Communication skills play a key role in most skilled jobs today. Nevertheless, there are many in everyday working life People frightening communication deficits. 21 tips on what you can do about it.
- Why do communication problems arise in the office at all?
- 7 tips for the right one eMail-Communication
- 7 tips for communicating with bosses and colleagues
- 7 tips to reduce stress and communicate better
- Top books on the subject
- Read text as PDF
- Advice on success, goal achievement or marketing
- Book eCourse on Demand
- Skate eBook as desired
Why do communication problems arise in the office at all?
effective Communication is on everyone Workplace essential. she poses for sure, that the Employees understanding their roles and responsibilities promotes a positive work environment and collaboration among team members. However, there are times when communication fails, leading to confusion, frustration and even conflict. In some cases, employees struggle with rhetorical deficits that make it difficult for them to convey their ideas clear and convey it concisely. This can be a significant obstacle to productivity and even the Success of a project or of Company affect overall.
In this article, we explore the causes of rhetorical deficiencies in the workplace and give you practical tips on how you can remedy them. We'll cover the importance of paying attention to non-verbal cues, listening actively, and avoiding jargon and technical terms. Additionally, we will explore the benefits of using visual aids and other tools to improve communication and overcome rhetorical deficiencies. If you follow these tips and Strategies follow, employees and managers alike can communicate in the Office improve and create a more productive working atmosphere.
7 tips for the right one eMail-Communication
The books on the subject (advertising)
eMails are my preferred means of communication – fast, stress-free, possibly time-delayed. The video above not only shows how eMailCommunication quickly becomes inefficient, it also points to a fundamental communication problem: many of us are useless with a flood every day eMailflooding must spend too much time divorcing the useful from the nasty.
Denn eMails are the number one means of communication today, used on almost every occasion – especially in the Job. But not always are eMailThey are also the best remedy, sometimes they are completely inappropriate. We will show you what you have to be aware of.
- eMails are not always an advantage Especially at work, most people communicate almost exclusively by eMail, Because usually it is faster to cut out a few lines than to pick up the phone or even to bring a letter on the way. A eMail So saves time and money, no wonder they are so popular. But not always eMails an advantage: For example, you can not replace facial expressions, gestures or voice of the interlocutor. Therefore, the subtle nuances are missing in the conversation and the pure, unfiltered content quickly leads to misunderstandings and bad quarrels. A letter, on the other hand, has the advantage that you can go over the written information in detail, until you put the letter in the box.
- When are eMails inappropriate? Apart from the content, there are also a number of situations in which eMails are rather inappropriate: So are luck and Christmas wishes per eMail widespread, but the German Knigge of Duden points out that it depends on the particular occasion, the personal style and the relationship between sender and recipient, whether the good wishes should actually be sent via e-mail or better in another form:
- Depending on the occasion: The more important the occasion, the sooner a letter is attached to a card. However, when dealing with the sender or recipient is usually quite informal, there is one too eMail is possible.
- Private and important do not belong in one eMail: Even private content should be better not per eMail exchange: Although it is purely legal as in letters or phone calls the postal or telecommunications secrecy.
- Caution eavesdropper: However, modern technology makes that possible eMails can be read by unauthorized persons at any time while they are being sent or in the inbox. So if you absolutely private content per eMail must ship, you should at least encrypt this.
- Do eMails productive? A few years ago, the US study “Information Technology Use and Productivity at the Individual Level” came to the conclusion that modern Internet communication makes you more productive - if you use it correctly. And that in turn depends on the network. According to the study, the employees are not the most active eMail-Contact, the largest social network outside the company or the most time consuming for eMails are particularly productive; rather, how big that is eMailNetwork within the company is.
- eMail use with measure and goal: The modern eMailCommunication does not support communication with the outside world, but, when used properly, promotes exchanges within the company. At least if the eMails are used moderately and not too much time is spent on it eMails are the right productivity drivers.
7 tips for communicating with bosses and colleagues
Rhetorics score with Executive – as surveys among executives show: Apparently they have Candidate and employees at your boss better cards if you can speak and write well. Anyone who can communicate well on the job has a clear advantage. However, you have to look here too Industries differentiate:
In the Kommnunkiationsbranche, communication skills are certainly once again asked quite differently than, for example, with engineers. Nevertheless, at the latest, those who want to take on management tasks should deal with their communicative skills. And he should know how to deal with verbal attacks.
- Verbally better selling: At first glance, extroverts find it easier than introverts. Nevertheless, they too can learn to sell and assert themselves better verbally. And their success certainly also depends on whether the respective environment is more communicative - or not, and what the corresponding expectations are.
- Be ready to dialogue: If you want to get ahead, you should always be open to dialogue, which also means being open to criticism and suggestions for improvement and always taking on a factual or mediating role in conflicts. However, this attitude is not always expedient - not when it comes to verbal attacks.
- Verbal Attacks parry: An important point in asserting one's opinion in everyday professional life is to skillfully parry verbal attacks and understand that they are such. “It's always the same with you: say something you have no idea about. Let the talking and think the professional! ” Who doesn't know such sudden and unexpected verbal attacks. And then you stand there speechless and puzzled and think: “What's that supposed to do now? And what do I do now? How do I deal with that? ”
- Correctly react: A simple and effective way to deal with this in a next step: give the buck back! Imagine the colleague saying: “This is again one of your completely inconsiderate suggestions. You get the impression that you didn't really listen to the boss. ”
- Lose no time: Do not waste any thought on the content of the statement, just comment on the type of attack - always in the we-form: “I would like to ask you to find the tone that corresponds to our culture”, “This style is not the style we are used to here. Would you please remain factual like everyone else ”or“ It is not the level in this company to make such polemical statements. ”
- Insulate insolent colleagues in the group: If it gets too colorful for you: Expose the insolent colleague as the one who prevents productive work: "In terms of content, we do not achieve any result", "It is in the interest of everyone here that we deal with our topics quickly", "We all wish us an efficient session.
- Turn to more important topics: "We have more important issues" or "This way you prevent us from getting on here." In this way they isolate insolent colleagues from the boss, because he boycotted the productive result.
7 tips to reduce stress and communicate better
Discounts for your success (advertising)!
Auch Stress affects the ability to communicate. Because in the long term, it is not only exhausting, it also affects that Brain and is even hazardous to health: you no longer have time to recover. That means you are always in a state of emergency.
As a result, pollutants remain in the body, which, for example, settle in the vessels and lead to cardiovascular diseases. And: Constant stress can change the brain structure. The brain adapts negative loads on. And the ability to communicate suffers. 7 tips on how to prevent this.
- To breathe: It sounds banal, but many people breathe deeply and too flatly in everyday life. Breathing significantly reduces the stress hormones in the body. So just take a deep breath!
- Regular breaks and sports: The same effect has regular breaks and sports, which leads to a better oxygen supply in the head.
- Distance to stressful situations: Often this is also the circumstances that give us stress. In a stressful dialogue it helps to leave the room for a short time and to visit a quiet place. If this is not possible, simply push a coffee cup between yourself and the stress factor.
- Avoid perfectionism: Some occupations are more affected than others, such as social professions, housewives and stewardesses, and more recently IT professionals. However, psychologists explain that lasting stress does not inevitably lead to burnout. There are certain stress-enhancing properties that make a person more susceptible to stress, such as: For example, the urge for perfectionism or recognition.
- Question competitiveness: In our society, competition is the order of the day. But no one can win the race for recognition. To make this conscious, reduces stress enormously.
- Often just say “no”: Anyone who only says yes will make themselves popular - because others will then do all the work on them. Until it bursts. Better: Say "No" in good time, gain respect with it - and keep the stress off your neck.
- Recognize burnout in time: Burnout syndrome is a form of stress, a chronic state of exhaustion. According to estimates, one in four Germans already feels that the "battery is empty". Working people aged 25 to 45 are particularly affected. Experts suspect that those who have worked well until the age of 45 have probably learned their mechanisms and know how to deal with stress.
Top books on the subject
Read text as PDF
Acquire this text as a PDF (only for own use without passing it on according to Terms and conditions): Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de, we will then send the PDF to you immediately. You can also purchase text series.
Advice on success, goal achievement or marketing
You have Ask round to Career, Recruiting, personal development or increasing reach? Our AI consultant will help you for 5 euros a month – free for book buyers. We offer special ones for other topics IT services
Book eCourse on Demand
Up to 30 lessons with 4 learning tasks each + final lesson as a PDF download. Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de. Alternatively, we would be happy to put your course together for you or offer you a personal, regular one eMail-Course - all further information!
Skate eBook as desired
If our store does not offer you your desired topic: We will be happy to put together a book according to your wishes and deliver it in a format of yours Choice. Please sign us after purchase supportberufebilder.de