Many introverts do incredible things, but are often overlooked in the process. How can you more clearly point out their skills and results and feel in the Team claim?
- The surprising strengths of the introverts
- Good performance poorly communicated
- This is how intros are in the team
- How to bring together intro and extro needs
- Top books on the subject
- Read text as PDF
- Advice on success, goal achievement or marketing
- Book eCourse on Demand
- Skate eBook as desired
The surprising strengths of the introverts
Until a few months ago, Ingo worked in a team in the staff department of a large German company. With another colleague he was in the minority as an intro in the midst of pronounced extro personalities. His very extroverted team leader showed him clearthat she no longer wanted him on the team: Ingo seemed too colorless and too passive to her.
To her surprise, however, Ingo became active in a targeted manner and was able to fast win an internal job advertisement for a higher position. Ingo loved thorough research and was great at creating templates. He maintained excellent contacts in many branches of the Company.
Good performance poorly communicated
The books on the subject (advertising)
Only: These qualities had completely escaped the extro boss. Ingo simply hadn't communicated them. The superiors only noticed the loophole when things got tough: information channels were no longer available, and templates were criticized for their poor quality.
Ingo's experience makes many quiet People: You are underestimated, although with your Power often deliver achievements that clearly add value to team results increase. The extros don't perceive the quality of their intro counterparts. But that is only half the truth: because the intro colleagues often do very little to get their strengths and achievements noticed.
This is how intros are in the team
So how can you work as an intro in your team and communicate so that you are adequately visible with what you are doing? What else can you do to make sure you get on with the other team members - and vice versa?
Good answers to these Ask should meet two conditions: First, you should your needs take into account, but secondly, also the needs of the extroverted group members (it's easy with the intros...). The two following Strategies aim to reconcile the two perspectives. Try them!
How to bring together intro and extro needs
Discounts for your success (advertising)!
- Intro need: longer undisturbed working alone
- Extro-need: to work in partial steps, to discuss the results and to proceed further
- Strategy: Create rituals of exchange where you and others can orient themselves, giving you the freedom to concentrate on your work.
5 tips for focusing;
- After meetings, stay a little longer to get in touch with the others. Plan this time deliberately.
- Arrange a daily window with the colleagues, in which you can work undisturbed.
- Divide your work into daily steps and take a break after a while to interact with others. Take advantage of this too eMail and telephone.
- With colleagues who appear unannounced, you can arrange a different time if it does not suit you: “I am currently working on an urgent matter. Do you have time for coffee after lunch? ” Attention: In crisis situations of all kinds, this is not appropriate!
- Talk to your colleagues about your work. Be specific: “How did the customer react last week…” This kind of attention is very much appreciated.
- Intro need: between them
- Extro-need: between exchanges with others
- Strategy: If you are planning to spend time with your colleagues, plan your meetings or even your daily work routine. Plan retreat phases as well.
5 Tips to Keep Calm:
- Consider your work in sections as a stage. If you are in these sections, you are in contact with others, approachable and present. However, make sure to leave the stage between the rest in the rest of the world. This can be a walk in the lunch break, in a particularly stressful situation even a mini-break behind the locked toilet door.
- Make a date for lunch. Many intros appreciate a lunch for two or three. Give your full attention to the people you deal with.
- Tail small seminars, such as a lecture, at events or seminars. Use the time gained for a retreat.
- Find out about the informal rules in the team: Which social events and encounters are important? Which are not? Act accordingly. In other words, you have the courage not to join non-priority ventures. Such as the bar visit after an exhausting event day. Balance your absence by participating in another activity as long as your energy level is still relatively high: for example, join in on the first evening and not on the second.
- If you are an activist, try to organize a birthday present for a colleague's birthday.
Top books on the subject
Read text as PDF
Acquire this text as a PDF (only for own use without passing it on according to Terms and conditions): Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de, we will then send the PDF to you immediately. You can also purchase text series.
Advice on success, goal achievement or marketing
Do you have questions about careers, Recruiting, personal development or increasing reach? Our AIAdviser helps you for 5 euros a month – free for book buyers. We offer special ones for other topics IT services
Book eCourse on Demand
Up to 30 lessons with 4 learning tasks each + final lesson as a PDF download. Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de. Alternatively, we would be happy to put your course together for you or offer you a personal, regular one eMail-Course - all further information!
Skate eBook as desired
If our store does not offer you your desired topic: We will be happy to put together a book according to your wishes and deliver it in a format of yours Choice. Please sign us after purchase supportberufebilder.de