The Success sales are not just about classic sales negotiations, but generally about conversations in which you try to get your point of view, yours Idea or to enforce your proposed solution with someone else.
- Negotiation meeting
- Step 1: Prepare the transaction well
- Step 2: Welcome your negotiating partners
- Step 3: Name the topic of conversation
- Step 4: Start with the interview
- Step 5: Make a decision
- Step 6: Prepare the transaction
- Top books on the subject
- Read text as PDF
- Book eCourse on Demand
- Skate eBook as desired
- Corporate publishing and advice
The difference between a discussion or a meeting and a negotiation is primarily that meetings are more of an informative-creative-coordination Character have and a specific Problem to solve, while negotiations are primarily aimed at reaching agreement on a specific issue.
Or, to put it more subjectively: It's not about the truth, it's about your success. Nonetheless, I deliberately refrained fromTricks” or unfair negotiation methods – and there are quite a few of them.
However, I think that who objectively and fairly negotiates, in the long run has more of it than the one who seeks to achieve his advantage through feints and deceitful maneuvers. Below you will learn how to proceed in a negotiation.
Step 1: Prepare the transaction well
Make it a principle not to negotiate without first considering the following points:
- The most important prerequisite for a successful negotiation is: clarify what you want to achieve. What is your goal? Think about what your "bargaining chip" is. Where could you make concessions if you can't agree? Be aware that there should be no loser in negotiations. So don't go into negotiations if you know in advance that you won't be willing to deviate at least a little from your position.
- Find out which people on the “opposite side” will participate. What are your expectations and goals? What motives are they driving? What minimum requirements will you probably not be able to do without, so what will be your lowest bargaining limit?
- Set an agenda. Make a list of talk points and think about how to strategically arrange them. Where will your interlocutors be more likely to agree? Such points should be at the beginning.
- Determine the place and time in a tactically favorable manner. Whenever you have the opportunity, you should conduct negotiations on “domestic territory”. Plan for buffer times if the negotiation takes longer than you plan. The later in the day the negotiation begins, the sooner the participants want to go home - and the sooner you may be able to agree.
- Bring supportive contacts to the negotiation. Which colleagues or supervisors could help you enforce your request? Who has a high reputation with the other side? Who has sufficient technical and content competence to stand by your side? In general, your negotiation site should have at least as many participants as the other side.
Step 2: Welcome your negotiating partners
Make for a pleasant conversation atmosphere. Usually, negotiations do not start immediately with the actual topic - before that is the small talk.
Through some personal words (so-called “icebreakers”), try to positive establish rapport with your interlocutors; However, don't stay in the conversational tone for too long.
Step 3: Name the topic of conversation
Before the actual negotiation begins, you should name the framework data.
Briefly explain the planned Agenda, forms You that Objective of the negotiation and say how much time you have for that Conversation have foreseen.
Step 4: Start with the interview
Now the actual transaction begins. In order to make progress quickly and to achieve concrete results, please note the following:
- The nuts and bolts of negotiation is the ability to listen. You often learn more when you shut up.
- Pay much attention to your nonverbal behavior - your body language.
- Stick to the agenda and do not mix topics.
- After each agenda item, drag an interim result. Keep this in writing.
- Put the benefit at the center of your argument. Show how your proposal helps to increase the benefit to the other side.
- Always document your statements with facts. Stay in the frame. They are not on an Arabian bazaar.
- Avoid the strategy, first of all, to demand a lot more, in order to give way. This is not only unjust but also discrediting you. In future negotiations, you will no longer be taken seriously or always assume that you are prepared for clear discounts or compromises.
- Make other suggestions that your opponent or competitor can not refuse badly. Of course, you can and must name the arguments that speak factually and professionally for your idea, but refrain from anything derogatory or devaluing.
- Do not put pressure on yourself, because you will not achieve any viable compromises. Therefore, do not use statements that leave your conversation partner with the choice to accept or reject your offer. Remember, you are not a blackmail but a bargaining partner. Not only in Asia but also with us is the principle: none of the participants may lose his face.
Step 5: Make a decision
If you are suitable, you should draw a conclusion. Repeat all the important points that you have agreed with each other in order to dispel any remaining misunderstandings.
Clarify the next specific steps and determine responsible persons and deadlines.
Step 6: Prepare the transaction
Inform all affected colleagues and Employees in your institute/Company about the results. Implement agreements as soon as possible and analyze how the negotiation went from your point of view.
- Could you achieve your goals?
- Were you a fair negotiator?
- Where did you make mistakes?
- What could you do better next time?
Top books on the subject
Read text as PDF
Acquire this text as a PDF (only for own use without passing it on according to Terms & Conditions): Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de, we will then send the PDF to you immediately. You can also purchase text series.
Book eCourse on Demand
Up to 30 lessons with 4 learning tasks each + final lesson as a PDF download. Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de. Alternatively, we would be happy to put your course together for you or offer you a personal, regular one eMail-Course - all further information!
Skate eBook as desired
If our store does not offer you your desired topic: We will be happy to put together a book according to your wishes and deliver it in a format of yours Wahl. Please sign us after purchase supportberufebilder.de
Corporate publishing and advice
You want to publish, increase your reach or as an employer Candidate speak to? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).
Post a Comment