- Strategies against fears
- Immediate help against fears:
- Cinema-phobia Technology
- tapping technique
- When do you need professional help?
- Conclusion: Dealing with fear quickly requires the right tools
- Top books on the subject
- Read text as PDF
- Advice on success, goal achievement or marketing
- Book eCourse on Demand
- Skate eBook as desired
Strategies against fears
In particular, the avoidance strategy is dangerous. Because the fear persists or may even become stronger because the experience that the fear is inappropriate for the situation is avoided. The strategies are just as bad: narcotics, jumping in at the deep end, distracting yourself from your fear or hiding your fear, because these don't help against the fear itself either - neither do they Method "Jump into the deep end," which is sometimes considered a classic because it takes effort to control fear, not eliminates it.
There are various techniques that can help to reduce anxiety and, in the best case, even resolve it. We would like to take a closer look at the following techniques:
Immediate help against fears:
The books on the subject (advertising)
There are some quick approaches to dealing with anxiety. It is important to recognize that different techniques may have varying degrees of effectiveness. Experiment and find out which methods work best for you. If fears persist or are severe, it is advisable to seek professional support.
- Breathing techniques for immediate calming: A quick way to deal with anxiety is to use breathing techniques. Start with slow, deep breaths. Breathe in through your nose and slowly count to four, hold your breath and count to four again before slowly exhaling through your mouth. This can help calm the nervous system and moderate the immediate reaction to fear.
- Focusing on the here and now: Bring your attention to the present moment to reduce anxiety. Focus on your senses: What are you seeing, hearing, feeling, smelling and tasting right now? This mindfulness exercise helps shift the focus from anxiety-provoking thoughts to the present.
- Positive self-talk and affirmations: Speak positively and reassuringly to yourself. Formulate calming and supportive sentences such as “I am strong and can handle this situation” or “I have the ability to deal with my fears”. These positive affirmations can help boost confidence and reduce anxiety.
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation: Another effective method for dealing with anxiety is progressive muscle relaxation. Individual muscle groups are tensed for a few seconds and then consciously relaxed. Start with your toes and slowly work your way up to your head. This technique helps relieve physical tension and promote relaxation.
The cinema phobia technique is based on the fact that with many fears an inner horror film runs, which then intensifies the fear. Now if you could change your inner film, your reaction to your film would also be different and not lead to fear. As mentioned above, ski racers can often be seen before the start with closed skis Eyes and with that Head visualize the route wobbling as an inner film. Do you think one of these racers is imagining falling? No, for sure not! Do you still fall sometimes? Yes, of course.
- Run a fear film: Let your fear movie run off. Imagine, you would observe yourself from the outside. Ie. You watch as you watch your fear movie sitting in the cinema.
- Change the movie: Change the movie z. Other colors, other music, etc. Now let the movie change from the point where you are confronted with fear. Let this movie run to the point where you are safe again. Freeze this final scene as a freeze frame.
- Time lapse technique: Now let the film run backwards in time-lapse, ie in about one or two seconds: Begin with the still image. Repeat this step twice.
- Test original film: Now test your original movie and see if your fear is still there. If this is the case, repeat the steps from step 1.
Discounts for your success (advertising)!
Another Technology in dealing with fear is the so-called tapping technique , so to speak a self-acupuncture without needles. An important founder of this technique is the American psychologist FRED GALLO. There are a number of explanations for the effectiveness of the tapping technique. We deliberately refrain from these explanations at this point, because the presentation of all possible explanations would take up a lot of space. Our appeal at this point is: Try the technique and see if it works for you. This allows you to assess more quickly whether the tapping technique is useful for you or not.
- Name fear: Name your anxiety and determine your intensity on a scale from 0 to 100%.
- Apply EFT: Tap the “karate point” (the point on the edge of your hand, just below the little finger) with about 4 beats per second and say three times in a row loudly or in thought “I fully accept myself, even if I…”. Here you add to your concrete fear.
- Troubleshooting: Now, remember to continue with the problem as you tap your acupuncture points in the order shown in the figure below. In each case, a brief reminder phase is inserted at each acupuncture point in which you speak or think a word or a short statement about the solution of your anxiety.
- Track intensity: Now think about the scary situation and name the intensity on a scale from 0 to 100%.
When do you need professional help?
It is fundamentally important to accept that fears and worries are natural emotions are. Try not to suppress or fight the fear, but consciously accept it. Tell yourself that it's okay to be anxious and allow yourself to feel that emotion feel, without judging them.
However, if fears persist over a longer period of time or are extremely stressful, professional support can be helpful. A therapist, psychologist, or counselor can provide you with specific tools and strategies to deal with your fears and manage them long-term.
Conclusion: Dealing with fear quickly requires the right tools
Dealing with anxiety quickly requires different tools and approaches to mitigate the immediate reaction to that emotion. Breathing techniques, conscious acceptance of feelings, and focusing on the present moment can help reduce immediate anxiety. Positive self-talk and progressive muscle relaxation provide additional ways to calm the nervous system and increase self-confidence.
It is important to emphasize that these techniques vary from person to person act can. Therefore, it is useful, try different methods and find out which ones are most effective for you. Additionally, it is crucial to understand that persistent or severe anxiety may require professional support. In such cases, it is advisable to contact a therapist, psychologist or counselor for targeted help and long-term coping strategies. The Combination of personal techniques and professional support can help manage anxiety and pave the way to a more balanced and calm lifestyle.
Top books on the subject
Read text as PDF
Acquire this text as a PDF (only for own use without passing it on according to Terms and conditions): Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de, we will then send the PDF to you immediately. You can also purchase text series.
Advice on success, goal achievement or marketing
You have Ask round to Career, Recruiting, personal development or increasing reach? Our AI consultant will help you for 5 euros a month – free for book buyers. We offer special ones for other topics IT services
Book eCourse on Demand
Up to 30 lessons with 4 learning tasks each + final lesson as a PDF download. Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de. Alternatively, we would be happy to put your course together for you or offer you a personal, regular one eMail-Course - all further information!
Skate eBook as desired
If our store does not offer you your desired topic: We will be happy to put together a book according to your wishes and deliver it in a format of yours Choice. Please sign us after purchase supportberufebilder.de