- How recruiting works: 5 things applicants need to know
- 11 steps: This is how HR professionals proceed when looking for employees
- Digitization & shortage of skilled workers: The 7 most popular professions on the job market
- 5 tips for applying and looking for a job
- Top books on the subject
- Read text as PDF
- Advice on success, goal achievement or marketing
- Book eCourse on Demand
- Skate eBook as desired
How recruiting works: 5 things applicants need to know
No company of World comes without Employees accordingly, millions of recruiters, that is the technical term for recruiters, are looking for the most talented and best employees of the respective company every day Industry. But very few applicants know exactly how recruiting actually works.
There are various ways to recruit staff, which, like many other matters of our time, are becoming more and more digital. The way to contact potential employees is accordingly much shorter than it was a few years ago. That just doesn't make new ones possible ways recruiting, and the professions themselves are also changing significantly in the direction of digitality. According to the latest studies, around 30% of young talents use the American job portal LinkedIn to find out new positions in the job market to see.
- Use social media professionally: Job-related social networks are indispensable when looking for a job. LinkedIn plays an important part in this area and ensures that both recruiters and potential applicants use a common portal for job searches and recruitment. At LinkedIn, recruiters or job seekers have the opportunity to make the first contact for a potential collaboration within a few minutes with a short message. Above all, companies want to present themselves in a good light on the platform. Regular postings about company events, promotions by employees or participation in charity events ensure a positive image of the company.
- The digital future of recruitment: The goal of every employer is that talented specialists can find out about a possible job change digitally. For this it is important that the homepage of the various companies is user-friendly and SEO-optimized. It is always an advantage if your own website is designed in such a way that it can also be visited on a smartphone - after all, it is the preferred device of this generation.
- The end of the cover letter: Furthermore, it can be seen that companies are increasingly dispensing with the cover letter. About 10 years ago, the classic cover letter was still an integral part of every application - those days are over. Modern companies already rely on the candidate's detailed curriculum vitae (CV) and do without lengthy cover letters.
- One click application; With a so-called one-click application, the applicant can apply to a company as quickly as possible. By clicking on a button in the job posting, all the important data in your profile is automatically transferred to the potential employer. This often also works with the link to the LinkedIn profile.
- Artificial intelligence in the application process: Artificial intelligence is becoming more and more influence on the job search or take the recruitment process. There is already a so-called “matching algorithm” that works in a similar way to dating apps. Both applicants and companies can make a pre-selection and then the artificial intelligence compares which potential candidates could come together in the future. This saves a lot of time for both applicants and the recruitment team.
11 steps: This is how HR professionals proceed when looking for employees
Many companies are already outsourcing recruitment to other companies and turning to so-called “Headhunter“ or “recruitment agencies” – a trend that will probably continue to increase. It is becoming increasingly important that the Jobs have a large reach and appeal to as many interested parties as possible.
This works best digitally. The classic job advertisement from the daily newspaper is losing more and more Significance, because which one Boy People still read daily newspapers today? A good job search is therefore a bit more detailed nowadays than it was a few years ago. In general, the individual processes can be broken down as follows:
- First, a requirement profile is set for the applicant.
- A job posting is then written.
- The job posting is published on various job platforms such as LinkedIn or Indeed.
- Applications are collected.
- During the same period, an internal recruiter contacts potential candidates for the vacant position.
- Applications are collected and judged.
- Job interviews are held - This is usually done online via Zoom or Microsoft teams.
- After the first interview, a pre-selection is made.
- There are further discussions with managers or team leaders.
- decisions are made.
- New employees are trained and a trial period is agreed.
Digitization & shortage of skilled workers: The 7 most popular professions on the job market
In the course of digitization, not only the search for personnel is changing, but entire professional fields. A vivid example of this is the entertainment industry, which is increasingly moving online. Various jobs are in demand here that can also be carried out as pure telework - for example in customer service, which is essential in gaming and ideally available around the clock. The iGaming has emerged as an industry that is one of the largest growth has to record. In the German market, the sector benefits from recent regulation and the creation of many new professions. The industry is broad, so in addition to video game portals, gambling sites are also among the employers in this area. But it is not uncommon for the company headquarters to be in countries such as Malta, Cyprus, Dubai or Hong Kong and are therefore simply illegal in Germany, if casinos are active without a license from a German provider. In addition: Even if it sounds practical that work can be done via telework: In this case, however, the labour, social and tax regulations of the respective country must also be observed. If you scale the development of iGaming to the entire entertainment area, clearhow much potential and movement there is on the labor market.
It is therefore no wonder that many companies are desperately looking for employees - not just any employees, but well-trained specialists. Because good employees not only increase the productivity of a company Company, but are also considered a kind of ambassador by being positive experiences from her work life share with the outside world. Good, satisfied employees are therefore an important recruiting and employer branding tool for companies. Quite a few companies even pay bonuses when employees recommend new colleagues. Because in some sectors there is a real shortage of skilled workers. These are:
- IT specialists
- gastronomy and hotel workers
5 tips for applying and looking for a job
These examples show that personal and Job Search have changed significantly and original limitations such as location only play a subordinate role, but that there is great potential for committed applicants in certain sectors. But in today's job market, just having the right people isn't enough qualifications to have – you need to be able to get in contact with potential employers sell.
Too often, job seekers focus on theirs Curriculum vitae and neglect the other aspects of the application process - even if the CV is undoubtedly important. Much more likely is one Application Your chance to showcase your skills and experience and convince the employer that you are the right person for the job. If you are looking for a new employer, you should read the following tips.
- Search specifically: In order to find the right job advertisement, you should search specifically for it. Take some time and browse through the many different job advertisements on the Internet. Enter keywords in the respective search bars to narrow the search.
- Use your own network: Go through your personal network of friends, acquaintances or former work colleagues. Who could help you? Who might even be hiring themselves? Having your own network is often the most effective way to embark on a new career path. Contact the person directly and be open to new ideas.
- Don't be afraid of rejection: Don't be afraid of getting rejected. Rejections are normal and part of the everyday life of an applicant or recruiter. Stay positive and don't let rejection discourage you.
- Create a LinkedIn profile: As already mentioned above, LinkedIn is an integral part of modern job search and recruitment. Create a meaningful profile and see exactly which job description suits you.
- Update your CV: Hardly any other document is as important when applying as your CV. Make sure you apply to a potential employer with an up-to-date CV. Also make sure that the CV contains as few grammatical errors as possible and is as meaningful as possible. You also have the option of making your CV unique with personal attachments such as certifications or awards.
Top books on the subject
Read text as PDF
Acquire this text as a PDF (only for own use without passing it on according to Terms and conditions): Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de, we will then send the PDF to you immediately. You can also purchase text series.
Advice on success, goal achievement or marketing
You have Ask round to Career, recruiting, personal development or increasing reach. Our AI consultant will help you for 5 euros a month – free for book buyers. We offer special ones for other topics IT services
Book eCourse on Demand
Up to 30 lessons with 4 learning tasks each + final lesson as a PDF download. Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de. Alternatively, we would be happy to put your course together for you or offer you a personal, regular one eMail-Course - all further information!
Skate eBook as desired
If our store does not offer you your desired topic: We will be happy to put together a book according to your wishes and deliver it in a format of yours Choice. Please sign us after purchase supportberufebilder.de