Young Professionals don't have it light: You have little experience, but ideally you should already be able to do everything. What can help: A mentor. A study shows how to find appropriate support. 5 tips.
- Those who appear modest will find help faster
- What should career starters do?
- 5 tips: How to find career starters mentors
- Conclusion: Mentors are helpful
- Top books on the subject
- Read text as PDF
- Advice on success, goal achievement or marketing
- Book eCourse on Demand
- Skate eBook as desired
Those who appear modest will find help faster
This is shown by a mentoring study sponsored by the German Research Foundation, which accompanied 340 college and university graduates in their first five professional years.
What should career starters do?
The books on the subject (advertising)
The result: young professionals, who appear modest, find it easier to find a mentor to support them. Although many believe that the one who says he has more of life and faster career makes: As the study proves, the opposite is the case.
5 tips: How to find career starters mentors
In addition, the study should answer the question of how support from mentors affects professional Success affects. Income and the hierarchical position achieved after five years served as success criteria. These 5 tips have emerged.
- Active search: Anyone actively seeking mentors who support them will make faster progress in their professional lives. This also applies to workers with only average intelligence and social background from the middle class.
- Networking is everything: Good “networkers” have an advantage when looking for mentors. Because if you quickly establish contacts and also maintain and use them, you will find someone who supports them more quickly.
- To appear modest: The more modest the freshman appeared - but for all recognizably good performances -, the stronger the support from the higher ranking.
- Willingness to talk about problems: Also important for a good relationship with mentors is the willingness to talk about their own mistakes and fears. However, this openness of the newcomer to a potential mentor must be appropriate to the situation.
- Social competence required: Without the social skills of the young talent, a more confidential relationship can easily get out of hand. Openness increases the mutual sympathy and the trust between mentor and young talent, but one should not exaggerate this.
- Focus on goals: When looking for mentors, it helps to keep an eye on your own goals. The relationship with a mentor also helps junior staff to become clear about where mentees really want to go professionally and why this is important to them personally.
- Satisfaction: Those newcomers who were supported by a mentor were much happier with what they had achieved. So mentoring not only leads to objective, but also to much more subjective career satisfaction
Conclusion: Mentors are helpful
Discounts for your success (advertising)!
In summary, it can be said that the targeted search for mentors is actually financially worthwhile - if the mentees in Spee take the corresponding tips into account.
Top books on the subject
Read text as PDF
Acquire this text as a PDF (only for own use without passing it on according to Terms and conditions): Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de, we will then send the PDF to you immediately. You can also purchase text series.
Advice on success, goal achievement or marketing
Book eCourse on Demand
Up to 30 lessons with 4 learning tasks each + final lesson as a PDF download. Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de. Alternatively, we would be happy to put your course together for you or offer you a personal, regular one eMail-Course - all further information!
Skate eBook as desired
If our store does not offer you your desired topic: We will be happy to put together a book according to your wishes and deliver it in a format of yours Choice. Please sign us after purchase supportberufebilder.de