet:
There are also some no-gos that guests should definitely avoid at the buffet:
- Go to the buffet before it was opened
- Advance to be faster than other guests
- Already at the buffet or on the way to the table
- Too much to load on the plate
- unappetizing mess on the plate
Top books on the subject
Read text as PDF
Acquire this text as a PDF (only for own use without passing it on according to Terms and conditions): Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de, we will then send the PDF to you immediately. You can also purchase text series.
Advice on success, goal achievement or marketing
You have Ask round to Career, Recruiting, personal development or increasing reach? Our AI consultant will help you for 5 euros a month – free for book buyers. We offer special ones for other topics IT services
Book eCourse on Demand
Up to 30 lessons with 4 learning tasks each + final lesson as a PDF download. Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de. Alternatively, we would be happy to put your course together for you or offer you a personal, regular one eMail-Course - all further information!
Skate eBook as desired
If our store does not offer you your desired topic: We will be happy to put together a book according to your wishes and deliver it in a format of yours Choice. Please sign us after purchase supportberufebilder.de