Notoriously gossiping, nagging or fast Colleagues who are freaking out can cause an immense loss of time, especially in open-plan offices. How do we best deal with them? Clarity, recognition and composure are the cornerstones of the strategy.
- Procrastination - Out of the line of fire
- Time management in the open-plan office
- Work more efficiently despite colleagues
- 3 basic strategies to achieve goals
- Difficult colleagues who steal your time: 3 tips on what you can do
- Top books on the subject
- Read text as PDF
- Advice on success, goal achievement or marketing
- Book eCourse on Demand
- Skate eBook as desired
Procrastination - Out of the line of fire
I have already been on Best of HR - Berufebilder.de® shares how I personally avoid people who steal too much of my precious time. Today is about how to do this Problem in Company, with employees and colleagues solves. Corinne Maier has given the following rather cynical tip in her book The Discovery of Laziness:
“Never, under any circumstances, accept a position of responsibility...Choose...in the largest companies the most superfluous positions: consulting, expertise, research, investigation. The more useless you are, the less recognizable your 'contribution to the creation of wealth in the company'. Avoid operational posts like the plague. The ideal is to be pushed to the siding…
Time management in the open-plan office
The books on the subject (advertising)
That sounds pretty general, but it seems to be the optimal one Solution, to avoid the time thieves: You simply move out of their line of fire. Unfortunately, that doesn't always work. This is extremely difficult, especially in open-plan offices. Because they are considered a big problem for many employees - and they are. Because a study of University Some time ago, Lucerne showed that the sickness rate increases with the number of colleagues working in open-plan offices:
“If about half of the employees with a single office say they haven't missed anything due to illness in the past year, this figure drops to 38 percent for two offices. The situation is even worse in offices with more than 16 employees: only three out of ten of the employees there are absenteeized throughout the year. ”
Work more efficiently despite colleagues
And once again, it has to be noted extra: open-plan offices are not just bad, they can even improve collaboration among colleagues and are even more efficient in the Theori than single offices. However, these must not be laying hens' offices, which work together in a confined space and without individual opportunities for withdrawal.
Like many today People work together in open-plan offices, it is no wonder, however, that many people are no longer up for their job, go to the office every day Office torment and even wish for illnesses in order to be able to stay in bed.
3 basic strategies to achieve goals
Discounts for your success (advertising)!
In todays World, in which interpersonal relationships and personal growth of great Significance are, it is crucial Strategies to develop to positive Set to achieve and at the same time appropriate with negative Feedback and dealing with difficult people. In order we klare By setting goals, focusing on constructive feedback, and learning how to deal with nagging and energy vampires, we can develop a healthier, more productive way of life to help us on our path to success Success unterstützt.
1. Achieve goals
- Set clear goals: Define clear and achievable goals. This makes it possible to maintain focus and concentrate on what is important. At the same time, it provides clear direction for activities and decisions.
- Planning and structure: Develop a structured plan to achieve your goals. Creating routines and organizing your time are essential to being productive and staying on track.
- Self-reflection and adaptation: Be prepared to rethink your strategies and methods. The ability to adapt and learn from mistakes is critical to long-term success.
- Motivation and perseverance: Find what motivates you and stick to that source. Perseverance is often the key to overcoming obstacles and achieving long-term success.
2. Managing Negative Feedback:
- Openness to feedback: Accept negative feedback as an opportunity to grow. Instead of taking it personally, think of it as constructive criticism that can help you improve.
- Differentiation between constructive criticism and nagging: Learn to recognize the difference between constructive criticism and nagging behavior. Constructive criticism offers suggestions for solutions and is aimed at bringing about improvements, while nagging is often based on mere dissatisfaction without offering concrete solutions.
3. Dealing with whiners and energy vampires:
- set limits: It's important to set clear boundaries and communicate what is and isn't acceptable to you. Be assertive when it comes to stopping inappropriate behavior.
- Empathy and understanding: Try to understand the complainer's perspective, but at the same time keep in mind that your own boundaries and needs need to be respected.
- self care: Take care of your own mental health and well-being. Take time for yourself and ensure that you recharge your batteries to better deal with challenging situations.
- Constructive communication: Try to maintain open but respectful communication. Offer concrete solutions and try to find ways to solve problems together with the complainer.
Difficult colleagues who steal your time: 3 tips on what you can do
It is also no wonder that so many employees are arrogant towards bosses and colleagues, resistant to advice, meticulously perfectionistic, talkative, impatient, ungrateful, stubborn or boastful. That's exactly what makes them difficult, the other people who waste time. And now? How do you deal with such time-consuming colleagues?
1. Get rid of babblers
A typical time waster are, for example, chatty colleagues who stand in the office door and talk and talk - you would have so much to do. And while listening patiently at first and slowly growing out of patience travel senses, one has already committed the first mistake: to go on a at all Conversation to let in A clear one is always better”No” right at the beginning of the conversation. It is elegant to keep the gossip busy with work in a friendly and unobtrusive manner, eg “Could you do me a big favor and clarify something for me?”
Sometimes, however, psychological tact is also required: gossips are only too happy to indulge in self-praise and apparently set great things self-confidence showcased. In reality, they are looking for recognition. If you give them a little, you take the wind out of their sails at the same time: “Yes, I also think that you are your last Projects did well. Keep it up."
2. Loathing colleagues put off their nerves
The thing with the recognition can work wonders even with colleagues who are constantly nagging actwho always only read the negative out of every situation and thus make fruitful cooperation more difficult. Simply praise such pessimists, because they often have weak self-confidence or are simply dissatisfied.
3. Help, a choleric
Finally, cholerics can be time-consuming. They are sociable and productive as long as they go their way. But alas, they run a louse on the liver - then they suddenly raced off, while the others helplessly search for the trigger. How do I handle this? Look at the drama as calmly as possible and wait until the anger is gone.
Little trick: As a director, imagine that you're assessing an actor at an audition for the topic of tantrums. Or: Focus on a specific detail - "If the vein on the right swells any more, it's about to burst...". Important: Demonstrate your self-confidence through body language. Be sure to keep eye contact, because if you Eyes knocking down, you automatically assume a penitential pose. Adopt an upright posture, never slump down on the office chair. This way you don't unnecessarily lengthen the show of the choleric, and the loss of time remains at a minimum here as well.
Top books on the subject
Read text as PDF
Acquire this text as a PDF (only for own use without passing it on according to Terms and conditions): Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de, we will then send the PDF to you immediately. You can also purchase text series.
Advice on success, goal achievement or marketing
You have Ask round to Career, Recruiting, personal development or increasing reach? Our AI consultant will help you for 5 euros a month – free for book buyers. We offer special ones for other topics IT services
Book eCourse on Demand
Up to 30 lessons with 4 learning tasks each + final lesson as a PDF download. Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de. Alternatively, we would be happy to put your course together for you or offer you a personal, regular one eMail-Course - all further information!
Skate eBook as desired
If our store does not offer you your desired topic: We will be happy to put together a book according to your wishes and deliver it in a format of yours Choice. Please sign us after purchase supportberufebilder.de