Reputation Management, a positive first impression, is becoming more and more important. Nothing works as well as business cards. 8 tips for the right design.
- Business cards: an advertising medium with pitfalls?
- 3 Benefits of Business Cards for Networking and Reputation Management
- Relationship Management: Why Business Cards Are So Important
- There is no second chance for a first impression
- The right design for a positive first impression
- 8 business card design tips that will make a difference in your industry
- Buy text as PDF
- Buy eCourse on Demand
- Our books on the subject
Business cards: an advertising medium with pitfalls?
How is your relationship with business cards? Mine is more of a love-hate relationship. In fact, I hate all kinds of papers: They are lying around, clogging up space and you also have to take them to the waste paper container. This also applies to business cards, where everyone thinks they have to give you one, whether you want to or not.
When you get home, the stacks of cardboard tablets in all colors and fonts pile up. The problem, however, is that there are hardly any alternatives. Even the contact synchro with the mobile phone has its pitfalls, not to mention scanning the cards.
3 Benefits of Business Cards for Networking and Reputation Management
A business card is one of the most important tools for networking and reputation management. It's also a great way to show off your personal style and an important part of any business participant's arsenal. But what makes it so successful?
- First of all, it's easy to use. Business cards are one of the few things that can be used easily and inexpensively to give you a great advantage in your professional life.
- It is also the only promotional item that people always carry with them.
- After all, it's also relatively easy to create: with the right template, you can easily design your own business card at home.
Relationship Management: Why Business Cards Are So Important
Especially if you are new to the business, you need an effective business card. She will help you build professional relationships and get your foot in the door.
A business card is an important opportunity to make a good impression on someone who could be your future customer, partner, employer, or friend. And don't miss this opportunity.
There is no second chance for a first impression
It does not matter whether you are for an interview apply or meet a new customer, your business cards are the first thing that other people see of you and so they will remember you even after the meeting.
And the saying "There is no second chance for the first impression" applies especially in the important phase of getting to know each other as an applicant, entrepreneur or self-employed person: The first impression you make on a potential employer or customer is often decisive for your entire later career - and job success.
The right design for a positive first impression
With a business card you can support a positive impression or do the opposite. So you should be designing and that Design attach great importance to business cards. But what is important?
There are many creative ways to design a business card that will make you stand out from the crowd. But you don't want to spend hours designing a card that won't work. In the end, you probably want a card that makes the other person want more. So what should you do and what not?
8 business card design tips that will make a difference in your industry
Whether you are a freelancer, designer, student, or business owner, you need business cards. Here are 8 creative tips for designing creative and memorable business cards that will stand out in any setting and be effective in your industry.
- A business card should above all clear and be clear and the company logo should immediately catch your eye.
- Business cards are usually in the size of a credit card (55 x 85 mm) - so if you don't necessarily want to attract attention with an extravagant card, you should stick to the standard dimensions.
- If the dimensions of a business card deviate significantly, it no longer fits into the sleeves or organization systems provided for it. In addition, the back should remain white because business people like to take notes there.
- You should be cautious about the choice of color and the amount of information that you want to include on a business card.
- The layout should be for Company fit and correspond to the so-called corporate design (logo, company colors, font).
- In addition to your own name and company logo, a full postal address as well as a telephone and fax number should be on the card. But be careful: It is essential to enter a landline number, using only one mobile phone number is dubious!
- The address of the company's own website should also be on the business card. The same applies to a business used Email-Address. You are welcome to do it privately Email-Addresses from Friemail- Use providers like GMX or Web.de, for business purposes you should definitely get one Email- Set up an address via your own domain.
- Online printing companies are often cheaper. On the other hand, you can choose from different types of paper at a local print shop; But here, too, caution is advised, because fine paper can quickly cost more than the actual print.
Buy text as PDF
Acquire this text as a PDF (only for own use without passing it on according to Terms & Conditions): Please send us an eMail with the desired title to support [at] berufebilder.de, we will then send the PDF to you immediately. You can also purchase text series.
Buy eCourse on Demand
Up to 30 lessons with 4 learning tasks each + final lesson as a PDF download. Please send us an eMail with the desired title to support [at] berufebilder.de. Alternatively, we would be happy to put your course together for you or offer you a personal, regular one eMail-Course - all further information!