Online reviews are free business advice. There is either confirmation that you are on the right path or a valuable learning gain. Because what a customers annoying, maybe that bothers others too. Professionals therefore see critical tips on the web as a valuable opportunity to improve. 7 tips on how you too can benefit from it.
- 7 Tips: How To Benefit From Negative Comments
- Top books on the subject
- Read text as PDF
- Book eCourse on Demand
- Skate eBook as desired
- Corporate publishing and advice
7 Tips: How To Benefit From Negative Comments
When dealing with negative comments and online assessments, one's own attitude is crucial. Because every negative commentary provides a good opportunity to learn from it, by doing so
- Identify weaknesses,
- Make mistakes,
- Improve processes,
- return a hesitant customer,
- negative mouth propaganda,
- Prevent customer losses
- and so finally save your good reputation
In the end, negative reviews also have their good side. And so that you can benefit from it, I have these 7 steps written for you.
1. Chat in the Cyberspace
First listen, then talk! This rule is especially true on the social web. First of all, this means listening intensively to the conversations in cyberspace and capturing their mood as quickly as possible. Via alerts, social media monitoring tools and professional software programs, one Online- Mentions related to the selected search terms, leaked daily.
Everything positive should be encouraged and supported. To any Ask the user and, in particular, problematic content must be addressed fast and care individually. A response is expected within one to two hours. And you should put a lot of effort into what you say, because all conversations are publicly visible on the web.
2. User feedback: Learning in real-time
Analyze all found content exactly. Think about what you can learn from it, and how you can pass it on to the individual touchpoints. Ask yourself:
- What exactly do users say about our company, our products, services and brands?
- How do these statements change over time?
- Are there any gender-specific, age-related, seasonal, regional or national differences?
- What events produce what reactions? And what is the biggest attraction?
- Where is the need for optimization? And how can the clues from the web help us?
- Are there any concrete improvement ideas? And how can they be implemented?
- What can we learn from the way people evaluate our competitors for ourselves?
On this basis, create a clear report with an overview of the most important results. Thank those who praise you. But above all: get in touch with those who had complaints - and get rid of their anger as quickly as possible World! Do this as individually as possible. Because text modules and run-of-the-mill answers are immediately exposed as such.
3. Learning by example: Castorama, Darbo and Ulla Popken
If you want to improve something, you should look how others did. 3 examples:
- When Castinama, a French DIY chain, the Duschset Equinox was criticized by many customers, the responsible manager worked with the manufacturer on a new version of the product. This was then sent free of charge to customers, who complained. Most of them responded to this service with a positive assessment of the new product - which in turn had a significant impact on the sales figures.
- The fashion company Ulla Popken found on the web hints about problems with a button on a certain pants model. After a new button was sewn, there were only positive comments.
- When a product by the jam manufacturer Darbo was rated negatively on the web, Darbo adapted it according to the suggestions of the users and was then successful: The product improved by consumers received the “Best Product of the Year” award from cash.at.
4. Install a rating system on your own website
For operators of onlineshops: Install a rating system. Thus, on the website of the computer supplier Dell can evaluate the offered electronics products with stars. Offers that have received only two out of five possible stars fly out of the assortment.
Apart from the learning gain for negative and the increase in sales with positive votes, one still does what for his search engine ranking. Search engines reward precisely what User Generated Content (UGC) offers: up-to-date and uniqueness. Each new experience report ensures that your page is updated in its index.
5. Ask for more!
But Dell didn't dismiss it as a pure rating system: In the beginning there were them Developer appalled: “If the Customer but rated us badly now?” – “Be happy, then you will learn something”, was the answer. Today, the reviewers are asked directly by the developers: “You only give the product two stars. Please explain why." How to achieve that Feedback directly the point that it affects.
To when expressed Criticism for sure Assuming that others see it the same way, Dell asks the community: “Someone says computer XX has the USB slot too close to the connector hole? Is that important to you too?" The answers are plentiful and they help to save a lot of development costs.
6. Make reviews as easy as possible - for more positive opinions
Make it as easy as possible to evaluate each product and service. Place a star system and the link to a text field directly at the product. Give the customer tips for writing a qualified rating. And remind him to give a rating.
This is best done automatically after about two weeks, because then the customer has had initial experience with the item ordered. A little tip: when you invite your users, their Opinions then write on the corresponding button “Now product Submit” instead of “Submit a review now”.
The former sounds more positive and should also produce more positive results. In addition, it is advisable to call a hotline to help frustrated customers get rid of their anger, instead of making it public in the course of a review.
7. Preventing negative experiences
Another tip: Negative testimonials can be prevented and positive win by placing the following clue:
“Dear customer, we want you to be happy. So if we have disappointed you in any way, please tell us right away. We'll take care. And if you were thrilled, please tell the review portals. ”
Top books on the subject
Read text as PDF
Acquire this text as a PDF (only for own use without passing it on according to Terms & Conditions): Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de, we will then send the PDF to you immediately. You can also purchase text series.
Book eCourse on Demand
Up to 30 lessons with 4 learning tasks each + final lesson as a PDF download. Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de. Alternatively, we would be happy to put your course together for you or offer you a personal, regular one eMail-Course - all further information!
Skate eBook as desired
If our store does not offer you your desired topic: We will be happy to put together a book according to your wishes and deliver it in a format of yours Wahl. Please sign us after purchase supportberufebilder.de
Corporate publishing and advice
You want to publish, increase your reach or as an employer Candidate speak to? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).
Post a Comment