Today is that Deselect about medicinal herbs have almost been forgotten. But when used properly, they can make a big difference.
- What did Sebastian Kneipp say about herbs?
- Herbal medicine: There are no standard recipes
- Herbs work differently for everyone
- 11 tips on herbs and their effects
- Top books on the subject
- Read text as PDF
- Advice on success, goal achievement or marketing
- Book eCourse on Demand
- Skate eBook as desired
What did Sebastian Kneipp say about herbs?
Hydrotherapy, i.e. treading water and alternating temperatures, is commonly associated with Sebastian Kneipp, who lived between 1821 and 1898. But Kneipp has also brought healing with herbs back into consciousness. Already his Mother Rosina was well acquainted with the subject and during his work in Grönbach Kneipp met the local pastor and botanist Christoph Ludwig Köberlin, who introduced him to scientific herbal medicine.
Kneipp himself used 46 local and 6 exotic herbs in his pharmacy. Today, however, other effective herbs are used in Kneipp therapy, such as lemon balm, hops, dill, St. John's wort and passion flower. In the Internet Many sites, such as those of the Kneipp Bund eV or the Association of German Kneipp Spas and Kneipp Health Resorts, provide information about Kneipp herbal medicine. In Füssen, Kneipp's herbal medicine is an integral part of the preventative cure based on Kneipp's teachings "Healthy sleep through inner sleep Order“, which has now also been recognized by the health insurance companies as an eligible compact cure.
Herbal medicine: There are no standard recipes
The books on the subject (advertising)
Which herb can be used for which disease? Unfortunately, it is not as easy as we would like it to be, like the human biologist, science journalist and herbal expert from Füssen Dr. Ina Schicker explains: “You have to feel into your body what is good for it. The Effect of herbs depends greatly on the circumstances, existing illnesses and lifestyle.” An indication of what is going wrong in modern conventional medicine with its standardized recipes and treatment methods.
Insomnia, for example, can have psychological or organic causes. Sleep also has a lot to do with digestion, the intestines influence it Brain and therefore acts as a kind of abdominal brain, which is why Kneip recommends bitter substances that are good for the intestines.
Herbs work differently for everyone
At the same time, one should not take herbs for too long, but only for about 4-6 weeks, since they only develop their effect during this time and overdose fast can lead to side effects and damage. So the dose really makes the poison here.
Eventually will People also in different ways and at different places in the body Stress burdened, for example in the stomach and intestines, by worries and fears up to depression, by hormonal imbalance or in the cardiovascularSystem. And each type of stress requires a different type of treatment.
11 tips on herbs and their effects
Discounts for your success (advertising)!
Since the effect of herbs is complex, the following list can only provide very superficial information, since with herbs it always depends on the accompanying circumstances, a deeper study of the matter is recommended.
- Birch, for example, is one of the most important Kneipp herbs: its leaves are used primarily in the kidney bladder area and for skin and hair.
- Valerian, oats, hay flower, chamomile, linden flowers and woodruff are considered to promote sleep - but with restrictions.
- Hay in the herbal pillow reinforced with rose scents, lavender and woodruff can promote sleep, but too much fresh hay can lead to comatose sleep in children, for example. The cumerine contained in hay flowers can lead to headaches in high doses.
- Valerian is probably the most well-known remedy for sleep and is also good in test situations because of its concentration-enhancing effect, but if the dosage is too low it is rather stimulating, but overdosing should also be avoided.
- Lavender has a very calming effect on the psyche and also regulates digestion. Bathing water with lavender herb, in particular, has been attributed to a relaxing and circulatory effect since ancient times. However, you have to like the smell.
- In addition to lavender, lemon balm can also be used universally and practically for everyone: it is good for the heart, but can also be used for all kinds of ailments. Melissa is also considered a particularly effective plant for stomach and intestinal complaints, nervous sleep disorders and loss of appetite.
- As a relative of the gentian, the centaury is just as bitter. Therefore, it also promotes digestive activity and stimulates the formation of digestive juices. It also strengthens the immune system and helps with circulatory and nervous weakness,
- Angelica is also good for the intestines and digestion in the form of teas or tinctures as a bitter substance.
- Hops are also a bitter substance for the liver and stomach and, thanks to their phytoestrogen content, can be a miracle cure for insomnia and discomfort during menopause. For men, however, it tends to dampen sexual desire for the same reason.
- Linden flowers, for example, help against colds in winter, but in summer cooling herbs such as lemon balm or peppermint should be used.
- Peppermint relaxes the stomach wall and thus helps with nausea and stimulates digestion. It also has a cooling effect. The intense taste spoils our desire for pizza, fries, chocolates and other fat and sugar bombs because it no longer tastes - an effective method for a healthier diet.
Top books on the subject
Read text as PDF
Acquire this text as a PDF (only for own use without passing it on according to Terms and conditions): Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de, we will then send the PDF to you immediately. You can also purchase text series.
Advice on success, goal achievement or marketing
You have Ask round to Jobs, Recruiting, personal development or increasing reach? Our AI consultant will help you for 5 euros a month – free for book buyers. We offer special ones for other topics IT services
Book eCourse on Demand
Up to 30 lessons with 4 learning tasks each + final lesson as a PDF download. Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de. Alternatively, we would be happy to put your course together for you or offer you a personal, regular one eMail-Course - all further information!
Skate eBook as desired
If our store does not offer you your desired topic: We will be happy to put together a book according to your wishes and deliver it in a format of yours Choice. Please sign us after purchase supportberufebilder.de