Your boss has one Meeting scheduled. And already the day after tomorrow. And you should speak there. But about what? Who exactly is coming? And what tools do you have for them Presentation? Preparation is everything. We give you 2 x 7 tips.
- Meetings - better than your reputation?
- Meetings: Why are sessions often so unproductive?
- 7 Reasons: Why are meetings so bad?
- Efficient Meetings: It could be so easy!
- Moderate Meetings: Do not be afraid of the boss
- The solution to the problem: Ask for missing information
- Checklist: 7 Things you need to know before a meeting
- Conclusion: who asks, wins
- Top books on the subject
- Read text as PDF
- Advice on success, goal achievement or marketing
- Book eCourse on Demand
- Skate eBook as desired
Meetings - better than your reputation?
"Not another meeting!" Just Honestly: How many times a week do you think that? Many meetings that are actually intended for exchanging information suffer from the fact that there is just a lot of talking, i.e. there is really a lot of chatter. That's why meetings have such a bad reputation: "Meetings - many people go in, little comes out" is what people say behind the scenes Hand unfortunately far too often.
For most employees (solo self-employed have a little bit better there) means “meeting”: hours of fooling around, in the end only little comes out, and one wonders again: What for? Everyone thinks wistfully of the mountain work on their own desk - and the overtime that you wouldn't have if it weren't for these time-consuming meetings. But there is another way.
Meetings: Why are sessions often so unproductive?
The books on the subject (advertising)
Often, meetings get sick because nobody really knows what it's all about. Or because nobody really knows what the purpose of the meeting is. Although the topic was perceived via invitation, but nothing more.
After all, meetings are not simply causally bad - on the contrary, they usually have a reason why they are so unproductive. Or more.
7 Reasons: Why are meetings so bad?
So why are meetings so sick? Here are some of the common causes of the overview:
- The participants did not prepare themselves and as a result had no idea about the topic.
- As a result, nobody really knows what it's all about, but tries to conceal it as well as possible.
- The boss just did not make it clear enough what the topic should be.
- Accordingly, the meeting lacks a clear structure and objective,
- Therefore, everyone is talking wildly and nobody really knows where to go.
- Individuals use the meeting for self-profiling and unnecessarily lengthen it.
- Still others take the opportunity to get rid of their personal sensitivities.
Efficient Meetings: It could be so easy!
Discounts for your success (advertising)!
The result is always the same: in the end, everyone wonders how unproductive such meetings are and how little comes out of them. And you think: Again wasted time with meetings.
However, meetings can often be better than their reputation, because when all parties involved exchange information in a productive manner, work processes are coordinated and decisions are taken together. Do not you believe? But that's the way it is!
A meeting can be an extremely creative event. It can be used in a targeted manner to present your work in the right light and to pick up important information. Then the meeting is no longer a waste of time, but one Projects as well as very useful for your career.
Moderate Meetings: Do not be afraid of the boss
The Solution of the problem: Self is that Employees – or the employee. If you want to prepare specifically for a meeting, you need all the basics you can get. No Anxietythat the boss stepped on his tie feel could: Especially with superiors, honest interest from employees is particularly well received, after all, you show it Commitment for the Company.
The solution to the problem: Ask for missing information
Also important: simply ask for missing information. Because whoever asks appears interested and that always makes a good impression. Who asks, wins! Ask So, for example, beforehand, specifically what exactly is to be discussed. And then prepare yourself specifically, for example research facts that you don't know yet.
After all, you need precise information in order to be able to prepare optimally. So be sure to clarify the following points beforehand – the following checklist can help you prepare
Checklist: 7 Things you need to know before a meeting
In order for you to be optimally prepared for the meeting, you should consider the following points:
- What is the topic of the meeting, what is it about? How exactly does the agenda look? How much time is available to each participant to present their own idea?
- What is the goal of the meeting, what should be the result? Are ideas, results or the like only presented or should decisions be made and solutions be sought?
- Is there a moderator? Who is hosting the meeting?
- How many people participate? W23er participates? Do the participants know each other? What previous knowledge do the participants have? Is the knowledge heterogeneous or homogeneous?
- Is participation voluntary or obligatory? Is the date suitable for you and other participants?
- When exactly does the meeting begin? When does it end? How many breaks should take place? (Important: a fixed time frame)
- Where does the meeting take place? How is the room equipped (lighting, temperature, tables, seating, catering, etc.) What is the technical equipment of the room (flipchart, beamer, projector, etc.)
Conclusion: who asks, wins
If you ask such questions in advance, it will not only help you; They automatically bring the other participants to think more than before.
Top books on the subject
Read text as PDF
Acquire this text as a PDF (only for own use without passing it on according to Terms and conditions): Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de, we will then send the PDF to you immediately. You can also purchase text series.
Advice on success, goal achievement or marketing
Do you have questions about careers, Recruiting, personal development or increasing reach? Our AIAdviser helps you for 5 euros a month – free for book buyers. We offer special ones for other topics IT services
Book eCourse on Demand
Up to 30 lessons with 4 learning tasks each + final lesson as a PDF download. Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de. Alternatively, we would be happy to put your course together for you or offer you a personal, regular one eMail-Course - all further information!
Skate eBook as desired
If our store does not offer you your desired topic: We will be happy to put together a book according to your wishes and deliver it in a format of yours Choice. Please sign us after purchase supportberufebilder.de