Strategies against fears
In particular, the avoidance strategy is dangerous. Because the fear persists or may even become stronger because the experience that the fear is inappropriate for the situation is avoided. The strategies are just as bad: narcotics, jumping in at the deep end, distracting yourself from your fear or hiding your fear, because these don't help against the fear itself either - neither do they Method "Jump into the deep end," which is sometimes considered a classic because it takes effort to control fear, not eliminates it.
There are various techniques that can help to reduce anxiety and, in the best case, even resolve it. We would like to take a closer look at the following techniques:
The books on the subject (advertising)
The cinema phobia technique is based on the fact that with many fears an inner horror film runs, which then intensifies the fear. Now if you could change your inner film, your reaction to your film would also be different and not lead to fear. As mentioned above, ski racers can often be seen before the start with closed skis Eyes and with that Head visualize the route wobbling as an inner film. Do you think one of these racers is imagining falling? No, for sure not! Do you still fall sometimes? Yes, of course.
- Step: Let your fear movie run off. Imagine, you would observe yourself from the outside. Ie. You watch as you watch your fear movie sitting in the cinema.
- Step: Change the movie z. Other colors, other music, etc. Now let the movie change from the point where you are confronted with fear. Let this movie run to the point where you are safe again. Freeze this final scene as a freeze frame.
- Step: Now let the film run backwards in time-lapse, ie in about one or two seconds: Begin with the still image. Repeat this step twice.
- Step: Now test your original movie and see if your fear is still there. If this is the case, repeat the steps from step 1.
Another Technology in dealing with fear is the so-called tapping technique , so to speak a self-acupuncture without needles. An important founder of this technique is the American psychologist FRED GALLO. There are a number of explanations for the effectiveness of the tapping technique. We deliberately refrain from these explanations at this point, because the presentation of all possible explanations would take up a lot of space. Our appeal at this point is: Try the technique and see if it works for you. This allows you to assess more quickly whether the tapping technique is useful for you or not.
- Step: Name your anxiety and determine your intensity on a scale from 0 to 100%.
- Step: Tap the “karate point” (the point on the edge of your hand, just below the little finger) with about 4 beats per second and say three times in a row loudly or in thought “I fully accept myself, even if I…”. Here you add to your concrete fear.
- Step: Now, remember to continue with the problem as you tap your acupuncture points in the order shown in the figure below. In each case, a brief reminder phase is inserted at each acupuncture point in which you speak or think a word or a short statement about the solution of your anxiety.
- Step: Now think about the scary situation and name the intensity on a scale from 0 to 100%.
Top books on the subject
Discounts for your success (advertising)!
Read text as PDF
Acquire this text as a PDF (only for own use without passing it on according to Terms and conditions): Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de, we will then send the PDF to you immediately. You can also purchase text series.
Advice on success, goal achievement or marketing
You have Ask round to Career, Recruiting, personal development or increasing reach? Our AI consultant will help you for 5 euros a month – free for book buyers. We offer special ones for other topics IT services
Book eCourse on Demand
Up to 30 lessons with 4 learning tasks each + final lesson as a PDF download. Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de. Alternatively, we would be happy to put your course together for you or offer you a personal, regular one eMail-Course - all further information!
Skate eBook as desired
If our store does not offer you your desired topic: We will be happy to put together a book according to your wishes and deliver it in a format of yours Choice. Please sign us after purchase supportberufebilder.de