Sleep problems are not just harmless disorders, they can also cause significant health problems. The causes can be organic or psychological, but the right environment can also contribute to better sleep.
- Sleep disorders and insomnia: The problems are often deeper
- Sleep and health: what does medicine say?
- Poor sleep - what are the reasons?
- The influence of the environment on sleep
- What is the optimal sleeping environment?
- Top books on the subject
- Read text as PDF
- Advice on success, goal achievement or marketing
- Book eCourse on Demand
- Skate eBook as desired
Sleep disorders and insomnia: The problems are often deeper
It is not uncommon for those with insomnia to suffer considerably, night after night, day after day. And indeed, many know People the Problemof lying awake in bed and tossing and turning in bed for hours. And knowing exactly: the next morning you'll feel like you've been knocked out feel and above all, being too tired to work productively throughout the day.
One is inclined to dismiss the consequences of frequently occurring insomnia as lapidary, but in fact they go far beyond fatigue, irritability and mood swings. Short-term disturbance of short-term memory or problems with concentration are among the more harmless results of nightly struggles with your own body. But who would have thought that long-term sleep disorders could lead to obesity, a higher susceptibility to infections, premature aging and even chronic illnesses.
Sleep and health: what does medicine say?
The books on the subject (advertising)
It wasn't until 2017 that Jeffrey C. Hall, Michael Rosbash, and Michael W. Young won the Nobel Prize in Medicine for their discoveries of the molecular mechanisms that underlie the circadian rhythm of cells - what is commonly referred to as the internal clock. And everything about chronobiology is far from being researched. Also Dr. Chris Winter writes in his book “Tired was yesterday. How to treat your sleep disorder yourself and find sleep again”, published in 2018 by MVG, about the connection between Health and good sleep:
“Poor sleep is probably the most damaging effect on our cardiovascular system. Numerous studies have shown that poor sleep quality Risks increased for heart attacks, high blood pressure, heart failure and stroke. While most, but not all, studies focus on sleep apnea, a condition in which the upper airway collapses and the sleeper is unable to breathe. Recent research has shown that any condition that causes sleep disruption (not just sleep apnea) has the potential to increase blood pressure. Atrial fibrillation is a condition in which the heart begins to beat unevenly (arrhythmia). This is not good, because only a coordinated heartbeat (atrial-ventricular transition) provides for surethat blood fast and efficiently pumped through the heart. When someone develops atrial fibrillation, the coordinated efforts of the different parts of the heart are lost, causing blood to pool in the heart. The rapid flow of blood is one of the mechanisms that Education prevent blood clots. If the blood stagnates for a long time, blood clots can form. When blood clots form, they can negative Consequences arise such as stroke and pulmonary embolism. All things you don't want. Your sleep can affect whether you develop an erratic heart rhythm and a large blood clot in your leg! Studies have shown that people who are prone to atrial fibrillation are at risk of recurrence Appear of the disorder after treatment if they also treat any existing sleep apnea. When subjects had their breathing disorder treated, their risk of developing atrial fibrillation dropped from 82 percent to 42 percent!”
Poor sleep - what are the reasons?
There are many different reasons why someone sleeps poorly - physical, illness-related or even stress and deep-seated psychological problems can lead to unwanted insomnia. Potential reasons include:
- sensory overload
- Pressure to perform in everyday work, trouble at work, shift work
- Hormonal changes, such as in menopause or due to illness
- Addictions like alcohol, niction or harder drugs
- health problems up to depressive illnesses
- Medication (with and without stimulant effect)
- Relationship problems, family worries
- inner restlessness, fears and panic
The influence of the environment on sleep
Discounts for your success (advertising)!
Those who suffer from sleep disorders are happy to take on distracting activities even in the middle of the night. But this is actually problematic: light, for example, reduces the production of the sleep hormone melatonin, this applies in particular to overhead light that comes from above. Therefore, the advice given to read a book should only be taken to heart with side light sources. It is even worse to sit at the computer at night because the blue light literally acts like a stimulant - I speak from my own experience.
The spa town of Füssen, in cooperation with the Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich (LMU), carried out a study on lifestyle-related sleep disorders and also developed a certification process for hotels that is based on one of the University Kempten developed catalog of criteria.
What is the optimal sleeping environment?
So what does the optimal sleeping environment look like? What should you look out for in the selection watch his sleeping place. The most important criteria for an ideal place to sleep are listed below:
- Bed: Bed system consisting of an elastic spring system and a modern, well-kept mattress with a total height of at least 22 cm. Single beds of at least 1,00 mx 2,00 m and double beds of at least 1,80 mx 2,00 m.
- slatted with min. 28 female connectors, with flexible edge support, shoulder zone and adjustable central zone. No electrically adjustable slatted frames without mains isolation.
- Mattress: Modern cold foam, latex mattress (at least 14 cm high) with a body zone structure (at least 3 zones) and elastic mattress cover, removable, washable and breathable). No innerspring mattress because innerspring contains metal. Age of the mattress is a maximum of 10 years.
- Duvet and pillow: Sufficiently large duvet with a minimum size of 135/200 cm, better 155/200 cm, ideally made of natural materials. Bed and terry towels are made of natural materials (cotton, linen, wool, silk, etc.). The age of the duvet and pillow is a maximum of 5 years.
- Blackout option: The room should be completely darkened, so at least curtains made of dense material or the like; blackout must also be possible with tilted windows.
- Ventilation: Night ventilation (window opening) is possible without disturbing noise or light emissions
- Alarm clock: No live alarm clock next to the bed, only battery operated alarm clock.
- Room lighting: Appropriate room lighting with graded day, evening and night light and low-level light as evening lighting. No halogen lights in the room.
- reading light on the bed should come from the side because ceiling light stimulates melatonin production. No energy saving lamps.
- Electrosmog: No electrical appliances in the bed area (except for the lamp), stand-by functions can be switched off Avoiding cable clutter around and under the bed. No cell phones next to the bed.
- WiFi Targeted use of cordless radio systems such as WLAN / dLAN wireless in sleeping areas, e.g. switchable routers and / or shielded areas. Nighttime shutdown of cordless radio systems such as WLAN / DLAN Wireless in sleeping areas for at least 6 hours or more (around midnight - 24.00 a.m.).
- Sound insulation: Adequate soundproofing of the windows or quiet location of the bedroom as well as sound-absorbing doors / double doors
- Location of the room: The bedroom should not be a through room.
- Temperature: Individually adjustable room temperature.
- Drinks next to the bed to avoid getting up at night.
- flashlight next to the bed in case you need to use the toilet at night to avoid turning on the lights.
Top books on the subject
Read text as PDF
Acquire this text as a PDF (only for own use without passing it on according to Terms and conditions): Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de, we will then send the PDF to you immediately. You can also purchase text series.
Advice on success, goal achievement or marketing
You have Ask round to Jobs, Recruiting, personal development or increasing reach? Our AI consultant will help you for 5 euros a month – free for book buyers. We offer special ones for other topics IT services
Book eCourse on Demand
Up to 30 lessons with 4 learning tasks each + final lesson as a PDF download. Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de. Alternatively, we would be happy to put your course together for you or offer you a personal, regular one eMail-Course - all further information!
Skate eBook as desired
If our store does not offer you your desired topic: We will be happy to put together a book according to your wishes and deliver it in a format of yours Choice. Please sign us after purchase supportberufebilder.de