The Resistance against change goes through several "layers" that - from the identification of the problem to the implementation of the developed Solution – pull through the different phases of the change process.
- And why do we have to do it differently now?
- The road to growth
- Top books on the subject
- Read text as PDF
- Advice on success, goal achievement or marketing
- Book eCourse on Demand
- Skate eBook as desired
And why do we have to do it differently now?
Anyone who's ever been to a group one change suggested, you probably know that discouraging feeling when you're not overly enthusiastic, even when objections are pelted down your spine.
Even a win-win solution often encounters resistance. The seven layers of resistance can vary from case to case light differ and carry different weights:
What should be changed?
- Layer 0: Disagreement over existence - "Everything is going well!" : Companies often no longer perceive their own problems. Both cause-effect relationships and research in the company itself make problems visible again. Why is it assumed that there is no problem? Are the goals achieved within the desired framework? The company must slowly be brought up to reality.
- Layer 1: lack of agreement on the problem - "What's the problem?" or "Is that my problem?" : Even if all parties agree on the existence of the problem, it does not mean they are talking about the same problem. Through a cause-and-effect relationship, it is clear to everyone where the basic conflict is and can thus identify all effects. Only then can the solution start.
Where should the change take place?
- Layer 2: Mismatch in resolution - "And that should solve our problem?" : In order to find a suitable solution, with which everyone is satisfied, it is useful to create a list of all criteria which should satisfy a satisfactory solution. In this way, all of them have the necessary distance to critically evaluate solutions and to develop the right direction. If the chosen solution is robust enough and there are no better suggestions, it is selected.
- Layer 3: disagreement over the result of the solution - "It doesn't work!" or "It will never be anything!" : The selected solution must now be worked out. If there is any objection to the outcome, you should include a proposed amendment to cover all critical aspects and produce positive effects. If such a contribution is not possible, the proposal may be rejected and replaced by a better one.
- Layer 4: Fear of New Side Effects - "Yes but…" : Despite a suitable solution, many companies still prefer the current situation, as the unknown changes may involve new risks and side effects, or even lose existing positive aspects. This layer is more stubborn than imagined. Only when all reservations are cleared out of the way can one begin with the implementation of the solution.
How should the change be caused?
- Layer 5: lack of clarity on how obstacles can be overcome - "We can never do it!" : Now it is the implementation of the found solution. In the identification and neutralization of possible obstacles, objections play a vital role. They are used constructively by placing an intermediate goal aside for each obstacle. This eliminates obstacles one by one and creates a robust implementation plan.
- Layer 6: predictable inertia despite successful approval - "Why is nothing happening here?" : Despite the fact that they have already been matched, passive resistance can be caused by boycotts or inertia. Fear of loss of status or failure, a certain hesitancy or even cynicism due to previous experiences with quickly forgotten improvement initiatives can be unspoken reasons. It is up to the management to provide a long-term course and to demand the necessary cooperation in order to advance. In order to involve employees better, it is important to submit tasks to them in order to bind the success of the initiative to personal success and to keep everyone motivated.
The road to growth
The books on the subject (advertising)
The order in which the layers are processed plays a role. After all, it doesn't have one Sinnto talk about the solution before everyone agrees on what the real thing is Problem is. A structured approach will also steer the discussion into productive channels. After all, all parties together want to be one Objective reach.
Top books on the subject
Read text as PDF
Discounts for your success (advertising)!
Acquire this text as a PDF (only for own use without passing it on according to Terms and conditions): Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de, we will then send the PDF to you immediately. You can also purchase text series.
Advice on success, goal achievement or marketing
You have Ask round to Career, Recruiting, personal development or increasing reach? Our AI consultant will help you for 5 euros a month – free for book buyers. We offer special ones for other topics IT services
Book eCourse on Demand
Up to 30 lessons with 4 learning tasks each + final lesson as a PDF download. Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de. Alternatively, we would be happy to put your course together for you or offer you a personal, regular one eMail-Course - all further information!
Skate eBook as desired
If our store does not offer you your desired topic: We will be happy to put together a book according to your wishes and deliver it in a format of yours Choice. Please sign us after purchase supportberufebilder.de