- Evaluation of well-known job boards
- How to reach the right audience?
- The number of job advertisements as a reference
- Range and visitor traffic
- The Crosswater user survey
- Germany's best job portals with their strengths at a glance (Source: Crosspro Research)
- Compact information at a glance
- Top books on the subject
- Read text as PDF
- Advice on success, goal achievement or marketing
- Book eCourse on Demand
- Skate eBook as desired
Evaluation of well-known job boards
Because with 1.800 Onlinejob portals in Germany alone, the offer is unmanageable. The Crosspro Research user survey also shows that 93% of job seekers use up to 6 job portals at the same time so that they don't miss an opportunity. How can you as HR So find out which job board is right for your company. My Articles the current issue of the magazine Personal in Focus provides information about this.
Companies that want to advertise vacancies are spoiled for choice: because the range of around 1800 online job portals in Germany alone is almost unmanageable. Surveys also show that 93% of job seekers use up to 6 job portals at the same time so that they miss an opportunity. So how do you ensure that the job offer is the right one? Candidate come from?
How to reach the right audience?
The books on the subject (advertising)
First of all, it is important to select the online portals that are frequented by the right target group. Not all job exchanges are the same: In addition to the general career portals, which have an overview of all professions, activities, career phases or regions, there are a large number of special or niche job exchanges that are specifically aimed at specific ones Industries, occupations, activities or a region.
The number of job advertisements as a reference
In the next step, it is important to find the efficient job portals using certain key figures and so with the selection to separate the wheat from the chaff. An important criterion for this is the number of job offers.
Unfortunately, some job portals hide the exact number of available job advertisements or block the display of all desired job offers for a search term in the hit list in order to keep the user on the page longer and to get him to refine his search. Some black sheep among the job portals rely exclusively on quantity instead of quality: They offer an almost breathtaking number of job advertisements, but are rarely frequented by job seekers.
Range and visitor traffic
Discounts for your success (advertising)!
Therefore, it is also important to consider the range or the visitor frequency of a job portal when choosing. This feature is plausible but rarely measurable, transparent and public. Because many operators proudly announce particularly good numbers of visitors and remain silent if their indicators are not so positive.
The international traffic ranking determined by Alexa, a subsidiary of Amazon, provides a remedy for this secrecy. Here the number of visitors according to different Methods measured and made comparable in a traffic ranking number. The winner lands at number 1, the silver medalist at number 2, and the last place finishers come way down at number 24.275.187 or something. Although the Alexa ranking also has certain weaknesses, but there is currently no alternative:
It is publicly available (alexa.com), can be used conveniently with the help of a Firefox plug-in (Alexa Sparky) and thus enables the visitor frequency of various job portals to be compared relatively quickly. Tools such as the Visibility Index from Sistrix, which is also free of charge (Visibility Index.de), can provide very precise information about the ranking of a page in Google for certain keywords, but that does not say enough about the actual number of hits on a job exchange.
The Crosswater user survey
If that's not enough, you can find an overview of almost all job exchanges by target group, industry or visitor frequency at crosswater-job-guide.com. Since October 2008, a long-term survey has been running at crosspro-research.com, which Crosswater Systems is carrying out together with the Hamburg rating agency Profilo - scientifically supported by the BWL-Professor Dr. Carsten Steinert from the Osnabrück University of Applied Sciences.
Around 20.000 job seekers have so far rated job exchanges and job search engines according to various criteria. With the Job Portal Profiler there is a fee-based tool for HR professionals to find the best job exchange for their target group - broken down according to data such as work experience, salary scale or field of study, which were anonymously collected from the job seekers in the survey.
Germany's best job portals with their strengths at a glance (Source: Crosspro Research)
General job exchanges
- Stepstone (www.stepstone.de) + High user-friendliness, + High percentage of jobs in the IT sector, + High number of hits
- Jobware (www.jobware.de) + High percentage of jobs for specialists and executives, + High user-friendliness, + High number of hits
- Kalaydo (www.kalaydo.de) + High share of regional ads, + High usability, + High number of hits
Special job boards
- Hotelcareer (www.hotelcareer.de): + Specialized in hotel and catering industry, + High number of hits, + High user-friendliness
- Yourfirm (www.yourfirm.de) + Specialized in specialists and executives for SMEs, + High number of hits, + High user-friendliness
- Jobvector (www.jobvector.de) + Specialized in natural sciences, life science, MINT, + high number of hits, + high user-friendliness
job search engine
- Kimeta (www.kimeta.de) + speed, + high number of hits, + high user-friendliness
- iCjobs (www.iCjobs.de) + Largest German job search engine, + High number of hits, + High user friendliness
- Jobrobot (www.jobrobot.de) + speed, + high number of hits, + high user-friendliness
Compact information at a glance
- There are about 1800 online job exchanges in Germany, and new ones are constantly being added.
- Those who want to reach the right applicants with their job advertisements should pay attention to the target group and the quality of the job market.
- Key figures such as the number of job offers, range and visitor traffic are important guidelines.
- Online tools like the Alexa ranking help to judge the quality of a job market.
- A long-term survey among some 20.000 job seekers shows how they rate these online job boards.
Top books on the subject
Read text as PDF
Acquire this text as a PDF (only for own use without passing it on according to Terms and conditions): Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de, we will then send the PDF to you immediately. You can also purchase text series.
Advice on success, goal achievement or marketing
Book eCourse on Demand
Up to 30 lessons with 4 learning tasks each + final lesson as a PDF download. Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de. Alternatively, we would be happy to put your course together for you or offer you a personal, regular one eMail-Course - all further information!
Skate eBook as desired
If our store doesn't offer you your desired topic: We will be happy to put together a book according to your wishes and deliver it in a format of your choice. Please sign us after purchase supportberufebilder.de