Personnel work means a lot of work. Appropriate personnel software can help to automate work processes. How does the implementation succeed smoothly against everyone resistors even in small ones Corporate?
- What can HR software do for companies?
- The typical scenario: a company wants to introduce HR software
- Not every software fits every company
- The right software can make HR work easier
- Why the introduction of HR software often fails
- Implementation of HR software: 12 steps to success
- Top books on the subject
- Read text as PDF
- Advice on success, goal achievement or marketing
- Book eCourse on Demand
- Skate eBook as desired
What can HR software do for companies?
What is HR software? Human resources software is a computer program that companies use to calculate, manage, move, build and social data archives such as wages, holidays, vacations, company relocations, etc draw up. Assuming an employer has multiple locations, HR software is a way for employers to coordinate, transfer and synchronize data.
Starting point: a company has all of its own Set achieved for the coming year. You are so satisfied With their new product they decide to put in new tools too investto make their work processes more efficient - especially in human resources. So the company is looking for one Adviser for his new software. He makes suitable suggestions and consults with the management.
The typical scenario: a company wants to introduce HR software
Everyone is excited about the Ideato be able to use personnel work even more effectively with this tool. The Chief Human Resources Officer is particularly euphoric. This new product will have some great ones Features have. This includes the administration of employees and the associated costs Tasks, but also the administration of contracts, payroll, working hours, vacation time, sick leave, etc. The HR software also becomes a lot in this way Money save up.
Management then meets with some of the senior IT staff to develop a plan and set new goals. And that's exactly what vetoes, because the software is difficult to implement in existing processes. So everything at the beginning - and in the end the actually good idea dies in front of the more efficient HR department, because no one else Lust and have time to take care of it.
Not every software fits every company
Do you also know such situations? In fact, the number of companies using HR software has steadily increased over the past few years. No wonder, it is in principle also very practical that such a software allows everyone Employees an overview of his work, wages and rights.
However, HR software is not really suitable for every company. There aren't people everywhere who have the technical know-how to put them into the existing ones System to implement and the employees who im Everyday life should use, so that smooth processes are guaranteed in everyday life.
The right software can make HR work easier
There are many reasons for using personnel management software: HR departments can use it to manage personnel costs, time sheets, time cards and employee attendance lists. In the area of talent management, employers can save applicant data here, which the company can also come back to later if necessary.
Recruiters can also use it to manage their applicant database to organize and view resumes. Above all, however, it can be used to apply for leave of absence and even to organize seminars and e-learning offers. In short: Today, software is a must in all areas of human resources.
Why the introduction of HR software often fails
That's the theory. But human resources is a complicated area, and the selection the right software is difficult. In this Industry your tools need to be able to do all your HR- Fulfill requirements at once. Don't rely on your IT department, talk to experts who have experience in this area. They will tell you what kind of software for your business and yours needs is most suitable.
Precisely because the demands of the program are so high, the selection of software for the human resources department is often a lengthy and tedious selection process in which many people are involved. And that's exactly why - think of the old adage "many cooks spoil the broth" - the implementation of new HR software can be quite nerve-wracking.
Implementation of HR software: 12 steps to success
In order for the implementation to succeed, some common mistakes should be avoided. We therefore advise you to use the following 12 steps to implement.
- Set goals and who is responsible: Everyone agrees that something has to change, but nobody knows what exactly the goals are and who is responsible for the implementation of the software project. And in the worst case, this is not supported by the employees either. It is therefore important to have a clear strategy.
- Describe the goals in detail: Describe the requirements and goals of the new software as precisely as possible. Why? Because especially at the beginning, neither you nor your employees are clear who exactly benefits from this step. What should the workflow look like if you don't define what you want to achieve and what problems you have to solve?
- Act like a project manager, think about the complexity: The introduction of software into existing systems is always complex. In order for it to work, you have to follow the classic steps of project management. And the IT department should be involved in the selection process from the start.
- Proper budget planning: It's not uncommon for companies to underestimate the cost and time required to implement HR software. You often think “oh, that will work” and just let the IT department get started. Then, when you do your research, you might find that it's a lot more expensive than you expected. Therefore: plan so that this does not happen!
- IT and HR must work together: Don't let IT choose HR software without consulting HR. “Software is an IT topic!” That's true in part, but it's shortsighted. HR work affects every employee in the company and consists of many individual work processes that have to be mapped in the software. Product development shouldn't be about quantity, just involve the right people.
- Make decisions with the right people: But it is also important that the right people make the decision. It doesn't help here to hold endless meetings with tens of people who have no idea about the subject. Meetings in large groups in particular often drag on endlessly and no decision can be made even after 10 meetings. It is better to have a small group of experts who make the important decisions.
- Find flexible software solutions: When software is introduced, the associated business processes do not necessarily have to change as well. Because that would mean more work instead of leaner processes. It is therefore better to find more flexible software solutions that adapt to the company's internal processes.
- Think about scalability: Think about the future. Don't just think about what you can do now. If you saw the signs of the times and wanted to make sure you could adapt to future growth, unfortunately it is too late. It would have been better to rely on a modular, scalable solution right from the start.
- Research and decide carefully: After you have researched many offers, you should once again put together the most important pros and cons. Because after signing a contract, when you realize that a better solution would have been a better choice, it's too late. Perhaps you would have made a different decision if you had carefully weighed all functions, future security, references and reviews of the software before buying.
- Plan the integration carefully: Don't neglect the integration of the software into existing systems. The implementation details are fixed, the contract is negotiated, all employees are informed. Then the IT administrator comes in the door. "It doesn't work that way," he says. It would have been better to have clarified beforehand whether the connection to other systems is even possible.
- Communicate the introduction of the software in good time and well: Don't put employees in a situation where they feel like they're being forced to use a new system. Clear and timely communication is always helpful in this case.
- Mastering the change process against all odds: Change processes in companies are tricky and generate a lot of resistance. Do not think under any circumstances that good communication is not necessary, because the purpose of introducing new employee software is self-explanatory. Unfortunately, the gossip around the office is going to suggest the opposite. Another new system and the documentation for it remains unread on the intranet. You have to work against this dynamic with information.
Top books on the subject
Read text as PDF
Acquire this text as a PDF (only for own use without passing it on according to Terms and conditions): Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de, we will then send the PDF to you immediately. You can also purchase text series.
Advice on success, goal achievement or marketing
You have Ask about career, Recruiting, personal development or increasing reach. Our AI consultant will help you for 5 euros a month – free for book buyers. We offer special ones for other topics IT services
Book eCourse on Demand
Up to 30 lessons with 4 learning tasks each + final lesson as a PDF download. Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de. Alternatively, we would be happy to put your course together for you or offer you a personal, regular one eMail-Course - all further information!
Skate eBook as desired
If our store does not offer you your desired topic: We will be happy to put together a book according to your wishes and deliver it in a format of yours Choice. Please sign us after purchase supportberufebilder.de