Many Company In the last few years, they were reluctant to push their own career website online - be it through social media or through search engine marketing. The latter was long neglected. 5 tips on how to do it better.
- SEM, SEO, SEA - what's that?
- Search engine marketing for your own career website - 5 tips
- And finally ...
- Top books on the subject
- Read text as PDF
- Book eCourse on Demand
- Skate eBook as desired
- Corporate publishing and advice
SEM, SEO, SEA - what's that?
Search engine marketing (also referred to as SEM for short) combines two disciplines: Search Engine Optimization (SEO) on the one hand, and Search Engine Advertising (SEA) on the other. What does that mean exactly? The former refers to the organic search result lists on Google and co., Ie the free, ad-free entries that are arranged according to a complex algorithm.
SEA is about the paid listings above and alongside the organic results for a search term. With this form of advertising, the advertiser usually pays per click on his ad, the final one Costs per click (CPC) are determined by an auction system and depend on the competitive situation.
Search engine marketing for your own career website - 5 tips
Both disciplines offer potential potential Candidate on yourself I aufmerksam close! The following five tips will help Implementation Strategy for search engine marketing:
Search engines take many factors into account when arranging organic search results. The search engine robots “crawl” your website and weight the content. Pages that are frequently and conspicuously linked internally are classified as particularly important by the search engine in the context of the entire website. Only an almost invisible link from the footer will pass on little “strength” to the career portal. The following should be noted:
- Internal linking: If the career pages are to go to Google, then the career area should be easy to find and linked from the homepage and other sites of the company web site. A pure linking from the footer helps the career side only insignificantly.
- Overview Links: From the navigation of the career page, the overview pages should also be linked with the appropriate words, to which the page should ultimately also rank. This means that search engines can best be linked to the content of the linked page.
- Tip: Linking the most important job categories from the home page or even from the main navigation (for example, as a dropdown menu under the item "Career") creates even more strength for the important category pages.
Especially for large companies that are constantly looking for reinforcements in many areas, it makes sense to have a permanent position Structure to create the career website. Fixed supercategories with a large search volume should be created. An overview page with all Marketing Jobs or all jobs for mechanical engineers has great potential to achieve a ranking with exciting keyword combinations, such as “marketing jobs”
- Tip: Also categories with study course names offer themselves as Landingpages. The selected categories should be permanently accessible and assigned to a fixed URL.
2. Clean on-page work
Both the category pages and the individual tenders should be cleanly programmed and take into account the important criteria of search engine optimization. These include, in particular, the following aspects:
- Title - the “title tag” is an important ranking factor and also appears as the heading of your page in the search engine results. The important keywords must be placed here within 70 characters!
- Headings - A clean identification of each subpage by headings is very advantageous. At best, an h1 heading should only be used once per page. Tip: Do not use headings for “styling” the fixed navigation elements.
- Description - This serves as a brief description of the page content within the search results. This should be concise and in a nutshell and draw as many clicks as possible. The use of keywords is also recommended here, 160 characters should not be exceeded.
- Tip: Make use of the names of the city in the succinct places like the title and in headlines - the combinations with job title and city names are often searched for in search engines and the right target audience is reached.
3. Deactivate tenders: forwarding and, if necessary, reactivating
Individual vacancies cannot be filled permanently. For this reason, vacancies that have already been filled are often simply taken offline. Mostly it is useful, to redirect the URL used to the overview page, because the job posting may be linked internally or externally.
Thus, the potential visitors do not land on an error page and the so-called “link power”, ie the strengthening of a subpage for Google through links from internal and external websites, is passed on to the target page of the redirect.
This redirection usually occurs as 301 Redirect, if it should be a permanent forwarding. In special cases, an 302 forwarding, a temporary forwarding is useful if a URL is to be reused shortly.
So if there is a regular need for certain jobs, it may make sense to always use the same URL for repeated advertisements! This may already have a few links and therefore immediately enjoys basic trust and gains from search engines fast its former rankings back after temporary forwarding.
4. Use of external systems with a view to SEO
No question, HR Software can be very useful and the processes in the company clear improve. The decision Using a software solution is usually independent of the SEO performance in the first step. At best, however, there is the possibility of combining both:
For this it is primarily necessary that the overview pages and the job advertisements remain on your own website and remain editable. The application process itself can then be done via the System run, but if the advertisement itself “hangs” in the software, then a ranking is very unlikely and, above all, difficult to influence yourself.
5. Use Google Adwords to find applicants
When you talk about Google Adwords, it's about paying ads over and next to Google's unpaid search results. This is the short-term way to make your own career website on Google for potential applicants directly searchable.
Typically, you pay per click on your own ad, so you pay immediately and in return you get visitors to your career website. When it comes to search engine optimization, you initially invest time and money Money, in order to get permanent free visitors from the search engines in the medium term - often a fundamental decision.
- In the first step, the company should concentrate on keyword advertising in search engines, so I do not want to discuss the “Display Network” area.
- The key to success here are the keywords! As mentioned above, Google Adwords makes a combination of the job title with the company's location useful.
The brief ad text should make it clear as quickly as possible what the potential applicant can expect on their own website. On the one hand, you avoid paid clicks from unsuitable searchers and, on the other hand, you lead the right ones Candidates to the appropriate job posting.
- Tip: Think about your ad only to switch to certain regions!
And finally ...
In short, it can be said that search engine marketing offers a lot of potential for career websites. A distinction must be made between short-term and immediately effective advertising via paid ads and long-term search engine optimization of the career portal.
The decision whether one or even both disciplines come into question is to be judged very individually! One thing is with everyone Measures im Recruiting very important: the right success control! Above all, Google Adwords offers a strong “Adwords Conversion Tracking”. Solution, using web analysis tools such as Google Analytics should at best be able to evaluate every measure!
Viel Success while optimizing!
Top books on the subject
Read text as PDF
Acquire this text as a PDF (only for own use without passing it on according to Terms & Conditions): Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de, we will then send the PDF to you immediately. You can also purchase text series.
Book eCourse on Demand
Up to 30 lessons with 4 learning tasks each + final lesson as a PDF download. Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de. Alternatively, we would be happy to put your course together for you or offer you a personal, regular one eMail-Course - all further information!
Skate eBook as desired
If our store does not offer you your desired topic: We will be happy to put together a book according to your wishes and deliver it in a format of yours Wahl. Please sign us after purchase supportberufebilder.de
Corporate publishing and advice
Do you want to publish, increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? We offer specials for these and other topics Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).
Post a Comment