Help a meeting, some groan Employees. But the people who do this moan even more to organize and make sure that something useful comes out of it. So long preparation times and a lot of stress? Not at all! efficient Meetings can also be organized quite spontaneously – the participants only have to share one Objective and see that something comes out of it.
- Why are meetings so important?
- Step 1: Does that really have to be?
- Step 2: Choose the right theme
- Step 3: Define the topic
- Step 4: The ambience must be right
- Step 5: Success factors Note
- Step 6: Prepare the meeting
- Top books on the subject
- Read text as PDF
- Advice on success, goal achievement or marketing
- Book eCourse on Demand
- Skate eBook as desired
Why are meetings so important?
Meetings are an integral part of the day-to-day work of most office workers: Certain employees come together to discuss work-related matters, usually with the participation of their supervisor Problems or to discuss other topics.
However, the participants are often dissatisfied afterwards: “Again, hours are wasted in senseless meetings and the actual work stops” - this is how many employees think. Most of the time this is because the meeting was poorly prepared or led unprofessionally. Read here how to do it better.
Step 1: Does that really have to be?
The books on the subject (advertising)
Check whether the session is really required. Are there any others ways (e.g. by eMail-vote) to solve the problem? The question of goodness is always: Justify the pending Ask, themes or Tasks the effort for a meeting?
Step 2: Choose the right theme
Set the theme, date, group of participants and agenda sent. If it is clear that the problem or topic can only be solved by means of a meeting, the circle of participants and the date must be determined.
Invite them in time, only the people who are really important or necessary for the topic. Set the time sent: in the morning for creatives, in the evenings for those who are struggling (because in the evening it is usually faster to reach agreement because everyone wants to go home).
Step 3: Define the topic
Discounts for your success (advertising)!
Define the topic of the meeting precisely. It is best to formulate it actively, i.e. the topic should always contain a verb. It's even better if you post the topic as a question forms: “Should we introduce product XY to the market?” The narrower the topic, the greater the success of the meeting.
Now set the agenda - there must be no meeting without an agenda - and focus on a few points.
Sort the agenda items by Significance (first things first) and avoid ones that participants cannot prepare for (such as “miscellaneous” or “other”).
Provide relevant information
Ensure that all relevant information is available to the participants in good time. In addition, you should set a precise timeframe - and stick to it.
Because always remember: Meetings annoy many, but it is not difficult to organize a good meeting. In addition to content and targets, there is one thing above all else: the ambience should be right! So pay attention to the organizer on “little things” like the rooms in which the whole thing takes place. Or the punctual start!
Step 4: The ambience must be right
If you are responsible for organizing the meeting, please consider the following:
- Book a suitable room in good time. Choose a bright, sufficiently large room. One calculates about 3 to 5 square meters per participant plus possibly space for technical equipment as well as drinks and food.
- Organize and test the technical equipment (video projector, flip chart, microphone).
- Organize drinks and, if necessary, a break.
- If necessary, define a seating arrangement.
- Prepare name tags.
- Provide writing material for the participants.
Step 5: Success factors Note
- Always start on time.
- Determine a protocol leader and a moderator.
- Remind participants to turn off their phones.
- If necessary, introduce new participants to the others.
- If possible, do not take breaks.
- Make a log unless you have a logger.
- Do not close off any agenda item without having set the agenda: Who is going to do what?
- Actively steer the meeting and think about counter strategies for the usual “meeting killers” (frequent speakers, long-term complainers ...).
- Create “cheat sheets” for important, own speeches.
- Finally, read out the central points of the (handwritten) protocol or discuss them with the logger.
Step 6: Prepare the meeting
Send the minutes (typewritten) as soon as possible after the meeting. Monitor compliance with those decided Measures and take over open points for the agenda of the next meeting.
Top books on the subject
Read text as PDF
Acquire this text as a PDF (only for own use without passing it on according to Terms and conditions): Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de, we will then send the PDF to you immediately. You can also purchase text series.
Advice on success, goal achievement or marketing
Do you have questions about careers, Recruiting, personal development or increasing reach? Our AIAdviser helps you for 5 euros a month – free for book buyers. We offer special ones for other topics IT services
Book eCourse on Demand
Up to 30 lessons with 4 learning tasks each + final lesson as a PDF download. Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de. Alternatively, we would be happy to put your course together for you or offer you a personal, regular one eMail-Course - all further information!
Skate eBook as desired
If our store does not offer you your desired topic: We will be happy to put together a book according to your wishes and deliver it in a format of yours Choice. Please sign us after purchase supportberufebilder.de