Many People perceive it as a burden, before Audience to have to talk. But presentations help to advance professionally. 15 tips on how to succeed even under adverse circumstances.
- Convince with good arguments in every presentation
- Bad for the career: When the public appearance goes awry
- The perfect speech: Good arguments are important
- Sovereign present despite surprises: the factor audience note
- How to prepare your presentation optimally: 15 tips
- Top books on the subject
- Read text as PDF
- Book eCourse on Demand
- Skate eBook as desired
- Corporate publishing and advice
Convince with good arguments in every presentation
Those who are optimally able to present themselves in public tend to remember their bosses and colleagues and thus improve their career opportunities. Provided the speaker can convince his audience with good arguments. Here are some tips on how to optimally prepare your presentation.
The degree of familiarity of an employee in the Company is extremely important. A tried and tested means of increasing this external effect increase, is there public Appear - be it in Meetings, seminars or conferences.
Bad for the career: When the public appearance goes awry
Public appearances are so important because Employees leaves a broad impression in the company with them and thus shows that you can count on him at any time. Presentations and lectures are therefore for the Career extremely important.
It is all the more important that the Presentation really succeeds, because a public appearance that has gone wrong has a corresponding effect negative on the career. Therefore, nobody should take their appearance lightly, but prepare as well as possible by collecting facts and structuring their presentation in writing in advance.
The perfect speech: Good arguments are important
The Objective A successful presentation should convey your own content and positions so convincingly that the audience understands and accepts them. It takes a lot more than throwing a few slides at the wall or one you've memorized Rede to recite. It starts with the introduction: It should be as interesting as possible and captivate the audience from the start so that they can follow the presentation I aufmerksam consequences.
Above all, however, it is important to have a coherent argument: To do this, it is important to research the facts of your topic in detail and to have them ready during the presentation. The argument itself should follow a clear line: One should be in the Preparation consider what the core statement is and make this the guiding principle of the presentation, which runs through all arguments like a red thread.
Sovereign present despite surprises: the factor audience note
However, despite all the preparation, one should not forget the audience factor: it is not unusual for listeners to disturb the presentation with interjections or questions or similar unforeseen events. However, anyone who tries perfectionistly to prepare for all eventualities, only makes himself crazy.
Because no one can foresee what the audience wants to know. If you try anyway, you'll get out Anxiety and before Criticism from the outset in a defensive posture - not a good prerequisite for a self-confident appearance. Well dosed spontaneity and small mistakes even make sympathisch.
How to prepare your presentation optimally: 15 tips
A well-prepared presentation is already half-finished. Therefore, start with the preparation in time, so that you do not get in time. We will show you what is important.
- Properly structured, is half won: They should not first compose the structure of the subject in their lecture, but instead have to think about a logical structure of their arguments.
- Use Headlines: If you are well versed in the topic, write meaningful keywords on index cards - these will ensure that you do not forget anything. Or make a note of the most important headlines on a headline sheet to keep track.
- Use full text: If you are not familiar with the topic, write the full text for the presentation. Then read it so often that a glance at the beginning of the sentence is sufficient to have the subject in mind. But avoid reading it from the script.
- Order is half the battle: Arrange your documents, then is also order in your head. Do not just quote quotations, but write them verbatim in your redeman's script or on the cards - so you avoid hectic swearing on the table.
- The optimal entry: The best way to set up the first step is to greet the participants: Then, in a subordinate clause, make it clear what qualifies you for the reasoning, for example: "As head of accounting, I have a good overview ..." Then outline the focus of your reasoning, but without to betray too much.
- No public spaces: During the entire presentation, do without banalities and general places like "We came here to ...". Your listeners already know that and therefore they are bored.
- Go from your listeners: If you want to convince your audience: Emphasize which benefits, also emotionally, the others have of your idea. Explain why this idea is something really new and will improve the work of everyone. Always formulate positively.
- Facts, facts, facts: Good arguments must be underpinned by facts. For this reason, you should first check the Internet, books and trade journals on the subject. Important: Consider your arguments well. If you hold lectures more often, you should get an information archive.
- Argue emotionally: Facts are important, but you are more likely to reach your audience through emotional arguments and examples. Therefore let your own experiences flow into the lecture: Record what happened, what ideas and impressions you had in a special situation and in what context.
- The crowning conclusion: This also belongs to an optimal structure Your argument: In the end, summarize your most important theses. Conclude and briefly explain what you are going to do next. Then ask the participants for feedback.
- Familiarize yourself with the mediat: Which media do you want to use? Beamer, Overhead, Video, Flipchart? Plan the use of media right when writing. Then familiarize yourself with the presentation technology on site.
- Who are your listeners? Inform yourself about your audience, because it makes a difference whether you talk in front of a specialist audience or laymen, young or old people. Who will be there? Is the composition heterogeneous or homogeneous? What is the interest and expertise of the audience? What kind of reactions do you expect or expect from the audience?
- Less is more: But you can not anticipate and be prepared for all the reactions of your audience. This puts you under unnecessary pressure and there is a high risk that something will go wrong. But small mistakes probably do not mean the end of your career. Therefore, be aware that you can not answer all the questions.
- Practice creates masters: Practice your speech four times. Record yourself (eg on the computer or with a cassette recorder) or picture (with a digital or video camera). Let yourself be a constructive feedback from well-meaning but critical friends.
- Whoever comes too late punishes the audience: Arrive punctually, sleep well and physically and mentally fit for the lecture. If you are sick, say better if possible. If this is not the case, point out your bad condition at the beginning.
Top books on the subject
Read text as PDF
Acquire this text as a PDF (only for own use without passing it on according to Terms & Conditions): Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de, we will then send the PDF to you immediately. You can also purchase text series.
Book eCourse on Demand
Up to 30 lessons with 4 learning tasks each + final lesson as a PDF download. Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de. Alternatively, we would be happy to put your course together for you or offer you a personal, regular one eMail-Course - all further information!
Skate eBook as desired
If our store does not offer you your desired topic: We will be happy to put together a book according to your wishes and deliver it in a format of yours Wahl. Please sign us after purchase supportberufebilder.de
Corporate publishing and advice
You want to publish, increase your reach or as an employer Candidate speak to? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).
Post a Comment