Managing is like driving a car. First you do everything as the driving instructor says. It takes a while to find your own way in the jungle of traffic lights, signs and traffic rules Style has developed. But that's exactly what matters for a top manager.
- Peak instead of average is the goal
- Giving the gas instead of braking
- 5 golden rules that top managers must break
- 5 rules of many
- Top books on the subject
- Read text as PDF
- Advice on success, goal achievement or marketing
- Book eCourse on Demand
- Skate eBook as desired
Peak instead of average is the goal
Because anytime fast, but also for sure Getting from A to B is a mixture of driving technique, social skills, strength of character and personal preferences. In management it also takes a while before you can let go of the “driving instructor”. Usually there are even several: an MBA lecturer on whose every word you hang, a standard work on management that you devour or a mentor in the Corporate, who impresses you. The good thing about it: What you learn in this way usually leaves you accident-free, even if not always quickly Objective kommen.
However, if you always drive the way the driving school teaches, you will be an average driver throughout your life. Whoever manages as textbooks, Professoren and older role models, becomes an average manager, has an okay career and is valued as a reliable pack mule. The good thing about gold Regulate is that they enable a level where you can function just fine.
Giving the gas instead of braking
However, as a manager, if you want to be a leader, a real leader, you have to be prepared to break the rules and know how to do it in order to maximize your success. This is also like on the road: In the driving school, you learn to brake in time, but not when it is better to go on the gas and turn the obstacle elegantly and quickly.
If excellent management means implementing projects highly efficiently (fuel-saving) with maximum speed (fast) and with excellent quality (safely and prudently), many golden rules become well-intentioned advice from which top managers must emancipate themselves. This is what is needed above all Courage. Because golden rules are never entirely wrong, they serve a need for security that one has to overcome in order to be whole Leadership-Retrieve potential.
5 golden rules that top managers must break
With the following 5 rules, we will show you how top managers can achieve success by breaking the rules in a targeted manner.
Rule 1: Make sufferers involved!:
- This is how the average does it: Whatever you want to change or develop in management: Include as many affected colleagues and employees as possible in order to have a broad base.
- This is how the top does it: You can never please everyone anyway. Therefore, take only a few, but competent conviction duds on board, who think clearly and focused on success, who prefer to implement than to discuss and convince the other, if possible excite, but can also force to go along the path decided.
Rule 2: Specify fixed goals!
- This is how the average does it: When you're looking at a goal, such as cutting costs by 10%, you're making it clear and asking for solutions on how to do that.
- This is how the top does it: Fixed goals are brakes, not an accelerator pedal. Let's think about which maximum savings are possible under which conditions. Almost always more than 10 percent come out of it. The problem with targets is that, ideally, they will be achieved, but not exceeded, even though more would have been possible.
Rule 3: Give each meeting an agenda!
- This is how the average does it: Start three hours and structure them exactly who is allowed to record which topic in which time window. So you have a clear process, which you orientate yourself and to which you can cling if necessary. And nobody can dance out of line.
- This is how the top does it: Traditional meetings and workshops always take longer than necessary. If you want to be faster, you have to think about what is essential for clarification and decision. This is exactly what is involved in the opening of the meeting. In the episode focus exclusively on it and press on the tube. Agendas always only clarify what is being talked about. Result lists are better: they determine what needs to be decided.
Rule 4: make decisions by consensus!
- This is how the average does it: Only decisions that are made by consensus are really viable, because only these are implemented by all involved.
- This is how the top does it: "Who owns the decision? - Who is responsible for the result? ” You clarify that first. If you have decided on a two-thirds majority for the question of whether you want to part with less lucrative customers, all doubters have to go along. Unanimity only produces stale compromises. If someone shoots sideways afterwards, you must clarify this.
Rule 5: Plan all projects!
- This is how the average does it: When a CRM launch, conquest of a new market or another strategic heavyweight is decided, you develop a plan that omits any eventuality. Do everything possible to hit your fixed milestones by precision landing.
- This is how the top does it: Plans do not produce productivity but unnecessary complexity. Whoever backs up activities, plans and milestones loses sight of the goal and the necessary progress. Instead of milestones, parameters are better at measuring your progress. These are the values you pursue rather than permanently managing activities that may be helpful but not really necessary. Do not be busy, but productive!
5 rules of many
Of course, these Five Rules are only examples of many others. A well-known chess quote is: “A good player knows the rules, a master knows the exceptions!” It takes some experience and a lot of self-confidence to disenchant golden rules in management and replace them with better ones. For managers who want to grow above the average, this development step is without it Alternatives.
Always remember: As a leader, you control your business, and you learn to drive properly after the driving school.
Top books on the subject
Read text as PDF
Acquire this text as a PDF (only for own use without passing it on according to Terms and conditions): Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de, we will then send the PDF to you immediately. You can also purchase text series.
Advice on success, goal achievement or marketing
Book eCourse on Demand
Up to 30 lessons with 4 learning tasks each + final lesson as a PDF download. Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de. Alternatively, we would be happy to put your course together for you or offer you a personal, regular one eMail-Course - all further information!
Skate eBook as desired
If our store does not offer you your desired topic: We will be happy to put together a book according to your wishes and deliver it in a format of yours Choice. Please sign us after purchase supportberufebilder.de