The mood makes the music: light and air keep you lively
Home office is a nice thing, but the prerequisites are not always right: At the kitchen table or in the narrow and dark hobby room, healthy and efficient work is not possible in the long term. Bad or even missing office equipment quickly leads to concentration problems, headaches or back problems. Besides, sooner or later great chaos would creep in. But what actually makes a good home office? Quite simply: it must be clear, bright, optimally air-conditioned and functionally furnished.
Daylight is important because it prevents tiredness and promotes concentration. The German statutory accident insurance recommends 500 lux. If this value cannot be achieved depending on the time of day and time of year, flicker-free ceiling and desk lamps are a good solution. More and more offices now have daylight lamps. No wonder: the modern lights make you fit and give you energy. The indoor climate also has a major influence on work efficiency. In the warm months, fans are useful, in winter, when you are permanently exposed to the dry heating air, air humidifiers are valuable.
8 tips: Modern office supplies make everyday work easier
Important for working successfully in the home office: You need one Office equipment for healthy and efficient work. Sometimes it's just the little things that make your work easier. From the laminator to the monitor holder to practical footrests for optimal posture: If you set up your home office cleverly from the start, you ultimately save a lot of time, protect muscles and joints and ensure that all professional challenges can be overcome without any problems.
- Filing systems, the indispensable all-rounders: Without suitable filing systems, nothing works in the home office. They prevent the dreaded chaos caused by "paper mess" and Co. and ensure order and clarity. No more laborious and long searches, instead you can reliably access exactly the documents you need at the moment. Different filing systems are available depending on the space requirements and the individual work situation. Sometimes simple sorting trays for the computer or desk are enough, but sometimes spacious sorting shelves are also needed.
- Correct scheduling: If you are busy with scheduling and disposition in the home office, plug-in card boards serve as support. It is therefore worthwhile to adapt the filing systems to individual requirements, because the more carefully you set up your home office, the more efficiently you can work.
- Table to sit on: A seated position is ideal for writing longer texts. Because this is the only way to think relaxed and in peace.
- Flexible, ergonomic chair: An ergonomic chair is important. It should also be flexible: If you have an interruption in the flow of thoughts and writing and stop typing, you should rock back and forth on the chair a few times; this movement inspires to keep writing. A sitting ball also does a good job here.
- Standing workstation: But there should also be jobs for a standing position. Because standing is particularly well suited for multitasking phases: answering e-mails, doing admin stuff, researching, making phone calls, discussing a few questions with colleagues via Skype or Zoom, maintaining social media. If you are standing, you can constantly change your posture, temporarily resting your arms on the table like on a bar counter or moving your legs. This keeps body and mind flexible.
- Correct disposal: If your employer's confidential documents have to be disposed of as quickly and safely as possible, you need a good document shredder. Because simply throwing files away does not comply with the legal requirements.
- Stepladder or roll stool: So that you can always get to the top compartments of your filing cabinet, a sturdy roll stool should be available that you can use as a rollable stepladder.
- Floor protection mats: They are not only practical, but also beautiful to look at and, provided they have the right design, can spice up a room enormously: Floor protection mats prevent damage from computer chairs, especially on sensitive floors!
A look into the future ...
Working in the home office will become more and more popular in the future. Around eleven million people in Germany are already using this model, which is more than 30 percent of all employed people. The fear of some CompaniesThe fact that working from home could affect productivity is fundamentally unfounded. However, the prerequisites also have to be right.
https://www.haufe.de/personal/hr-management/ausstattung-im-homeoffice-empfehlungen-der-dguv_80_524768.html https://www.t-online.de/ratgeber/id_87535570/homeoffice-zehn-tipps-fuer-die-perfekte-ausstattung.html https://www.zdf.de/nachrichten/wirtschaft/corona-homeoffice-pandemie-arbeit-100.html
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourse on demand or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save). Or for a little more directly an entire book or eCourse with this text buy, read on.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).