Women Often enough they should still be hardworking, good-looking and, above all, inconspicuous - and this is something that is often talked into in the relevant guides. These 10 tips from a BBC star reporter stand out from the monotony of clever advice.
- Away with the classic career tips for women
- How do you moderate a talk with David Cameron?
- 10 tips from the star reporter for successful women
- Top books on the subject
- Read text as PDF
- Advice on success, goal achievement or marketing
- Book eCourse on Demand
- Skate eBook as desired
Away with the classic career tips for women
As a woman, have you ever been annoyed when the classic career tips say “Women who have their... Opinions saying are considered bossy or bitchy, so criticize yours Executive only indirectly ”or“ do you make sure your clothes fit neatly ”? Yes? Then you should read on.
Because: These standard career tips have had their day. And career tips for women are also different. Namely cheeky and confident. And then suddenly it's no longer about wearing the right clothes for the occasion - but clothes that fit you and that make you feel good.
How do you moderate a talk with David Cameron?
The books on the subject (advertising)
That says someone who should know. Katie Ledger is Training, Team moderator, communications consultant and conference moderator. Among other things, she moderated discussions with prominent politicians and entrepreneurs.
These include David Cameron, Steve Ballmer, Gordon Brown (ex-British PM) and Ursula Burns (Xerox CEO). Katie spent 12 years as a journalist and TV presenter for the BBC, ITN and Channel 5 News and TVB in Hong Kong.
10 tips from the star reporter for successful women
In her opinion, what counts most in the job is what is on the outside Effect, the famous first impression – and everyone can do something with just a few tricks. What advice does she have for successful women? An overview of their theses:
- Maintain your personal brand. Your personal brand - your BrandYou - is in your perception by others. So find out more about your image: Search yourself through search engines like Google or Bing. So you will learn what is said about you and what image you present to potential employers on the net.
- You are unique. You have a unique set of character traits and abilities. Whether you are a permanent employee or not, you are always marketing yourself like an independent entrepreneur who has to maintain your company name. This will help you in the professional environment - and do not forget, the best time to look for a new job is when you already have a job.
- Clothes that you like make you look more confident. It's more important to dress than to find your own style and to feel comfortable in your clothes - this makes you feel more confident.
- Talk to other successful women. The word "network" is on everyone's lips, but what does it actually mean? In my opinion it means talking to a lot of interesting women. Women are still far too reserved when it comes to socializing. But who better to talk to about career and professional development than other successful women?
- Imitate successful women. Work on your own style, but watch other women as well. Try to understand the qualities of successful women and think about how to build and use similar qualities.
- The first impression counts. Most of the people have already formed an opinion about you before they have spoken their first word with you. So think in advance how your counterpart should perceive you. Dress appropriately, but at the same time that it still corresponds to your personal style - you have to feel good in your clothes! These include, for example, a discreet make-up and not too high heels. By the way, most people pay attention to shoes: make sure you wear well-groomed shoes. All these little things add to your overall picture - and that's more important than your business card.
- Talk about your motives and motivation. There are more and more opportunities to exchange and network. So do not waste time on events and talk about yourself, your abilities and your motivation. This can open new ways for you and help to find your dream job. But remember that the conversation should not be one-sided: Try to find out the same about your conversation partner.
- Put your strengths in the foreground. Think about what you do well, what you like and what you are proud of. Make a list of these items - all events since you were ten years old. We do not fundamentally change after our childhood. But women in particular have a tendency to focus on the negative aspects of our personality. The list will help you to see you and the world with more positive eyes.
- Your profile photo should look professional, but alive. Use Social Network as your CV on the Internet, where you can gather all the information about your career and experience. Make sure you use a professional but vibrant photo. Private photos, photos with headgear or pictures from the last holiday are not suitable.
- Maintain your contacts. Business networks like Xing or LinkedIn can help you track the activity of your contacts. You will be notified of status updates and receive a weekly newsletter listing all the changes to your contacts. Use the information to send a short message to acquaintances who have been promoted or who have a new job - the ideal way to stay in touch!
Top books on the subject
Discounts for your success (advertising)!
Read text as PDF
Acquire this text as a PDF (only for own use without passing it on according to Terms and conditions): Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de, we will then send the PDF to you immediately. You can also purchase text series.
Advice on success, goal achievement or marketing
Book eCourse on Demand
Up to 30 lessons with 4 learning tasks each + final lesson as a PDF download. Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de. Alternatively, we would be happy to put your course together for you or offer you a personal, regular one eMail-Course - all further information!
Skate eBook as desired
If our store does not offer you your desired topic: We will be happy to put together a book according to your wishes and deliver it in a format of yours Choice. Please sign us after purchase supportberufebilder.de