Why is an application test necessary at all?
If you're looking for a job, you need to know what's important to employers today. This means knowing what skills to focus on in your application test and how to use different ones Ask im job interview can tackle effectively. Unfortunately, while there are many tips and guides for application tests, there are no universal guides, and the only advice you can find online is often incomplete or outdated.
In the past, it was common for employers to conduct a series of telephone interviews Candidates before offering a position. The reason for this was that the interview was seen as a way to screen out those candidates who were unlikely to be suitable for a job. The downside to this approach is that it is a time-consuming process that requires a certain level of interviewing skill.
10 Tips to pass the application test
This is exactly why application tests are so popular to save time: They are incredibly efficient for employers. Only for you as an applicant are they sheer stress. So how do you best cope with application tests? Plus 10 tips.
- Use the time to explain the tasks at the beginning of the tests: Make the task and solution scheme clear to yourself. Try to remember similar, already solved tasks from test training books. If you have any questions, ask the test supervisor while you have the opportunity.
- Work as fast as possible, with a reasonable amount of care.
- Don't get caught up in difficult tasks. Otherwise you will lose valuable processing time for other, perhaps much easier, tasks. As a rule, test items are arranged according to increasing difficulty.
- If there are different possible answers, use the following strategies when in doubt about the right solution: Try to exclude wrong solutions in order to “circle” the right one (exclusion strategy). It is easier e.g. B. choose from two remaining options than among several. Or, if necessary, advise a solution instead of not ticking anything.
- Only participate in a test if you feel completely healthy and well rested.
- Avoid additional stresses besides the test stress - even if this is sometimes easier said than done. If you are not so fit, try to arrange a new test date. With a good reason you can easily achieve this.
- Familiarize yourself with the “Test” exam situation well in advance. Take the matter as calmly as possible. On the one hand, this means being ready to really do something to make it work. On the other hand, you shouldn't let your disappointment get too big if you don't get the desired apprenticeship or job straight away.
- It is very important to collect information about tests and application procedures from employers who are suitable for you. For example, why not just apply to a company where you don't necessarily want to do your apprenticeship or take a job - only with the intention of gaining test (and application) experience? In addition, meeting other applicants has real advantages: You meet “fellow sufferers” and have time to exchange experiences in detail.
- Do not make your self-esteem dependent on test results. On the scientific side, the derivability of professional success is even decisively contradicted by the test result. The test result does not tell you about your intelligence, your ability to perform and concentrate, and nothing about your value as a person and your alleged (non-) suitability for a job.
- Respect your test, authority, and scientific credentials and assure yourself of the supportive solidarity of important people in your environment. And show you simply times to better-informed and meckerern a few test tasks with the invitation to solve them even once.
Typical test tasks
In addition, we want to introduce you to a typical test task. In this task, decide which spelling is correct. Multiple spellings can also be allowed. for 15 Tasks you have 12 minutes.
- 1. The Chancellery publishes a communiqué / communique.
- 2. The secretary carries out her work very independently / independently.
- 3. Maria was the hardest / hardest student in the class.
- 4. My friend is always very cheerful in the morning / morning.
- 5. The friends go to the theater on Saturday evening / Saturday evening / Saturday evening.
- 6. On the whole, on the whole, he has been able to solve the tasks of the exam.
- 7. Please explain this to me in German / in German.
- 8. The business had / had to the customer the amount credit / write well.
- 9. We went by bike / trek the forest path / forest walk / along.
- 10. The captain, Kapiten, hauled / hired a crew for his ship.
- 11. The items on the agenda are numbered / numbered for a better overview.
- 12. The kids like spaghetti / spaghetti with tomato sauce / tomato sauce.
- 13. Marion has forgotten her Necessaire / Nessessär on vacation.
- 14. He has not been able to solve 100% / 100-percent because he was too excited.
- 15. Since the bank employee has little time, he feeds mainly on fast food / fast food / fast food.
Top books on the subject
Read text as PDF
Acquire this text as a PDF (only for own use without passing it on according to Terms and conditions): Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de, we will then send the PDF to you immediately. You can also purchase text series.
Advice on success, goal achievement or marketing
Do you have questions about careers, Recruiting, personal development or increasing reach. Our AIAdviser helps you for 5 euros a month – free for book buyers. We offer special ones for other topics IT services
Book eCourse on Demand
Up to 30 lessons with 4 learning tasks each + final lesson as a PDF download. Please send us one after purchase eMail with the desired title supportberufebilder.de. Alternatively, we would be happy to put your course together for you or offer you a personal, regular one eMail-Course - all further information!
Skate eBook as desired
If our store does not offer you your desired topic: We will be happy to put together a book according to your wishes and deliver it in a format of yours Choice. Please sign us after purchase supportberufebilder.de