- If one employee works for the other
- Understand the employees and their situation
- Sincere understanding relaxes the situation
- Tips for a more equitable leadership style
- Clarify the company structure
- Top books on the subject
- Read text as PDF
- Advice on success, goal achievement or marketing
- Book eCourse on Demand
- Skate eBook as desired
If one employee works for the other
She regularly exceeds her own targets with a lot of diligence, commitment and Engagement. However, there is little sign of this in her colleague. Quite the opposite: she manages so little that some of her orders have to be taken on by the competent employee - this is the only way to keep all processes in the department running.
An office classic, as it is in the book. But what happens here? On the one hand, workload and pressure accumulate among an employee; she feels abandoned by her colleague.
Understand the employees and their situation
The books on the subject (advertising)
In addition, there is probably also a growing lack of understanding that the salary does not reflect their different uses. After all, it is quite unfair if both are paid almost the same.
The hard-working employee doesn't want to continue "dragging" her colleague through. Until a team member such a Problem However, if you speak to your superior, the proverbial camel is about to overflow. Who likes going to the boss to blackmail a colleague?
Sincere understanding relaxes the situation
The situation is also difficult for the executive. Perhaps the boss can do little to solve the problem. A good opportunity, however, is offered by the employee discussion, because the overworked team member is given priority.
Depending on the flexibility of the corporate structures, a complaint can actually be an impetus to make the remuneration system fairer, for example. More relevant to the Success and the Satisfaction of the team, however, is that the supervisor fulfills his role more consistently.
Tips for a more equitable leadership style
Discounts for your success (advertising)!
One thing should, however clear be: As a boss, you also share the blame if the Tasks are poorly distributed or below-average performance is offset by other team members. To prevent that, you should set expectations for individual Employees clear forms - in the following steps:
- Understanding: Signal an employee who complains: “I understand your point of view. I realize that justice is important to you and I will try to make sure of it. ”
- Get away from expectations: To understand the employee, however, does not mean to give him the right. Leaders should dissociate themselves from this - as a rule, such a statement only fosters expectations that are not, or are difficult to fulfill.
- Avoid spongy requirements: Say precisely what you want to do and how you want the instructions to be implemented. With a sentence like, "I expect more quality from you." no employee can do anything. How is he supposed to know what quality is for the manager?
- Specific instructions: Instead, specifications are more likely to be met if the boss instructs: “By the end of the week I need an overview of all sales partners from you with the following details: xyz. Then we discuss the next steps. ”
- Transparent reviews: Create transparent structures to assess employees' performance. It is important that all team members can understand them.
Clarify the company structure
Often, unevenly loaded teams are in Corporate grown over the years, because Harmony and solidarity are important values in many companies. However, this makes it difficult to critically evaluate a job – at least when it is appropriate.
Clear structures and performance-related assessments make that possible System more transparent, more permeable and fairer for all employees. On this basis, supervisors can lead more easily and consistently.
Top books on the subject
Read text as PDF
Acquire this text as a PDF (only for own use without passing it on according to Terms and conditions): Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de, we will then send the PDF to you immediately. You can also purchase text series.
Advice on success, goal achievement or marketing
You have Ask round to Career, Recruiting, personal development or increasing reach? Our AI consultant will help you for 5 euros a month – free for book buyers. We offer special ones for other topics IT services
Book eCourse on Demand
Up to 30 lessons with 4 learning tasks each + final lesson as a PDF download. Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de. Alternatively, we would be happy to put your course together for you or offer you a personal, regular one eMail-Course - all further information!
Skate eBook as desired
If our store does not offer you your desired topic: We will be happy to put together a book according to your wishes and deliver it in a format of yours Choice. Please sign us after purchase supportberufebilder.de